C.10

yoonhwa stared the big portrait hanging on the wall at the staircase. she don't know why but something about the picture attracts her.

she recognised jaemin there, the one who helped her with the books days ago. she began to wonder where did all of them go.

"yoonhwa? what are you doing here in the middle of the night?" she quickly turned to the voice and saw taeyong walking down the stairs towards her.

a yawn escaping his lips as he ran his fingers through his hair. he noticed what she was staring at.

"i just needed some water"

"and you're here staring at the portrait?" he chuckled when she instantly shook her head biting her lower lip. "relax it's not like you did something wrong" taeyong stood beside her patting her head.

"can i ask something?" he raised his eyebrows wanting her to continue with the question.

she was a bit hesitant. "where's the other member? i don't see any of them here? or are they hiding somewhere in this building?"

an amused smile was formed on his lips. "you're really curious aren't you, yoonhwa?" taeyong looked back at the portrait.

"we have different units, nct 127 which is all of us are here in the main headquarters. then there's wayv. they're in china right now. nct dream is where the youngest unit is, though they had their own quarter  they're still here in seoul" he smiled but to yoonhwa he looked somewhat sad.

"how about the two girls? i never saw them before?"

"one of them is with the dreamies and the other with the wayv" taeyong began walking away. "you guys looked happy here" she stated.

"i guess we were"

"she have unique eyes" he stopped- glancing back and at the portrait before he left with a small smile on his lips.

"what are you doing here at this hour?" someone gripped her wrist which made her to pull her hand away in reflex. "what--"

"you could've fallen downstairs" he stated his face holds that usual blank expression.

"why do you always appear out of nowhere?" yoonhwa's eyebrows slit as she raised her head because of the height difference.

"you know i just realised how short you are" he snickered. "is that an insult?"

"probably. since you're here might as well make me some coffee" he said voice full of void.

"i'm not your maid"

"you should do as what i ordered you. be happy i asked nicely" she followed him from behind going towards the kitchen. she mentally cursed him.

"nice? you're very far from nice, haechan" she suddenly snapped. a dry chuckle came out of his lips as he turned around painfully slowly glaring her down with that dark eyes of his.

"you have a point there, princess" she took a step backwards only for him to advance more towards her. "i'm mean, ruthless, cold-hearted" her back ended up leaning against the wall.

"just like what the others always talk about me" he punched the wall beside her head. her shoulder flinched slightly.

"w-why.."

"think whatever you want to think, yoonhwa. i don't care about your opinion" he leaned closer and whispered to her ear which sent shivers up to her spine.

"you're right.. someone like you wouldn't care what other people think" she muttered and he stepped away frowning.

a sudden pain came from her chest made her to fall down. her right hand clutched where it was throbbing as she began to have difficulties in breathing.

"yoonhwa? yoonhwa! oh god.." she immediately recognised the voice as jaehyun's. he pushed haechan away from her before kneeling down on one knee in front of her holding her shoulder.

"what did you do, haechan?!"

"wha-- i didn't do anything!" jaehyun gave him a slight glare before he turned to look back at his sister.

"sis.. did you take your medicine yet?" jaehyun asked tilting his head so he can see her clearly. yoonhwa shook her head as the pain worsened.

"come on.. i'll bring you to your room" jaehyun lifted her up carefully not wanting to hurt her anywhere.

haechan clicked his tongue as he stared jaehyun's back until it was not in sight.

"i know you're here, taeyong" haechan turned around and saw the older guy sitting with a mug in his hand. taeyong chuckled his left eyebrow raised.

"you don't have to tell her about the others"

"she's curious. it's best if she knows" he said calmly. haechan scoffed rolling his eyes going towards the counter to make some coffee.

"i don't understand why i asked mark to bring her here. this is stupid" he mumbled but taeyong heard it.

"it's a great thing to do to be honest. jaehyun's sister could've died"

"she's not my concern-"

"well she is now. everyone in nct is everyone's responsibility to take care of each other. i hope you understand that, donghyuck" haechan knew that taeyong's being serious since he said his real name.

"she's not one of us! she'll be back to her normal life soon enough"

"and may i ask you when is that?"

haechan's eyebrows twitched a deep sigh left his lips. "i don't know"

 "i don't know"