C.87

"okay hold up! my poor brain can't take all of these information at once" jisung said his right hand holding his head as his eyebrows furrowed.

"why didn't you.. just appear sooner? where were you" haerin asked. lucas was quiet all of the sudden.

"lucas?"

"i was with you guys the whole time" haechan was bewildered when he said that. his left eyebrow raised.

"haechan do you remember baekhyun giving you the list of all red sun's bases? i was the one who told him to give you the list when you guys were going to the bubble tea shop"

"what-"

"i was trying to figure out how red sun haven't banished yet since.. well the leader was already dead. a group that was working under red sun called sf9 eventually continued the plan to destroy nct"

"which they failed miserably" chenle mumbled lucas' side lips tugged upwards and he nodded his head.

"and yoonhwa" his gaze went to the girl beside haechan who was already looking back at him. "thank god you're alive"

"if you remember i made a call telling you to be careful" hansol said and her eyes widened slightly. "it was you? but you sounded different"

"oh- i changed my voice deeper just for fun" he chuckled.

"that was quite stupid to be honest. no wonder you thought it came from one of the red sun's members" lucas said and he shot a glare towards the guy.

"it was really you. you were the one who saved me--"

"yeah. i was nearby the river that time. my original plan was to see you guys finishing the gang red sun but hansol told me that you got pushed into the river. i was about to call the ambulance though.. but i saw wayv's car"

"and you dropped this" winwin said showing lucas the silver necklace. "wait you got my necklace? i thought i lost it"

"it was near the river but no one noticed. jaehyun was the first one that i told about the necklace" winwin glanced over the other guy.

"both of you guys knew that lucas is alive? all this time?" taeil asked.

"no. it wasn't confirmed yet that time. and it was quite impossible" jaehyun replied before returning his attention to lucas.

"so you've been helping us this whole time?" lucas nodded his head and smiled.

haerin opened her mouth before closing it back. she bit her lower lip before running towards the taller guy wrapping her arms around him. lucas stumbled backwards with the sudden force.

"i missed you, idiot" she mumbled. "i missed you guys too" he said and ruffled her hair.

"it's hugging time!" jaemin shouted with a wide smile spread across his face before he ran to hug the two. jungwoo quickly followed him with a pout on his lips.

johnny sighed dramatically. "i wasn't planning on hugging someone though" he said but still walked towards the group.

"so we're just going to have a massive group hug?" haechan asked as he crossed both of his arms over his chest. "i'm not letting any of you touch yoon-"

before he could even finish what he wanted to say jaemin was already pulling yoonhwa's arm. jaemin shrugged his shoulder when haechan shot him a glare.

"lucas i'm sorry that i punched you" haechan mumbled.

"it's a way to say welcome back" xiaojun said.
"he deserved it" haerin pushed herself away from the guy.

"okay rather than having a group hug let's just punch him" hendery suggested with his usual grin.

hansol had a lopsided smile and he shook his head seeing how all of the members were having fun with each other. lucas had a terrified look when hendery said that they were going to punch him.

hansol started walking towards the main entrance but a voice stopped him.

"where are you going?" lucas asked both of his eyebrows raised. "why don't you just join our gang?" taeyong said.

hansol let out a soft chuckle shaking his head left to right. "i work by myself. there's no need for me to join you guys- besides.." he glanced to each of their faces.

"you guys are already a perfect family"