C.22

"i knew this was going to happen" jeno said half-whispered. chenle's mouth was gape open that jisung had to close it.

"what the- dude you looked proud" renjun nudged jaemin's shoulder. jaemin shrugged and just watched the scene in awe.

the guy's body was thrown onto one of the tables causing the other students to get up and ran away. a nasty animalistic snarl left haechan's lips. he cracked his knuckle before he tackled him down punching him a lot of times on the face.

"what the fuck!" the man cussed.

yoonhwa watched in horror the violent scene in front of her. "yoonhwa, let's go to the infirmary" yuju said but she couldn't hear her properly. her vision blurred slightly that she had to blink a lot of times.

"is she okay? you should bring her to the infirmary" one of the student said. yuju nodded her head and shook yoonhwa's body. she won't budge- her eyes still on him.

"if you ever lay a single finger on her, or even dared to have the thought to touch her i won't hesitate to kill you" haechan muttered his tone filled with venom. his dark eyes glaring him.

haechan stood up patting the dusts away as if nothing happened. he turned to walk towards her but someone was already there helping her up slowly.

"yoonhwa, oh god are you okay?" she snapped back to reality. hwiyoung was kneeling in front of her his eyes filled with concern. "huh?"

hwiyoung scanned her face and sighed before he slowly helped her get up. "i- i can walk on my own" she said moving away from his grip but still staggered on her feet, swaying slightly.

he was about to catch her until someone pushed him away.

haechan's arm snaked around her waist to help her stand. his cold look softened when he see her. he didn't say anything, instead he helped her walk out of the place.

yoonhws pushed him lightly. "why?"

"why what?" he deadpanned. "why did you- your hand! it's bleeding" she took a hold of his right hand. his knuckles were red and there was a little wound.

"you should.. h-haechan?" she squeaked when he looked like he wanted to kill people. his jaw clenched tight and he pulled his hand away harshly.

"what did i told you about jumping into fights? what did i told you to stop worrying about other people?!" he snapped at her. she could even see his veins popping out.

"i'm s-sorry.."

he lifted his hand up and she immediately squeezed her eyes shut scared of what he would do to her. she winced when something touched the side of her lips.

haechan's eyebrows furrowing slightly as he used his thumb to wipe the blood away but not too hard.

"does it hurt that bad?" he asked worry laced in his tone. he cleared his throat before he put on a blank expression. yoonhwa shook her head slowly.

"stop" she lifted her head up to look at him- confusion strikes her. "stop being so reckless"

"stop making me worry about you" he mumbled. "huh?" his eyes widened slightly. he accidentally blurted that out.

"what did you say?" he stared her for a moment. she looked really confused. she must've not heard what he said. he mentally sighed and shook his head.

▽▽▽

"ow! that fucking hurts!"

"oh shut up! it's not like you're the one that got punched!"

"i saved you! yah!"

"why do i feel like you're not? and stop being a pussy!"

she wrapped the bandage around his hand before she gripped his hand real hard and he groaned. he pulled his hand away but her grip was strong causing her to get pulled as well. she gasped when her face was a few inch apart with his.

haechan's eyes widened. his heart started to beat faster than its normal pace. yoonhwa pursed her lips and looked away before she sat back down while clearing her throat.

both of them fell into a deep silence. none want to talk. she ran her fingers through her hair biting her lower lip still refusing eye contact with him. haechan's dark brown eyes locked onto her figure.

"can you just stop staring at me? it's uncomfortable" she muttered. haechan scoffed. "don't flatter yourself, why would i stare you?"

yoonhwa turned towards him giving him a side glare. the door to the infirmary bursts open revealing a panicked looking yuju.

"yoonhwa! are you- oh" she eyed haechan and continued: "did i interrupt something?"

"no"

"yes"

they answered at the same time. haechan shrugged ignoring her glares. yuju just went to her side avoiding the mafia leader.

"are you okay? i'm so sorry it's my fault that you got hurt"

"yeah it is" haechan lifted his left eyebrow. "no it's not, yuju. i'm fine" she smiled reassuringly and grabbed her hand giving it a squeeze.

"hwiyoung was worried that uh.." yuju glanced towards haechan and she leaned closer. "why was haechan suddenly being not haechan. you get what i mean?" she asked in a whisper tone.

her eyebrows furrowed. "no?"

"do you know that word has gone all over the school that haechan has.." yuju stopped not knowing if she should continue.

"what is it?"

"he.."