C.12

haechan's eyebrows furrowed slightly as he read the profiles from the big white file that doyoung gave him. his eyes narrowing at one certain name. jung junho. then he read the description under the profile.

was believed to lead a secret mafia group called red sun. has been using exo for his own matter. used to be in one of the top gang ranks when they announced their existence. after the death of their leader the group banished leaving no traces behind.

haechan bit his lower lip furrowing his eyebrows a bit before he continued to read it.

jung junho died in the hands of the once famous assassin, nano. who is now believed had joined the gang named nct.

he closed the file leaning back on his seat squeezing his eyes shut trying to calm himself down. "there is no way this gang just banished" he mumbled to himself.

"there must be someone taking over this gang. changing it to a new name- why am i even reading this? these things have to be johnny's job" haechan groaned as he pulled his hair standing up harshly.

his eyes caught the long black box with golden ribbon tying around it. grabbing it he opened the lid but closed it once again when the door to his office was knocked three times.

"who is it?" his voice turned deeper. he walked towards the door. "yoonhwa-"

she took a step back her eyes widening a bit when he suddenly opened the door glaring down at her. "what?" he deadpanned.

"taeyong asked me to tell you that food's ready" yoonhwa said instantly regretting to be the one telling him. haechan cleared his throat walking out of his office and closing the door shut.

he ran his fingers through his soft brown hair. yoonhwa was right behind him walking down carefully. he abruptly stopped which she almost bumped against his back.

haechan turned around his lifeless eyes staring her. "don't fall. i don't want to be the one saving you" he muttered coldly. "i know that" she replied.

he started walking and she decided to be far away from him. "i thought you were about to make a scene the other day" she said. his mind then went to the day when he was about to kill someone at the cafeteria.

"then what? i don't see someone like you would cared if someone died in the hands of a mafia"

"what are you talking about? of course i cared- killing someone innocent is just.. wrong" he clenched his fists tight knuckles turning white. something came inside his mind. a certain memory.

"shut the fuck up, yoonhwa" he seethed out not looking back at her. "i said something right-"

"i told you to shut the fuck up!" he shouted making her shoulders to flinched at his sudden outburst.

"what's happening here? haechan? yoonhwa?" taeyong rushed out from the kitchen going towards haechan who was still glaring her. she frowned keeping the eye contact.

"nothing" haechan stated his voice dark and deeper than usual before walking pass taeyong.

▽▽▽

haechan was laying down on his bed his eyes staring blankly on the black ceiling. his mind went blank for a second. he then turned to his side hugging one of his pillow. his eyes flickered to a small picture on his side lamp table

it was the same picture as the main big portrait at the staircase. seeing the picture made him remembered the moment when they were taking that picture.

"yah donghyuck! put that bomb down!" someone shouted at him. when he turned to look at the person he instantly tuck his tongue out.

"i'm bringing this thing with me, haerin" he said while tossing a grenade to the air before catching it again repeating the same thing again and again.

"haechan, we're taking a picture here. i don't see chenle bringing his big crystal globe with him" a taller guy said and chuckled when the one he mentioned glared him.

"why does my name being brought up here?" chenle asked as he placed both of his hands on his hips glaring the taller one. haechan pouted his lips.

"aw come on lucas! why don't all of us bring some guns or something? it'll look awesome" haechan suggested as he wiggled his eyebrows at their leader, taeyong.

taeyong furrowed his eyebrows. "no" he stated.

"all right everyone into your places" johnny clapped his hands gaining all of their attention. it was a bit chaotic but they managed to arrange themselves.

"i swear if any of you say cheese i'm going to yeet myself out" they heard haechan said. "no cheese? tacos then" jungwoo said making the others to laugh.

a smile graced haechan's lips as the memory played in his mind. his eyes suddenly got watery. he quickly sat up slapping his own cheek. then he remembered what yoonhwa said to taeyong.

he kind of heard their conversation. that time taeyong was already walking away.

"you guys looked happy here"

haechan let out a humourless chuckle. "yeah probably"

 "yeah probably"