C.33

"hyuck?" she heard nothing coming from inside the room. yoonhwa paced in front of the door biting her lower lip. she stopped after she made a decision with herself.

her hand went to twist the golden knob and surprisingly the door opened. "he didn't lock it?" she murmured to herself.

yoonhwa went inside the dim lit room her eyes wandered around the area searching for him. she closed the door behind her and started walking slowly. anxiety building up inside her.

what if he hurt himself?

she saw a figure sitting on the floor right beside the king sized bed. a dark coloured blanket covering the person's back. a sigh of relief left her lips. yoonhwa was a bit hesitant but she still advanced towards him.

there, she saw him. he was hugging his knees that were up against his chest. his head dropped down. haechan's brown hair was messy it was sticking out everywhere. she kneeled down beside him tilting her head a bit so she could have a better view of his face.

his eyes was blank. soulless than ever. he looked tired. there were eye bags and he lost so much weight.she squinted her eyes and saw his stained cheeks. her eyes widened. he cried.

"donghyuck" there was no respond coming from him and he didn't even budge from his spot. "hyuck.." she tried once again.

haechan turned to look at her slowly his arms still wrapped around his legs. "go away, yoonhwa" his voice was hoarse and deeper. his grip tightening.

"hyuck why are you doing this to yourself-"

"i don't need your help. just go away" he stated his voice sounded weak. yoonhwa pursed her lips. he had always been cold towards her. but this type of haechan seemed more.. vulnerable.

yoonhwa didn't move. for some reason, she don't want to leave him alone.

"if this is about jaehyun you don't have to worry. he's fine. just like what you said he'll live" she started her eyes not wavering from his gaze.

"jaehyun almost died because of me, yoonhwa! you should hate me. like you always do" he muttered before he pulled the blanket from his back to cover his head so she couldn't see him.

"now leave me alone.."

the room gone silent as yoonhwa haven't said anything yet. she was carefully watching him and it somehow broke her heart seeing him like that.

"why are you hiding yourself? it's not like i'm going to laugh at you or something" yoonhwa reached for the blanket and pulling it away. his hand immediately grabbing it.

"i don't want you to see me like this" he muttered a frown appearing on his lips. "can't you understand? i don't want to see anyone right now. is it that hard to leave?"

"hyuck.." her gaze softened slightly. "i won't leave no matter how many times you told me to"

haechan felt warmth when she wrapped her hands around him. he could smell her usual vanilla scent. he missed it. "i don't care" she mumbled and sighed.

"i don't hate you, hyuck. i never did. i mean yes you're stupidly annoying, but i never hated you"

"why? you should be. if i take the shot then your precious brother wouldn't get hurt. i'm the one who deserved to get shot" he pushed her away his bloodshed eyes meeting hers.

yoonhwa shook her head. "no one deserved to get shot, hyuck even you. we can't change things that already happened. this is no one's fault. it's not your fault either"

she was a bit hesitant at first but she lifted her hand and went to grab his. haechan's eyes flickered to their hands and back to her. she was beginning to think if he hated it- well she tried to comfort him.

yoonhwa sighed and retracted her arm away from him but before she could stand up haechan pulled her towards him- her body crashing onto him. a small gasp escaped her lips.

his arms wrapped around her waist pulling her closer. he hid his face in her neck breathing her vanilla scent giving him a sense of comfort. his lips trembling before he spoke those two words that was always foreign for him.

"i'm sorry.."

yoonhwa's eyes widened slightly. "i've acted like a dickhead around you. i'm so stupid i know." he mumbled hurt laced in his tone. he sighed. "i'm-"

she quickly cutted him off. "it's okay hyuck" the side of her lips tugged upwards. she rubbed circles on his back to calm him down. "it's fine"

"i don't want to hurt you. you're innocent, yoonhwa. this gang life isn't for someone like you" his forehead rested on her shoulder.

"i don't know what's happening to me. even the thought of seeing you getting hurt are infuriating me" she could feel her heart starting to beat faster than its normal pace.

"hyuck-"

"don't move" he stated tightening the grip around her. "i want to stay like this- for a moment"

 "i want to stay like this- for a moment"