C.14

yoonhwa fell down to the ground her eyes closed. yuju's eyes widened and she tried to shook her friend. "yoonhwa? y-yoonhwa.."

she didn't budged.

haechan's heart began to race seeing her unmoving state. "no.."

"fuck! shit no.. no" haechan shot two of them down before he run towards the unconscious girl. he pushed yuju away before he lifted yoonhwa's little figure up carefully- bridal style.

"h-haechan..?" yuju's voice came out as a little squeak as she watched the guy in fear. haechan ignored her and he began walking away. "where are you taking her?!" he stopped when he heard yuju shouted.

"somewhere safe" he stated monotone not even glancing back at the girl. seeing the blood on her neck made him felt something.

"hurry up! i don't think there's only five people here" he heard mark said. haechan cursed when he saw some men walking towards them with guns in their hands.

he ran inside a car and yuta was already inside. he glanced back at the leader and then at the girl. "what the hell happened?"

"bring her back to the headquarter! we'll slow these guys down" haechan said before he closed the car's door shut after he lay down yoonhwa at the car's back seat.

not questioning anything yuta step on the gas.

▽▽▽

"you fucking shot her jungwoo!"

"i was nervous, okay? i'm sorry"

"why did you even shoot if you're not sure for yourself. one wrong move you could've shot yoonhwa!"

her eyes fluttered open. squinting her eyes trying to adjust with the lighting inside the room she sat up slowly and winced when a sharp pain came from her neck. her hand went to touch it. there was a bandaged wrapped around her neck.

she had to blink a lot of times when her vision were blurry. "jaehyun?" the older guy's head shot to her and he rushed to her side pulling her small body into a warm hug.

"you're okay?" he asked looking at her straight in the eyes. she nodded not wanting him to worry about her.

"i'm so sorry, yoonhwa. i didn't mean to almost shoot you" jungwoo said as he bowed a lot of times. regret written all over his face.

"no it's okay, jungwoo"  yoonhwa gave him a reassuring smile. jungwoo let out a sigh of relief. he felt like someone was burning holes at the back of his head and he knew who that was.

"i'm glad you're okay, yoonhwa" mark entered the room smiling. yoonhwa smiled back nodding her head.

"you'll stay here. in this headquarters. until your graze shot fully healed, okay?" jaehyun said.

"what about school- yuju! is she okay?" her eyes then directed to the other guy inside the room. he was leaning on the door frame.

"she's fine" haechan stated his dark eyes bore into hers. she let out a sigh of relief. his eyes then went to jungwoo who immediately understand what that look means. he quickly went out of the room.

"jaehyun"

"i'm not leaving my sister's side" he said as he held yoonhwa's hands. haechan's eyes darkened as he clenched his fists.

yoonhwa bit her lower lip and she mentally shook her head. jaehyun sighed and he got up looking back towards his little sister.

"i'll be back" he said before walking out of the room closing the door shut. the atmosphere tensed up and she hated it. mark on the other hand felt quite anxious so he eyed haechan.

"what is it that you wanted to talk to me about?" she asked looking towards haechan and then mark. haechan didn't say anything- mark took that as his cue to speak.

"you're not allowed to go out of this headquarters unless you plan a suicide. you can not go to school, not until your graze shot is healed" her eyebrows twitched slightly.

"you're basically treating me like i'm somekind of a prisoner!" haechan didn't react much as he knew she would say that. mark glanced towards haechan who's eyes getting darker.

"no it's not like that.."

"not like what, mark" the moment she shot a glare at him mark saw her eyes.

sadness and fear.

haechan stood straight going towards her keeping a five feet distance.

"jung yoonhwa, you know that i'm nct's leader" she pursed her lips eyebrows furrowing a bit. confusion strikes her.

a smirk appeared on his lips as he stood there with pride. "everyone that stayed inside this headquarters needs to follow my orders. and you're not an exception"

"that- if you still wanted to live" haechan muttered before he turned around. "is this why my brother is tied to this shit hole?" he stopped when he heard her asked almost in a whispering voice.

mark mentally cursed as he knew he shouldn't be there but he can't just simply ignore haechan. the leader himself wanted him to said those things to her.

"uh.. yoonhwa" mark stopped himself when the girl said something.

"all of you.. are corrupted. by all of these gang stuffs"

haechan turned quickly to face her his jaw clenched tight. "you brought these shit to yourself, yoonhwa! if you run- when i told you to.. you wouldn't be here. and i don't have to get irritated every time i see your face!" he suddenly snapped.

haechan leaned forward going closer towards her. she could even feel his hot breath brushed against her skin.

"you- will get corrupted as well"