C.20

"yoonhwa!" she flinched when someone suddenly tapped her shoulder. she spun her heels around to see the new student smiling at her.

he still looks the same, just more matured and his brown hair was a little longer. she lifted her head up because of the height difference.

"you're yoonhwa right?" he asked. his smile was just like the one when they were little. she wanted to smile back- but the memories of her past were haunting her.

"yeah the last time i checked" she finally replied. yoonhwa pulled her bag's strap closer to her gripping it tightly.

"you've changed. you look prettier" hwiyoung tilted his head. yoonhwa's side lips tugged upwards. "yeah you looked different too"

"i've been.. wondering, since the night that you- you know. how have you been?"

"i'm fine"

"glad that you're okay. i'm sorry.. that i can't help you" he looked sad but still managed a smile.

"hwiyoung.. i would love to talk with you but i really need to go" she said glancing at the big clock in her class. yoonhwa bowed her head before she went out.

when she turn around the corner of her class she bumped into someone. her right hand went to her nose rubbing it. "hyuck!"

"hey cupcake" he smirked- his usual cockiness. yoonhwa rolled her eyes. "seems like our little yoonhwa here met her long lost friend" she shot her head to the side glaring him slightly.

"you were eavesdropping!"

"no one told me i can't" he shrugged looking unbothered and started walking. she had to jog to keep up the pace with him. haechan was becoming oddly quiet. she tilted her head eyebrows furrowing.

"hyuck? what's wrong-"

"yoonhwa" he abruptly stop and slid his hands inside his pocket before he turned to face her. she blinked her eyes confused when he had an expressionless look on.

"yeah?" her breath hitched when he took a step closer towards her. his eyes trailed around her face before smirking.

"you're ugly"

"wha- yah! do you think you're so handsome?"

"of course i am" he stated with pride. yoonhwa grimaced and rolled her eyes.

"roll your eyes again- it'll stuck at the back of your head"

"won't that be great? i won't have to see you!" a soft laugh escaped his lips. yoonhwa froze on her spot. it was her first time hearing him laugh- not just a mocking chuckle.

"if that happen you'd be longing to see me, cupcake" haechan smirked. her eyebrows twitched in annoyance.

"not gonna happen"

"yeah whatever, cupcake. you just don't want to admit it, don't you?"

"go away, hyuck!"

▽▽▽

"what about you, yoonhwa? what do you think?" all attention went to her when taeyong asked that. the meat that she was about to eat stopped midway.

"what- what about me?"

"don't you want to stay at the place where someone's close at your age?" her eyes went to johnny and then to her brother that was sitting across her.

"where?"

"the dreamies of course!" said mark, as he feed a giant orange with black stripes animal beside him. she gulped seeing the tiger and winced when the tiger opened its mouth.

"jaemin's there. he's your friend right?" yoonhwa nodded at her brother's question.

"jaemin-" haechan stopped eating and he turned to yoonhwa. "no! you're not going to stay with them!" he clenched his fist his thumb pushing the fork that it was almost bent.

"uh.. okay?" yoonhwa's eyebrows furrowed but she tried to ignore the fact that he looked like he wanted to stab someone.

"i'll be fine. besides my brother's here too" she said and smiled. "jaehyun you have a really cute sister" jungwoo said with his soft voice.

"are you sure, yoonie?" jaehyun asked his face holds a concerned look.

"yeah. i have hyuck- that stupid annoying brat's my friend" she answered innocently without even glancing at him

haechan choked and he punched his chest waving at taeil to give him water. "what the hell!" yoonhwa ignored his glares. she turned to him and smiled.

haechan pursed his lips. crossed both of his arms over his chest and leaned back on the chair.

yoonhwa was stepping carefully up the stairs wanting to go to her room. once again she walked passed the big portrait and stopped.

"yoonhwa? what's wrong?" a familiar voice said. "brother" jaehyun smiled as he ran his fingers through his hair going up towards his sister.

"you're not going to sleep?" he patted her head softly just like what he always did to her. "it's still early"

"then do you want to go to my room?" her lips formed a big smile. "can i?" she asked her eyes widening.

jaehyun laughed and nodded his head. "of course! you're my lovely little sister" he held her hand and both of them went to his room. yoonhwa swung their connected arms like a kid.

"yoonhwa, do you have something going on with donghyuck?" jaehyun asked as soon as he closed the door to his bedroom.

"no" she replied simply. her brother eyed her suspiciously but believed her either way. "why?"

"it's just-"

"just?"

"no.. nothing. go to sleep" he placed another pillow next to his. "i'll sing for you"

she pouted. "i'm not a kid" he laughed and shook his head ruffling her hair to make it messy.

"but you're still my beloved little sister"