Chapter four

I hum along to the song playing through my phone in the bathroom, fixing my hair into a high ponytail but leaving a few strands out at the front for the messy kind of look like I had been loving recently. I smile at the reflection, admiring how my makeup looked, lifting the nude lipstick in the shade 'Angel' from the large makeup bag before me. The sound of The 1975 beginning to come through the speakers as I hum along. I slide my hands down my outfit, fixing the shorts on my body with a slight nod. "Becky does this look okay?" I sigh, walking back into my bedroom to find my best friend.

Becky grinned, reassuring me that the choice of a black and white striped shirt co-ord was a good choice for tonight. "You look great Soph" she states happily, doing the button of her light wash jeans up. The colour of them complimented the black lace body suit she wore really well. She knew how to dress well, since she worked for such a prestigious company, she had to be dressed well all of the time. I walk to the chest of drawers by my bedroom window, leaning down to place my makeup bag back in the drawer. "Damn Soph!" Becky teases as I stand up quickly, spinning round to look at her.

"What? Have I got something on me?" I groan as I run my hands behind me, trying to brush anything on me off.

"If something is ass cheeks then yes, Harry is in for a real night tonight" she teases as I roll my eyes with a groan, trying to hide the smile on my face. We were heading out to play ghetto golf, something that was literally just mini golf in a neon themed room. We had then planned on going out for some drinks after, just to have a chilled night out. I was lucky enough that Anne was having Ariella tonight, knowing me and Harry were seeing each other for the night again. "Come on, let's go" Becky smiles, checking her hair in the mirror, fixing the large twisted parts at the side and fluffing it up. I nodded, grabbing my bag and heading out to the awaiting taxi with my best friend.

~~~~~~~

I climb out of the taxi as we arrive at the venue, smiling as Becky runs to Taylor with wide arms, pressing a harsh kiss to his lips. They had literally been separated for a few hours and this is how they were. I turn my head as I hear somebody clearing their throat beside me, a soft smile forming on my lips as I take in their features, their clothes, their smile. Harry stood smiling, wearing his signature black jeans and black boots with an overly bright patterned shirt which wasn't fully buttoned up. I smile softly at him as he leant down, pressing a gentle kiss to my cheek, whispering a soft 'hey' in my ear.

I go to speak before being pulled inside by Becky, laughing happily at her arm linked with mine, heading for the cashier. I smirk when I see Harry walking over to pay, handing the cashier my card with a smile as he goes to speak, trying to interject and pay for us all. "Thank you" I smile to her, heading inside with four putting clubs and four balls. "Who's for drinks?" I smile, heading for the bar as Becky cheers, excited already about the night. We all order different drinks, opting for a bright looking cocktail myself before seeing Harry slide into the seat beside me.

"I was going to pay" he says softly as I shake my head with a smile, sipping on my drink as he sighs softly. "You look great Soph" he says softly, looking at me as I look at my drink, a redness rising to both of my cheeks. His hand gently turns my chin to look at him, wanting my full attention. "Like, really great" he says softly as I smile, whispering a soft 'thank you' to him. He still had that wrath over me, even after everything we had been through and done together, giving more proof that some feelings never fade.

"Are we going to play this game or what?" Taylor states as I shrug with a nod. We pick up the golf clubs, Taylor taking the first swing and scoring a hole in one for the first round. Bastard. Becky took her attempt, scoring it on the last chance with a sigh of relief on her face. I bite my lip, leaning over slightly and putting the ball, missing the hole slightly giving me a second go. I smirk softly as I hear a hiss from behind me, remembering Beckys comment from when we were getting ready earlier on. I turn my head discreetly to find Harry stood rubbing his chin with his lower lip between his teeth, looking at my bum under my shorts. Some things never change.

We made it to the last round, Taylor having won, Becky coming in second so far but leaving myself and Harry battling for last place. It was battle of the loser. I laugh out loud as I go to swing for my shot, feeling Harry's hand slide over my back and tickle my side, causing me to mess up my shot. I give him a pout before swinging my club by his feet as he jumps with a smirk, "you can't get me that easy babe" he teases as I huff, moving to my ball to put it in two. Harry needed to get a hole in one to have any chance of not being last. He swung for the ball, a groan leaving his lips as he moved to hit it again.

He took six shots, having definitely lost this one.

~~~~~~~

We stand at the bar, ordering ourselves drinks having decided just to stay here since Becky and Taylor were planning on heading off shortly to their place since they needed to be up early for wedding things apparently. I thank the barman as he smirks slightly at me with a small wink as I roll my eyes. I smile gently when I feel the familiar hand slide around my waist, running the small bit of exposed skin softly. A shiver ran down my spine at the feeling of his hands touching my skin once again, a feeling I would never forget after so long.

"Soph, were going to head off if that's okay with you?" Becky smiles as she finishes her drink, taking Taylor's hand in hers as I nod and smile softly at her. I move forward, hugging her tightly as she whispers in my ear, "just be careful, you don't want to drag Ari or anything into this until you're sure what's going on okay?" she says softly as I nod slowly, holding her hands in mine as she takes them back with a smile, grabbing her handbag into her hand. A quick hug was given to Harry before heading to the door, leaving myself and Harry to our own devices.

I sit on the bar stool beside Harry as he looks at the beer in front of him, taking a deep breath. "I'm really enjoying spending time with you again Soph" he says softly as I smile softly with a nod, turning my head to look at him. "I've missed you, more than I've let on" he says softly as I nod again, taking in what he was saying.

"I've missed you too" I say softly as he moves his hand across the bar, taking my fingers into his delicately. My eyes lower to look at the two hands slowly and gently dancing together, something that hadn't happened for a long time. The tan on his hands from the LA sun making my hands look even paler, complimented by a new silver ring on his middle finger. His hand moving to allow his thumb to run over my knuckles with a gentle smile on his face. I lift my eyes, seeing his lift slowly to mine, the green in them bright and holding happiness.

Then he took my breath away, leaning in slowly to press his lips to mine gently. He pulled back slowly to see my shocked expression, my eyes wide and mouth slightly parted. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that" he says softly as I shake my head with a smile.

"No no, Harry don't be silly it was," I start, trying to find the right word in my vocabulary as he looks for something in my eyes. "It was, nice" I say softly as he smiles, leaning in again slowly.

"So can I do it again?" He says slowly as I bite my lip gently, nodding. His face moved closer to mine, pressing his lips to mine again, slightly harder this time. I smile softly against his lips, moving them in a gentle sync with him, feeling the same way I did all those years ago when we first kissed.