C.86

"yes and no. i was about to tell you guys about it that day but i don't know when exactly were they planning to attack our headquarter." lucas said and sighed.

"i just knew about it when i came back from china"

"do you have anything to tell me? i don't think you're the type to actually see people first" lucas said as he crossed both of his arms over his chest.

"you do know that i just got back from china. i'm tired" lucas walked up towards his friend's desk that has a lot of computers on it.

there were also big screens on the walls. it's quite similar to winwin's cyber room in the headquarter. hansol kept on typing something in the keyboard ignoring the taller guy. lucas was starting to get impatient.

"hey, can you hurry up? i have to see haerin"

"that's the only person you wanted to see" hansol said monotone. lucas' eyebrows twitched in annoyance.

hansol gestured for him to get closer. "i got something for you. consider this as a payment for the bubble tea that you got me last month"

lucas' eyes went towards the computer's screen and it showed a dim lit room. there was a big round table and a lot of people surrounding it. it looks like they were having somekind of a meeting. he couldn't really see the faces though.

"i got this a few days ago. the gang that you guys are trying to hunt.. red son right?" hansol asked and took a sip from his bubble tea.

"it's red sun"

"yeah whatever. it looks like they were planning something for you guys" hansol clicked the play button.

"what about the girl, boss?" a voice from the recording asked.

"about jung haerin, we proceed by taking down one of her loved ones. since jung haejun died already- it's none other than her best friend, huang yukhei." the one who he assumed as the leader said.

lucas tightened his grip on hansol's chair a very visible frown appearing on his lips. "get your hands off my expensive chair, dude" hansol mumbled and rolled his eyes.

"all of our units, especially you guys, sf9 will carry a mission. you will ambush their main headquarter and attack all of them. then bring them to our other base."

"yes, boss!" a few people said at the same time.

"byun baekhyun, i trust you to watch haerin. when it is confirmed that she's not there, sf9 and the other team will proceed with the ambush"

"what about this guy named huang yukhei, boss?"

there was a long silence coming from the leader as if he was thinking something. then both hansol and lucas heard him clearing his throat.

"beat him up and leave him there to die. as for the others, do as i say"

then the recoding ended.

hansol lifted his head up to look at lucas. the tall guy was awfully quiet and his eyes looked blank.

"you obviously won't let yourself die right?" lucas didn't say anything as he was thinking something.

"that's your job" he muttered.

"what?"

lucas lifted his left eyebrow and sat on the table facing his friend who was looking up at him coldly.
"get your butt off my table" hansol pushed him away but the guy won't budge

"i'm going to be left there alone, right? if someone eventually found me and brought me to the hospital, i want you to be the doctor in charge" he pointed his index finger towards the black haired guy.

"it's either me dying there or you could try to save me. since they're planning to kill me off. and if i do survived i need you to do something" he continued.

"god you're asking me a lot of things now" hansol muttered. "what is it then?"

"i want you to fake my death"

"what the hell did you just said?"

"i said it clearly. i want you to fake my death. knowing haerin, she might went back to the headquarter since she's the type to follow her gut feeling" lucas said and nodded to himself.

"okay so you're really sure that she's going to get back to your headquarter?" hansol asked.

"i'm confident" he said causing hansol to scoff a laugh.

"why do you want to fake your death? it's not necessary"

"i don't want her to be worried about me when she clearly have to save the other members" hansol slowly nodded his head then lucas continued.
"and.. i just want to stop the feeling that i'm having"

"okay now you're just being disgustingly cringy" hansol grimaced and moved away from him.

the atmosphere got tensed as lucas explained everything. haechan was still processing all the things that lucas said in his mind.

"how do you explain the grave then?" yuta asked and crossed both of his arms over his chest.

"that's not him. as you can see his body is right here in front of you guys. and the one in that grave is somebody else" said hansol as he typed something in his ipad.

"someone actually died that day. so the person's body was there instead of lucas'" he said before showing them an article about a car crash. the date shown was clearly the exact day the ambush happened.

"oh my god! so you're saying that we had visited some random-" eunbi covered her mouth remembering the time when all of them went to the grave.

"random guy's grave? yeah"