C.50

"just choose any flavours you want. it's on me"

"you're surprisingly kind today" she said and laughed when he looked away with a frown. the tip of his ears reddening.

"that.. that's because you finally got discharged from that hospital. i don't like the smell there" he mumbled scratching the back of his neck.

both of them were inside an ice cream store which was just right in front of the hospital building. he remembered that she loved ice cream so much and decided to bring her there.

well he just wanted to spend some time with her.

the doorbell on the entrance of the shop rang a few times. haechan got tensed when he saw two people going towards where they were standing. yoonhwa got the ice cream and gave one to haechan.

"hyuck, what's wrong?"

"let's go. your brother must've been worried about you" he stated monotone his face turning emotionless. haechan grabbed her hand intertwining their fingers. yoonhwa knew something was wrong

"yoonhwa?" she halted when she heard someone called for her name. haechan's grip on her tightened.

"it really is you!" a familiar tall guy said. she raised her chin up to look at him.

"rowoon?"

"you're okay now? since you're not in the hospital i assume you're doing fine" she just nodded her head and managed a small smile.

"who's this guy? your boyfriend?" rowoon asked his eyebrows furrowing. haechan turned to look at him painfully slowly with his dark eyes glaring him.

"and what's it to you?" he muttered and immediately pulled yoonhwa's hand as they went out of the ice cream shop. yoonhwa had to keep up with his fast pace

"donghyu-"

"i want you to stay away from that guy, and his friends. hwiyoung's one of his friend right?" haechan stared her confused face before she nodded her head.

"but.. he's my friend-"

"he is not your old childhood friend, yoonhwa. not anymore. you just met him again after all these years, time can change people" he spoke softly hoping for her to listen.

"why are you telling me these?" she tilted her head slightly to the side. he had told her before to avoid hwiyoung. but she still believed that he's still the same person.

"yoonhwa, they're in a gang" haechan stated his dark brown orbs met hers. "what?"

"i know that they're up to something" he could feel her hand shook lightly in his grip. "i'm not letting anyone hurt you anymore--"

"-- this time i'll protect you"

▽▽▽

haechan covered his face that was starting to burn. he kept on remembering what he said to her earlier. his mind was too occupied that he didn't even realised that someone was knocking on his door.

"why the fuck did i say that" he don't even know why he's getting embarrassed all of the sudden. "ah! mom help!"

"dude, it's time to eat. and what the heck is wrong with you. i can even hear you mumbling to yourself from outside" yuta said his eyebrows rose.

"i'll go and get yoonhwa" the older guy said and halted. he turned to look at him his lips forming a smirk.

"i can see your ears turning red, you know. were you thinking about yoonhwa?" yuta asked and that smirk grew wider when haechan looked away.

"i think it's better if you're the one telling her that it's time to eat. now go and get your yoonhwa" before haechan could say anything yuta left him- still with that smirk of his.

haechan dragged his own feet to yoonhwa's room and knocked on the door. there were no response coming from inside the room and he was getting worried.

the moment he opened the door something flew in front of his head smacking him right on his face. he catches the soft pillow and slowly lifted his chin up to see mark who looked like he had shitted on something.

"what the fuck are you doing in yoonhwa's room?" he asked, stepping inside. he saw yoonhwa sitting on the floor next to her bed.

"i was just playing around with yoonhwa. well uh- gotta go" mark jumped on the bed ready to sprint and with a blink of an eye he's already outside. "that little-"

"i'm sorry. did that hurt your face? i mean.. mark did threw the pillow really hard" haechan let out a soft chuckle shaking his head left to right.

"the food's ready, by the way" he mumbled and she hummed in response. "yoon-"

"yeah?" when she turned around haechan held his breath. he didn't realised that he was standing too close to her. her eyebrows furrowed and she blinked.

"nothing" he spun his heels around and quickly walked out of the room. he felt a tug coming from his sleeve shirt.

"haechan, are you okay? you're not sick, aren't you?" she stepped in front of him placing her right palm on his forehead and the other one on hers.

he could feel heat rushing up to his cheeks- he swear that he could even hear his own heart thumping loudly. his adam's apple bobbed and he stared her face.

haechan grabbed her hand moving it away from him. "what are you doing?"

"checking your body temperature" she stated. haechan bit his lower lip averting his gaze somewhere else.

"stop it!" she took a step back when he accidentally raised his voice. her heart starting to beat faster. "w-what?"

"i would go crazy if you touch me like that"