C.58

the stray of light that went through the curtains shone down on both of them. it was already 10.30 a.m and none of them had woken up yet.

haechan groaned before he turned around falling back to sleep. yoonhwa snuggled closer to his chest feeling the warmth of his body. somehow they were squashed together on the king sized bed. haechan's arms snaked around her waist pulling her closer.

the door to the room were pushed opened and a hyper looking yuta entered the room.
"yo! johnny said--" he immediately pursed his lips his right hand subconsciously covered his mouth.

haechan's chin rested on top of her head. mark saw her arm wrapping haechan's waist her head in his chest. they were really close to each other.

yuta's side lips tugged upwards and he shook his head wanting to leave them alone. but he abruptly stopped on his tracks and started walking towards the bed while taking out his phone.

he took a few picture and glanced shortly at the two sleeping figure. "lovebirds" he muttered before walking out of the room shutting the door close.

haechan stirred in his sleep and he slowly opened his eyes squinting slightly. he was about to sit up until he felt something on his waist. his gaze lowered and saw yoonhwa still sleeping peacefully.

a small smile graced his lips as he slowly removed her arm so he could sit properly. he tilted his head to the side staring her sleeping face. when she started to move he was getting panicked all of the sudden.

he felt something holding his hand- his heart starting to beat faster. he cleared his throat before intertwining their fingers together.

haechan actually saw something in her right arm and narrowed his eyes at it before he slowly pulled the sleeves of her shirt. he could feel his heart dropped when he saw the long scar on her right arm. it was fading so he assumed she got it a long time ago.

yoonhwa's forehead had a slight crease and her eyes fluttered open. "good morning" haechan said as she got up while rubbing her eyes.

she hummed nodding her head a bit before realising that he was sitting on the bed next to her. "what are you doing here?"

"this is my room" he replied and chuckled when she looked a bit confused.

her eyes then caught the sight of their connected hands. she immediately pulled her hand away while looking at him wide eyed.

"w-why.. are you holding my hand?" she accidentally stuttered and haechan find it kind of cute. he crossed both of his arms over his chest his eyebrow raised.

"what- you're the one who held my hand first"

"well you should've let go"

"but i don't want to" she instantly looked away grabbing her pillow- hugging it to cover her face. haechan stared her quite amused but the smile dropped when he remembered what he saw.

"yoonhwa" he started. "can i ask you something?" she slowly lifted her head up to look at him her eyebrows furrowing slightly.

"yeah?"

he bit his lower lip debating with himself whether he should ask her or not. yoonhwa blinked her eyes waiting patiently for his question.

"where did you get that scar?" she tilted her head not understanding what he had meant at first then the thought of the night where she got the long scar on her right arm came across her mind.

"that.. i-" her voice seemed to stuck down her throat- her lips trembling. she dropped her head down hugging the pillow tightly. haechan saw the look in her eyes.

fear

yoonhwa's body began to shook and she squeezed her eyes shut. a certain memory came into her head.

"you piece of shit! i don't even know why i took you in!" the man said and groaned as he swayed left to right. the glass bottle - what she assumed as beer- was in his right hand.

he pointed the thing to her. she fell back and tried to move away but her back hit the wall. fear written all over her face as the man suddenly chuckled.

"i'm glad you're here. i get to release all my anger- on you" he laughed manically, raised his hand and swung the glass to her body.

she covered her ears as the man's voice kept on ringing inside her head. she thought she wouldn't be scared if she suddebly remembered that night since it had been years.

haechan felt guilty- he shouldn't have asked that question. he moved closer towards yoonhwa and was about to touch her shoulder but she moved away.

"d-don't touch me!" she said her voice sounded hurt. it was painful for him to see her like that.

"please.. go away"

"yoonhwa it's me-" she still wouldn't listen.

"look at me!" he grabbed her shoulder shaking it. yoonhwa's brown orbs met his and it took some time for her to realise that the person really is haechan.

"hyuck-"

"hey i'm here you don't have to be scared" he wrapped his arms around her small frame pulling her into a tight hug. she bit her lower lip before hugging him back.

"i'm sorry i shouldn't have asked that" he mumbled. "no it's okay.."

she broke the hug and looked down refusing to make eye contact with him.

"it was hwiyoung's father.." she trailed off before continuing "i-i actually saw him at the convenience store last night" she mumbled quietly but he still could hear her.

his eyes turned darker his face turned dead serious.

"what"