23.

Chris
I hear a gun shot and before I can react. It hits Luna and I smell blood. I press my hand against her and she's bleeding. I can tell she's shocked and losing it.

I grab her phone and call 911 and I hold her and press my shirt against her stomach. I can't lose her. Not the best thing I've ever had.

I try to talk to her but I don't think she can even hear me, but I keep talking to her.

"I'm not letting you die sweetheart you mean too much to me. You're my heart."

I hear her talk and I put my hand on hers while I have my shirt wrapped around her.

Then the paramedics come and put her on the stretcher and she gets put in the ambulance and then she closes her eyes.

I stay with her to the hospital and she's rushed back and I have to stay in the waiting room.

I'm praying no one spots me, I don't have my hat and glasses. I have Luna's phone and mine and I decide to call Layla.

"Hey Chris".

"Luna was shot. I don't know who did it but before I could react her blood was all over my hands. I'm at the hospital in the waiting room."

"Me and Sebastian will be there as soon as we can".

"Okay".

"And Chris, she'll be okay. She's a tough person".

"I know".

I hung up and I just held my phone in my hand. I got up to wash my hands off in the bathroom.

I stared at myself in the mirror. I was a mess but I was scared to death about losing her.

I walked out and I saw Layla and Seb waking in. They ran up and hugged me and I broke down.

"I got you some of my clothes. We'll get yours depending on what happens", said Sebastian.

"Thank you guys".

"No problem. Have you heard anything from them?" Asked Layla.

"No, nothing".

"Her mom is on the way, I don't know about her dad. I called them both".

I grabbed the clothes and went to the bathroom to change and I threw my bloody clothes away.

I walked back out and I sat in the chair. The time seemed to be dragging.

Was she okay?

I heard the doors open and I see police officers.

"Mr. Evans, can you tell us what you saw?"

"Yeah."

"We'll let you know if anything happens", said Sebastian.

We walk outside and I give my statement.

"Do you know anyone that would want to do this to her? Maybe someone that wanted to get at you?"

"I can't think of- wait her ex Derek Smith. Luna had a restraining order put on him. I don't know if he got one but I don't understand why he'd shoot her and not me".

"We'll start with him. We'll keep in touch".

"Thank you".

I walk back in and I sit down.

"Mr. Evans".

I walk up to the doctor.

"We had to do surgery, the bullet didn't come out so it was still inside her. She's out of surgery though. But I don't think she'll be awake for a while. She lost a lot of blood".

"Thank you".

I walk back with him and we stop at her room. I open the door and I walk in.

She lays there and her skin is pale compared to the light tan I'm so used to seeing on her. I walk to the side of her bed and I grab her hand. I gently squeeze it.

The doctor didn't know when she'd wake up especially after all the trauma she's experienced.

I gently cup her cheek and I just wish I could hold her.

If it was her ex that did that, so help me. She doesn't deserve to have been treated like that and I had every intention to make her happy.

And possibly my wife and the mother of our children. But she laid here in this hospital bed.

I kissed her forehead.

"I'll be back later okay, sweetheart. Layla and Seb wanna see you I'm sure and your mom and possibly your dad."

I took one last look at her and left the room.

I sat back in the waiting room as Layla and Seb went back.

I went outside and curled up into a corner and just stared at the passing cars.