C.85

"i'm back"

their eyes widened in shock, not believing what they're seeing right in front of their own eyes.
the one that they thought was dead. the one that they thought has left them.

is standing there- alive.

"lucas-?"

"it's been a year" he said tilting his head slightly to the side.

yoonhwa lifted her head up to see haechan. he had an unreadable look written all over his face. his shaking hands balled up into a fist his jaw clenched tight.

none of them moved. they don't even know how to react.

lucas knew this day would come and he had expected their reaction to be like that. his eyes landed on haerin, his best friend. rather than looking shocked- her eyes looked soulless than ever.

"lucas, you're alive? but.. how-" taeyong stopped himself as he doesn't know what to say.

"are you real? like- the real lucas? not some twin or something?" yangyang asked still not believing what they're seeing.

"yes i'm real"

"but like.. how? we even like- what about.. like the grave?" mark finally got the courage to ask, all of his words jumbled up in his mind.

"he's an alien?" renjun gasped and immediately covered his mouth. thank goodness no one heard him.

jisung turned to haerin who was quiet the whole time. worry flashed through his face as he reached her hand. she remained unmoving her eyes locked onto the tall guy that was standing a few metres in front of them.

"haerin" lucas' smile grew wider when he saw her. he admit that he had really missed her. jisung held her arm scared that she might do something.

someone went pass them going straight towards lucas. yoonhwa had a sudden bad feeling.
"wait hyuck-"
haechan took large steps towards the taller guy a frown plastered on his lips.

all of their eyes widened in shock when haechan suddenly lifted his fist before it went straight to lucas' jaw. lucas stumbled backwards for a bit his round eyes widening slightly.

"yeah this is real" haechan mumbled while rubbing his reddening knuckles.

"haechan?"

"is this somekind of a fucking joke? you fucking died that night! haerin was there! we went to your grave!" he suddenly snapped and their shoulders flinched. haechan's lips trembled as he felt a lot of emotions building inside him.

"this is not a movie or some shit about resurrection! you can't just fucking appear out of nowhere. after a year! it's been a year since that happened-" yoonhwa quickly ran towards him before wrapping her arms around his waist.

"hyuck that's enough" she said half-whispered.

taeyong stepped right beside him and held his shoulder. "haechan. you have to calm yourself down" he said not wanting haechan to do something more than just a punch.

haechan's head dropped down and he closed his eyes calming himself down. "i'm so sorry-"

"it's been a while since i got punched" lucas cutted him off as he rubbed his own hurting jaw. the side of his lips tugging upwards.

"i know this is shocking to all of you and i have lots to explain to you guys. and hyuck please don't be sorry, i deserved to get punched" he said.

"who do you think you are appearing just like that when all of us thought that you're.. dead?" all of their attention went to haerin who was holding her tears back from falling down.

"haerin i'm-" lucas pursed his lips when he saw her like that. his adam's apple bobbed.

"the doctor that time he.." jeno patted her shoulder as she took deep breaths.

"he didn't actually say i'm dead. and you didn't get to see my dead body, am i right?" lucas started as he slid his hands inside his pocket.

just then someone casually came out of their living room with an ipad in his hands. he lifted his eyes up to see all of them already looking at him confused and alerted.

hendery was about to get his guns out but lucas quickly shouted. "don't shoot!"

"who the heck is this guy?" ten asked as he scanned the unknown guy.  taeyong's eyebrows twitched slightly.

"ji hansol" he muttered and the guy's attention went to taeyong. hansol smirked and bowed his head to show respect to the leader.

"that's me" then his eyes turned to yoonhwa.
"hello yoonhwa" he smiled and gave her to little wave. haechan instantly grabbed her arm pulling her closer towards him.

"do i know you?" she asked quite confused. hansol shook his head. "no. but i do know you. well actually, i know all of you. and haerin, i assume you remembered me?"

"i don't-"the memory from a year ago came into her mind. when she was waiting for any news from the doctor when he was inside the surgery room. his face was similar to the doctor that did lucas' surgery that time.

"wait aren't you the doctor-!"

"but you don't look like one" jungwoo stated.

"he's a con-artist who specialises in surgeries. weird but yeah. he's also a hacker which none of you guys knew because he worked all by himself" lucas starting to explain.

"how do you even know him?" haechan asked his hands still holding yoonhwa's to keep her closer.
"it's actually a long story. we've met a lot of times before i joined this gang"

"you don't have to hold her close. it's not like i'm going to do something" hansol lifted his left eyebrow feeling quite amused with how protective haechan is. a frown was instantly formed on haechan's lips.

"i actually had a plan even before the ambush happened" lucas continued.

"wait a minute- you knew that we were going to get ambushed all along?"