C.46

yoonhwa just waited for seokjin's instructions. she's sitting on her bed playing with her fingers. after haechan left her brother came with the doctor.

"don't worry, yoonhwa. seokjin's the best doctor in seoul you just have to faith in him" jaehyun spoke patting her head smiling down at her.

"of course i do" she stated looking away from him. "anything could happen, you know" she murmured mostly to herself.

"yoonhwa" she had to look back at him when jaehyun said her name. "you do know that i cared about you the most" he said. she sighed nodding her head slowly.

"don't you dare make me cry again" she muttered. jaehyun laughed before he pulled her into a hug. his warmth emitting all over her body.

the doctor, seokjin came inside with a solemn look written all over his face. he managed to smile at her. "it's time, yoonhwa. i know you're scared but i need you to trust me" he said softly trying to reassure her.

"whatever happens we'll save you. i watched you grow up and i know you're a strong girl. so don't worry too much"

she felt like she's about to greet death. no she needs to live. she can't leave her brother.

"idiot. it will go well i'm sure. and after you're done i promise you i'll be the first person you see"

"i'll be waiting for you"

haechan's voice suddenly rang in her head and it kept on repeating the same words all over again. after her first encounter with him at the store where she used to work everything was starting to change.

it was painful knowing that her own brother was in a gang. not to mention it was nct. people may say that they're dangerous. killing people as if they were nothing but trash.

as she stayed with them she realised that they're not as bad as they say. actually they're much better people that the ones who's not even in a gang.

"wait what about my watermelons?" mark standing up from his seat. "dude i bought a lot last week!" yuta patted his shoulder pulling him to sit back down.

"how come you have the time to think about watermelons?" jungwoo asked his eyebrows furrowing a bit.

a small smile appeared on her lips when she remembered it. they can be such an idiot sometimes. some people judge them through their appearances not knowing what they really are.

"yoonhwa. are you ready?" seokjin's voice snapped her out of her train of thoughts. she turned her attention to the doctor that was standing beside jaehyun. glancing at her brother shortly and gave him a sincere smile.

"yeah"

▽▽▽

"how's yoonhwa? is the surgery still going on?" doyoung was the first one to come. they were rushing to the hospital after jaehyun called.

"i brought some watermelons for her if it goes well" mark pushed doyoung aside so he could go inside since the guy was blocking the way. "it will go well"

"my yoonhwa! is she okay?" jaemin ran inside looking around the room. "how come he's here?" yuta asked furrowing his eyebrows at the certain dream member.

"the others had some things to do so i brought chenle with me" jaemin stated sighing dramatically.

"actually he doesn't want to join with the mission that we're having so he dragged me here" chenle said going inside the room with jungwoo and johnny behind him.

"shush! chenle, you're supposed to be on my side" jaemin said. "why are we talking about sides?"

the side of jaehyun's lips tugged upwards. seeing most of their members here calmed him down a bit. he was actually getting anxious by the minute after yoonhwa went with seokjin.

he felt someone held his shoulder giving him a light squeeze. it was their oldest member, taeil. "she'll be fine" he stated.

"i was wondering. since when did you turned yourself into a tomato, taeil?" mark asked when he saw his orange hair that was sticking out from the cap he was wearing.

"you were with me the whole time and you didn't notice?" taeil crossed both of his arms over his chest frowning a bit. mark's mouth gape open and he looked up as if he was thinking something.

"no?"

taeyong had a plastic bag in his hand when he came inside with haechan tailing from behind. "what's that?" jungwoo sat straight trying to peek at the bag taeyong was holding.

"just some drinks. how long has it been since yoonhwa went with that doctor?" taeyong turned to jaehyun who was looking really anxious.

"it's already half an hour"

"everything will be alright, jaehyun" johnny spoke quite worry about his friend. haechan just went to the side of the room leaning on the wall his mind went blank as he stared into nothingness.

no matter how many times he reassured himself the anxiety kept on building inside him.

▽▽▽

the situation in the operation room is under control for the time being. it was their job to help their patients.

"we have to do this efficiently. i promised her brother that she'll be fine" seokjin said as his hands doing its job. he knew what to do. he did a lot of surgeries before.

but he don't know why he's getting very nervous as if something bad will happen. "no i can't let her die" he muttered.

"she's losing too much blood!"

"doctor! we're losing her!"