A Avengers Christmas Carol

Tony sat in his lab, it was almost Chirstmas, and the engineer didn't want to be around the Avengers on the holidays, not even his husband Stephen Strange. He worked on his suit and few other things, Strange walked into the lab with Peter, who was looking deathly ill.

"Tony, Steve made dinner." Strange said, Tony just worked on his stuff.

"I don't wanna be anywhere but here." He said. Peter looked at his dad, giving him a sad look, Peter sighed then left, Strange looked at his husband.

"Okay... fine..." Strange then left. Tony just sighed and shook his head.

It was getting late, Tony was asleep on his desk, the clock struck 12 and there was a small light, Tony looked up to see Natasha standing in front of him, she had chains on her wrists and her ankles, even on around her waist. Tony fell out of his chair seeing her.

"Anothy Edward Stark, tonight you'll be visited by three ghosts." She said walking to him. "If you do not listen to them tonight your after life will look much like mine!" She warned.

"What do you mean?" Tony asked, "Why do you look dead Nat? Please tell me what's going on!" He had small tears, Strange came next to her, he had a lot more chains. "No.."

"Bewear Stark! Your father was visited by the same ghosts! Be like him and you're gonna end up like him!" Strange said, then everything went quite. Tony looked around, maybe it was a dream? Maybe a prank by Clint? Or maybe it was real. Tony shook it off and went back to work.

The clock struck one and Tony was once again asleep. There was a soft giggle from down the hall, Tony looked up with tried eyes, he saw Steve, he put up some small things.

"Hello Tony." He said in a soft voice. Tony looked around hoping there was another Tony in the room.

"Steve, not you to." Tony said. "This joke has gone to far." Steve looked at Tony, his light blue eyes had a soft, warm glow. He wore a red, white, and blue robe.

"What Joke?" Steve asked. "I'm the Ghost from Christmas Past." He looked at The walls of the lab.

"Right... and I'm Howard Stark!" Steve grabbed Tony's hand and everything changed. Tony looked around, it was his old house, the house he grew up in, he saw his mom in the kitchen baking cookies with their butler Jarvis. A little Tony sat in the living room, in front of a big Christmas tree, thousands of presents sat under it.

"Momma, when will daddy be home?" The little Tony, he couldn't have been older then five. Mrs, Stark walked into the living room with a try of sugar cookies, Jarvis stood at the kitchen door.

"Soon Anothy. I promise, you'll get to open a gift tonight." She said her soft smile make the grown Tony cry a bit. Steve walked over to the kid Tony.

"This day seemed so nice... why was it the end of all?" Steve asked. Tony looked at the young Tony.

"My father came home drunk. He threw a glass bottle at me, my mom got hurt really badly..." Tony looked at Jarvis. "Jarvis hanged with me while my mom was with my dad... I was so scared..." Steve looked at Tony then the scenery changed. It was Peter's first Christmas. Strange help him on his lap.

"This is the Christmas you were kidnapped..." Steve said "all Peter wanted was his dad to be home." Tony held back his tears. Steve put a hand on his shoulder.

"I don't want to talk about this... why are you making me re-live this." Tony asked. Steve looked at him, everything went quite. Tony looked around and saw Steve staring out the window onto the Snowy New York skyline.