C.23

"hey i have vocal class later so you won't mind i go back early, don't you?" yuju asked her arm linked with hers. yoonhwa nodded her head and smiled.

"don't worry i'm fine" her best friend turned to face her with a pout. "i still blame myself. that must've hurt like shit"

"no no it's okay. just.. go- i know your vocal coach ain't that kind" yoonhwa pushed yuju's shoulder. the girl bid goodbye and began sprinting away.

"hey, yoonhwa!" her shoulders flinched when someone suddenly tapped her shoulder. hwiyoung stood in front of her with his usual smile.

"you're okay?" he asked again. he had been asking the same question after she got back from the infirmary. well most of her classmate did asked her but hwiyoung won't stop. he was worrying too much.

"yeah never better"

"are you sure you're okay, yoonhwa?" hwiyoung asked for the umpteenth time. she sighed and nodded her head giving him her small smile.

"you scared me. you shouldn't do that kind of thing again, you got it?" once again she nodded her head. "i'm fine, hwiyoung. i get it that you're worried but really- i'm okay"

"yoonhwa, can i ask you something?"

"what is it?"

"that guy- who.."

"yoonhwa!" a high pitched dolphin like voice rang through the hallways. she spun her heels around and saw an orange head running towards her.

"chenle?"

"who were you talking with?" he asked as soon as he stopped right in front of her. she glanced to where hwiyoung was standing earlier but he's gone.

there he goes again. disappearing just like that, she thought but shrugged it all off. "just a friend of mine"

"yoonie!" just then another guy ran towards her with worry written all over her face. "is my daughter okay?" jaemin held her shoulder scanning her face.

"daughter?" she choked. "oh no you have a bruise. there goes my pretty yoonie" he pouted. yoonhwa blinked her eyes.

someone pushed jaemin away. "you're giving her weird vibes you know that?" haechan muttered. he had both of his hands stuffed inside his pocket.

"dude, you almost murder someone" renjun said when he and jeno arrived at the small group. haechan scoffed. "should've killed him instead" he mumbled and went away.

"i don't really understand him" jisung said and yawned. "hurry up. she's probably waiting at the quarter already" he shrugged and nodded at yoonhwa before he followed the direction where haechan was going.

"she- oh right there's a girl in your place" yoonhwa mumbled to herself.

"gotta go, yoonhwa. someone just can't stand not being around his beloved one" jeno said and rolled his eyes. yoonhwa waved them goodbye after getting some worried speeches from jaemin.

chenle stayed for a moment. he turned to yoonhwa who was looking at him her eyebrows furrowing.

"yoonhwa" he started. she didn't expect him to sound so serious- she hummed in response. chenle seemed a but hesitant to tell her.

"i'm afraid something bad will happen to you. really bad"

▽▽▽

"

hyuck" she finally able to speak after almost ten minutes standing there looking like an idiot in haechan's room. he was busy checking some files but actually waiting for her to talk.

"what" he deadpanned. she gulped at his serious tone. "uh.. i-"

"yoonhwa" her shoulders jumped when he suddenly called her name. "y-yes?" her body immediately stood straight as if she was facing a commander in an army.

he tried not to laugh. "give me that white file" he stated. yoonhwa nodded her head and turned to walk towards where all the files were but stopped.

"hyuck, which one exactly? all of these were in white colour" she looked confused.

"that one" he pointed using the pen that he was holding. a frown instantly formed on her lips. "which. one" she sighed calming herself down.

"the one on the left side" he tilted his head to the side acting innocent.

"merlin's beard! there's like hundreds of files here, lee donghyuck!" he tried to surpress a laugh, a smirked appeared on his lips.

"it's zero" her eyebrows furrowed. "the file name" he continued.

she rolled her eyes and got the file. before she handed it to him she opened it. "who told you to open it?" he quickly snatched it from her hands.

"red sun? i thought that gang banished a year ago" his eyes darkened and he glared her. "you know that gang?"

"anyone who lived in neo city knew. is it true that the leader was killed by the famous assassin, nano?" he closed the file before his eyes met with hers.

"how much do you know?"

"not really. i just.. got interested in nano years ago- hyuck?" haechan was twirling the pen between his fingers. his mind working in a fast speed.

"why did you wanted to see me?"

"that.." she nearly forgot what her real motive to meet him was. what chenle said at school had been bothering her.

she made a thin line with her lips and shook her head. he eyed her suspiciously but couldn't care less. he had a lot of things to take care of anyways.

"i'm hungry" he muttered before standing up and ruffled his hair.

"you eat too much"

"well my smart brain need to consume food. i know you can't relate because you're an idiot, cupcake"

she gasped dramatically before rolling her eyes. "how dare you-"