C.27

"how longer does that bast-"

"haechan! language" jaemin narrowed his eyes at him. haechan glared him before his eyes flickered back to her figure who was with her best friend and the guy, hwiyoung.

"man that guy keep on trying to get close to her" haechan grumbled and he stabbed his food with the fork in his hand. "i don't see anything wrong with it though" said renjun, his eyebrows furrowing slightly.

"didn't she apologised to him earlier?" jeno asked and jaemin hummed in response. "it's not necessary. but she must've felt guilty. my poor yoonhwa" jaemin pouted and renjun grimaced.

"what the hell-" haechan was about to stand up when he saw hwiyoung slung his arm over yoonhwa's shoulder but jisung stopped him by pulling his arm.

"dude calm down! you're going to make a scene" jisung said half-whispered. the sleepy chenle beside him just nodded his head agreeing with his best friend.

"take your hands off of me" haechan muttered his voice sounding deeper than usual. jisung retracted his hand and he felt his neck hair stood when haechan was releasing his deadly aura.

"you're okay, haechan? you look angrier than usual" renjun worriedly asked.

"you know if you're jealous just get yoonhwa here already" jaemin said and smiled when he saw her. haechan scoffed and let out a humourless chuckle.

"just what the fuck are you talking about?" he asked, the side of his lips tugging upwards in a creepy smirk. he actually looked like he could snap someone's neck with a blink of an eye.

yuju kicked yoonhwa's leg to gain her attention. she groaned and lifted her left eyebrow at her best friend. hwiyoung also raised his head.

"what is it?"

"i don't know. a girl is coming to the direction of our table" she said pointing somewhere and shove the food inside her mouth. yoonhwa turned to look where she was pointing at.

"um.. hello" she looked younger than them, probably a junior. she had straight black hair that landed on her back. the girl bowed her head smiling at each of them before she faced yoonhwa.

"hello?"

"yoonhwa sunbae right?" she asked her eyes getting bigger when yoonhwa nodded her head. "um.. sunbae can you help me with something?"

yoonhwa glanced at yuju and hwiyoung who looked unbothered. "i'll help you if i can. what is it?"

the girl took something out from her school's blazer. it looked like a letter. "w-well.. can you please give this to jaemin sunbae?" she felt like laughing when the girl called jaemin sunbae.

yuju snorted and she pointed the letter with the spoon in her hand. her eyebrows raised. "man you're really something. do you think someone like jaemin would actually accept that? and who used letters these days anyways- ow!" yoonhwa kicked her leg real hard to shut her up.

"do you want me to give him.. now?" yoonhwa asked as she tilted her head slightly. the girl looks flustered but she nodded her head.

"well.. i-"

"wow you're a try hard, girl" yuju stated but her leg got kicked by yoonhwa once again.

"y-yoonhwa sunbae. if you can't give it to him then it's okay i understand. but- you looked like you were close with them" yoonhwa sighed and took the letter from her hands.

"i'll give it to him" yoonhwa got up and started walking towards their table that was quit secluded from the others. she bowed her head and smiled at them.

"jaemin-"

"yoonhwa! i'm glad you're here" jaemin flashed her his signature smile.

"okay? anyways. there's someone wanted me to give this to you" she said giving the thing to jaemin. her eyes flickered to haechan.

he had both of his eyes closed, arms crossed over his chest. he looked really pissed off.

"haechan are you okay-"

"go away" he cutted her off. she made a thin line with her lips and managed a small smile for the others. "w-well then. i'll go back to my table" she muttered slowly.

"yeah go back to your lovely 'boy friend'. i bet he's already waiting for you there" she heard haechan said. yoonhwa was a bit confused.

"i'm sorry, what did you say?"

"are you deaf? or do you want me to say that word loudly?" haechan shot his eyes at her and she flinched at his glare. he seemed colder. it's like the first time they talked to each other.

"what is wrong with you?" yoonhwa asked her voice came out quite shaky. renjun was already shaking his head as he was expecting these to happen. chenle blinked his eyes the sleepiness drifting away.

"nothing is wrong with me. it's just that your presence made me sick. just fucking go away already i don't want to see you." haechan's jaw clenched tight and he squeezed his eyes shot trying to calm himself down.

his fingers twitched to cause harm. the desire to kill someone building inside him as the image of her laughing around with hwiyoung came into his mind. he don't even know why he's being like that.

yoonhwa froze, his words felt like it was stabbing her.

"did i disappoint you in any way?" she asked hurt laced in her tone. haechan's dark eyes met with hers- frown etched on his lips.

"no"

"then why are you acting like this?"

he didn't give her any answer. instead, he stood up from his seat and walked away with his hands stuffed inside his pocket. yoonhwa bit her lower lip.

"yoonhwa don't mind him-" jaemin pursed his lips when she cutted him off with a small smile.

"it's okay"