C.4

yoonhwa tapped the counter with her fingers and sighed. looking around the store that literally has no one inside. it was the end of the week and not a lot of people go to the store at that time.

she glanced to the clock hoping for the time to pass quickly. yoonhwa had a part-time job. she felt like she was burdening her brother so she wanted to earn some money.

the bell from the front door rang. yoonhwa's eyes flickered towards the direction and saw a guy with a black hoodie and a black mask. he was limping to one of the racks there.

"can i-" stopping herself from saying anything the guy came to the counter. he placed a bandaid down. the guy was eyeing her scanning her face as if he had seen her somewhere before.

the sound of glass shattering was heard after and her eyes widened when she saw a small round thing which she assumed a bomb was thrown inside.

"shit!" the guy pulled her hand going under the counter hoping for cover as chorus of gun shots then filled the place. yoonhwa screamed in fear both of her hands covering her ears.

the guy took the bomb and threw it out before it could explode. the explosion made the ground to shake violently.

yoonhwa slowly opened her eyes and she saw the guy groaned as he held his leg. her eyes caught the red liquid on his hands.

"oh my god! are you okay? you got shot"

"go away!" he muttered. yoonhwa bit her lower lip and she grabbed a handkerchief from her pocket and tying it around his leg where the wound was hoping for the blood to stop.

he groaned in pain when she accidentally tied it too hard. "i'm sorry" she squeaked.

"you shouldn't be here. run!" his voice was deep and demanding. "i can't just leave you here" she was scared- but she felt like he shouldn't be left alone.

"you're an idiot" he muttered. another gun shot was heard and her shoulders flinched. her hands trembling as she clutched her chest real tight.

both of them heard sound of footsteps inside the store and it was getting closer to where their position was. yoonhwa saw him taking out something from his back pocket. her eyes widened at the object in his hands.

"boss! you're okay?"

the guy lowered the gun. "i thought it was someone else. help me up, mark" yoonhwa just stared the new guy helping him standing up. "you're bleeding!"

"thanks for stating the obvious"

"what about her?" the guy with the black hoodie glanced at her with no hint of emotion in his eyes.

"bring her with us"

the guy who she assumed named as mark held her arm slowly pulling her upwards. "you're going to be okay" he said and gave her a warm smile before he lifted her up and began running to a black car parked behind the store's building.

"hey uh- is she doing okay?" an almost white haired guy asked from the driver's seat. the one with the hoodie glanced at her- she looked very frightened.

"yeah she's fine" he muttered monotone.

yoonhwa pushed herself further into the car's seats pulling the seatbelt closer to her as if her life's depending on it. her heart was beating faster than its normal pace.

a small scream left her lips when gun shots were heard coming from right beside her. her eyes getting watery. "speed up yuta!"

"i'm trying here!" yoonhwa saw him taking out something from his hoodie's pocket. it was white coloured- small round shaped thing. "get down!"

the window beside her were rolled down and he pressed a small button throwing it outside. "t-that was a b-bomb?" she stuttered as fear began to engulf her more.

"who are you guys?" she asked almost in a whisper.

"i don't think now is the great time to introduce ourselves" mark stated.

"we are not taking her to the headquarters!"

"haechan, she might be in danger!" yuta glared the hoodie guy named haechan.

▽▽▽

"w-where are we?" yoonhwa's eyes wandered around the big place. "don't worry uh-"

"it's yoonhwa" she mumbled. mark smiled and nodded his head. "don't worry you'll be safe here, yoonhwa"

"look i don't know what's happening here but.. i- i want to go home" she said trying so hard not to stutter.

"you're free to go then. someone like you shouldn't be here anyways" haechan turned to glare her his eyes darkened slightly.

shivers went up to her spine when he was walking towards her. "calm down, haechan. you shouldn't frightened her more. she's already shaken up" she looked where the voice was coming from.

a guy with silver hair walked down the staircase. "welcome to nct's headquarters" a tall guy appeared with some popcorns in his hands.

the name was oddly familiar. as if she heard it before. and something clicks. nct is one of the top gang in neo city- upon realizing it she began to recognise some of their faces who sometimes appeared in the television.

"i- uh i need to go" she stuttered.

"you're such a fool, you should've run when i told you to" haechan took a step towards her glaring down at her with his dark eyes.