34.

Luna

I wake up the next morning and I immediately grab my phone and see a text from Chris.

Good morning beautiful. I can't wait til your here and I can hold you at night and kiss you good morning.

Soon baby. I hope it's soon. I miss being in your arms. I miss you so damn much it hurts. I'll be talking to my dad today and then I'll start packing the house up.

I get up and head to the bathroom and then I head to the kitchen. Then I hear my phone beep.

Whatever you get packed enough to load a truck let me know and I'll have someone here to let them in the house.

Thanks so much Chris. That'll be so much easier and I'll just have to worry about my cars.

Send one of the cars you don't wanna drive up here. I'll even ask my family to go there and drive it up here. That way it'll be less of a hassle for you. I think Scott might be headed down there in a few days maybe.

That would be amazing babe. I'd appreciate that so much. Hopefully I'll be there the latest sometime in October.

The sooner you're here the better. I wish I could really help.

It's okay and I'm pretty sure we'd be only fooling around instead of actually packing.

You're probably right but I mean can you blame me I have a beautiful girlfriend who I find quite charming and appealing. And who I love.

Then my phone rings and it's my dad.

"Luna I'm heading to your place now. I didn't know if you were up or not".

"Give me a few minutes to change and I'll be outside."

I run to my room and I throw on jeans, boots and Chris's sweater. I brush my hair out and leave it down. I send a picture to Chris. I grab my bag and everything I'll need and see my dad pull up as I'm headed out the door.

I get into the car and I see a text from Chris.

Beautiful as usual sweetheart. Have fun with your dad and I'll talk to you later. I'm in a boring meeting about this project. Love you.

Aww I'm sorry hun. Love you too.

"So I've been meaning to talk to you about Derek".

Just his name gave me anxiety. I still have nightmares about him but I haven't told Chris.

"His trial is next week and you and Chris are going to be witnesses. I'll call Chris later and let him know but I'm telling you now. Me and your mom are here for you okay. We're not letting you do this alone. Your mom is meeting us with the person selling your place and we're getting lunch after".

"Sounds nice. Thank you dad. I don't know what I'd do without you guys".

"You're our daughter, of course we'd support you in any way we can. Your mom is already planning you and Chris's wedding in her head already".

"Oh god. He only gave me a promise ring right now. We're going to move in together and we'll see where that goes".

"I know that, but your the only child. And I've been thinking."

"Oh yeah?"

"I'm thinking about marrying your mom again. I realized I was an idiot when I wanted a divorce and seeing you and Chris together made me realize something. She's always been the only one for me".

"Oh dad".

"I'm asking her at lunch that's another reason why I wanted you here".

********************************************
After meeting the real estate agent the three of us were headed to a semi fancy place for lunch. Mom wanted to see my promise ring in person and as she's looking at it I get my phone ready.

I see my dad get on his knee and I hit record.

"Carol Williams I love you so much and I was an idiot for divorcing you all those years ago but seeing our daughter fall in love reminded me of how much I loved you back then and still love you know. Will you please marry me?"

"Yes David. Yes".

I smiled as I watched my dad put the ring on my finger and I cried happy tears.

We had a nice lunch after.