C.45

a year ago

"everyone watch out!" doyoung's voice was heard coming from the in-ear they were wearing. the whole nct unit were ambushing one of their rival gang's main quarter.

the ground shook violently when haechan threw a smoke grenade at one direction. since they had an advantage jisung and jeno started pulling the trigger on their guns.

as they expected the enemies were increasing but they still don't stand a chance against them. haechan saw that most of them were closing in on taeyong, their leader who was busy fighting off another person.

"taeyong behind you!" haechan lifted his gun up and shot the one that tried to hit taeyong. one of the wayv unit, hendery quickly sprint towards taeyong helping him.

haechan's eyes then wandered around the area. gun shot were everywhere. it was chaos. he needs to place all the bombs to destroy the headquarter. all the stunt were starting to drain him.

just then someone jumped down in front of him from the second floor balcony and released a gun shot somewhere right behind him. her black hair with blue tips bouncing slightly.

haechan was caught off guard. "don't lower your guard, donghyuck" she stated. "haerin" she patted his head before she pushed him away kicking someone who was coming their way on the abdomen.

"it's obvious that they're after taeyong" she muttered and continued. "the perks of being a leader in a gang"

"yangyang" another voice was heard coming from the in-ear, it was winwin. he and doyoung stayed at the headquarter. there was a long silence.

"yangyang do you see the leader anywhere?" now it was doyoung asking him. yangyang was their best sniper. he's in a different building.

"target acquired. permission to fire" he said. haechan didn't waste any time running at one side of the building placing a rather small bomb.

he build it himself, an explosives expert. it may be small but the explosive can cause a lot of damage than a normal bomb.

"wait. haechan's in danger!" johnny shouted. yangyang narrowed his eyes still focusing on the target- he stopped pulling the trigger after hearing johnny's voice.

haechan felt a presence from behind him. before he could turn around he felt like someone had hit the back of his head. he stumbled on the ground his vision getting blurry for a split second.

"fucking hell" he muttered rolling away and standing up glaring the guy. haechan cracked his knuckles tilting his head slightly with a smirk plastered on his lips.

"that hurts you know that?" the guy swung the metal bat at him but haechan dodged it swiftly throwing a punch right on the jaw. he twisted the guy's hand and the grip on the bat loosened.

haechan grabbed the bat and smashed it right on his head. "dude, he's scary" mark's voice was heard coming from the in-ear.

"taeyong. the target is running away" yangyang said. taeyong turned around to see a man trying to run away amidst the chaos.

"permission to fire" taeyong felt like there was a throbbing pain coming from his head and he tried to stabilise himself. his hand went to touch his head where someone had hit earlier and felt the warm liquid.

"oh shit- no!" haechan had to ran where his leader was standing. taeyong was getting hurt and someone tried to stab him while he's distracted.

"permission granted" taeyong muttered.

"taeyong!" haechan pulled his gun out shooting the guy's hand that was holding a sharp blade. the guy screamed in pain blood spurt out of the hole in his hand.

"oh my god that was disgusting" they heard another feminine voice. "oh shut up eunbi"  yuta stated.

"taeyong are you okay? you're hurt. fuck we need to get out!" haechan screamed as he help taeyong to stand. jaehyun arrived where they were and helped him to hold taeyong.

haechan glanced at the watch he was wearing. "evacuate the building in five"

"don't tell me you put fireworks on your bomb again" mark ran passed them shooting some people as they make their way out.

"we have to end this mission in a fabulous way" the younger guy said smirking.

▽▽▽

"what the fucking hell did you just said?"

"i want you to take over nct" taeyong said monotone as he turned around in the chair he was sitting on. it was already a week after that big mission and taeyong suddenly called him in his office.

"i don't-"

"i believe that you could be a great leader, haechan. trust me" haechan pursed his lips clenching his fists tight.

"are you testing me?" he seethed out feeling the bi amount of responsibility being placed down on his shoulder

taeyong smiled shaking his head left to right. "i am not testing you, hyuck. i know you'll do great either way"

"then why-"

"if you want to leave this gang life then prove me something. lead this gang" taeyong played with the pen in his hand twirling it around.

he then looked back at haechan. "the gang red sun is still somewhere hiding. everyone want revenge for what they did to lucas-"

"do not mention his name please" haechan cutted him off glaring him slightly. anger building inside him.

"i know that you want to leave this gang life really bad"

haechan closed his eyes calming himself down but only to remember that night when lucas died.

"alright"