C.30

me: literally dying from laughing too much after seeing your reaction-

i'm so mean😂😂

"yoonhwa get down!" she immediately covered her head when another part of the headquarter exploded

"yoonhwa get down!" she immediately covered her head when another part of the headquarter exploded. the building shook violently. she saw the ceiling cracked.

doyoung pulled her arm after he got a gun before the ceiling fall down almost crushing them both. dusts filled the air and she closed her eyes. "d-doyoung?"

"don't worry, yoonhwa. we'll get out of here" she heard doyoung said and her arm was pulled once again. she had to keep up with the pace as doyoung was running very fast and her body couldn't keep up.

"we'll get out from the other way" she followed doyoung as they entered a secret passageway and kept on running until they were finally outside. a black ferrari was parked outside. they ran inside.

yoonhwa watched doyoung who looked very anxious. he was scared for some reason. they got away eventually. it happened with a blink of an eye- the place where she used to stay were destroyed. she was glad actually that doyoung stopped her from opening the door earlier.

"doyoung what's going on?" she asked. doyoung tapped the steering wheel and the car they were in got faster. he touched the in-ear that he was wearing hoping to connect with one of the members.

"hey, you guys okay?" he heard yuta's voice from the other line. he was panting heavily. "how's yoonhwa?" he continued. doyoung nodded but remembered that they can't see him.

"yeah. what's happening there? you guys are safe, right?" yoonhwa was hearing to doyoung's conversation with the other member who she didn't know who. though she didn't hear what they say.

her stomach turned, the bad feeling grew inside of her.

"jaehyun?" when the name came out of doyoung's mouth she shot her head towards him. "w-what's with jaehyun?" her breath came out shaky.

doyoung glanced at her worriedly before he gave the in-ear to her. yoonhwa's lips was trembling and her hand shook as she placed the in-ear. "h-hello?"

"yoonhwa!" it was mark's voice but he didn't sound as energetic as he used to be. "you're okay over there?" she gulped and slowly said yes.

"my brother. is jaehyun okay? where is he why can't i hear him?" there was a long silence from the other line and she waited anxiously. "mark"

"jaehyun.. will be fine-" she almost heard him stutter. yoonhwa squeezed her eyes shut before reopening it. "is my brother okay?" she repeated the question.

"he got shot when he tried to save haechan"

her world felt like it was falling apart. the time felt much slower than before as the words came from mark repeated in her mind. her eyes welled up in tears her head dropped down.

"we're bringing him to the hospital. he'll survive, yoonhwa don't worry. let doyoung bring you to safety first"

she turned to doyoung. "i want to see my brother"

"yoonhwa. i need to make sure you're safe-" doyoung was a bit taken aback when she interrupted him and raised her voice.

"i don't care! i just want to see my brother.. please. he's the only one i've got"

▽▽▽

"how's jaehyun?!" doyoung asked running towards them who were waiting outside of the surgery room. yoonhwa following him close behind.

"he's still inside" taeil was the one answered. everyone was on edge and yoonhwa felt like this had happened before. some of them had bruises on their faces.

yoonhwa bit her lower lip. she crumbled down letting the tears that she was holding streamed down her cheek.

"hey.. he's going to be okay" yoonhwa felt someone wrapped his arms around her small body emitting warmth to her. his adam's apple bobbed and he could feel his heart beating expeditiously when she hugged him back.

"hyuck-" he hushed her and kept on doing circles on her back to calm her down. "this is nothing for someone like him. he'll live" haechan felt guilty all of the sudden and he don't know why hearing her cries pained him.

he closed his eyes shut. it was hit fault. the shot was meant to be his. if jaehyun just let him get shot then maybe he's the one inside the surgery room. then yoonhwa wouldn't have to cry like this.

he slowly pushed her away when she quiet down. her head dropped down, not wanting to make any eye contact with him. it hurt him somehow.

haechan stood straight before he faced doyoung. "what happened at the headquarter?" he asked. doyoung rubbed his temples.

"i saw a black figure at the front of the mansion ringing the door bell. i stopped yoonhwa from opening it because he looked suspicious"

"what about the explosion?"

"it looks like they were planning somekind of an ambush, we got away though. but the whole headquarter got destroyed. we will have to move to our other base" doyoung explained.

"wait what about my watermelons?" mark standing up from his seat. "dude i bought a lot last week!" yuta patted his shoulder pulling him to sit back down.

"how come you have the time to think about watermelons?" jungwoo asked his eyebrows furrowing a bit. the door were pushed open and a man in a surgery outfit came out.

taeyong quickly went towards him. "is he okay, doctor?" yoonhwa raised her head looking straight at the doctor.

"mr jung's surgery went well. he's not in the critical state, he'll be fine for now. we'll transfer him into the ward soon" everyone let out a sigh of relief and taeyong thanked him. the doctor excused himself after.

yoonhwa had to process the things that the doctor said. her brother is fine now. her eyes wandered around the place but the one that she was trying to find was nowhere in sight.

"yoonhwa, you need to rest" taeyong walked up to her extending his arm to help her stand up. "okay"

 "okay"