Chapter fourteen

"Mummy! Did you see how big the sharks were!" Ariella commented from the backseat of the car. I nodded with a smile, turning around the see Ariella sat rubbing her eyes. We had been to the aquarium today, having spent all day there today. It was a way of trying to keep happy after everything. I look at the clock on the screen in the front of the car. She looked so tired and to be honest, it was getting close to her bedtime since we had been out for dinner. I went to speak again, turning around the fun Ariella fast asleep with her teddy in her hand. Her head had lulled to one side of her car seat and her mouth slightly open, in the same way Harry used to sleep beside me.

I reach my hand across, after check Ariella was asleep as I touch Niall's thigh making him jump. A smirk creeping onto his features as I bite my lip softly. I slide my hand up the material of his jeans, squeezing slightly before arriving at his upper thigh. A groan left his lips as he looked over when we arrived at the red traffic lights before us. "Come on, at least wait till we're home..." he mumbles as I smirk softly, letting go of his thigh to reach forward and grab my phone when it made a sound.

I opened the twitter app, seeing 'Halice' trending. I raise my eyebrows, clicking on the link which took me to something that broke my heart multiple times once again. There before me were photos of Harry and Alice, his arms around her waist and his lips to her forehead. I sigh softly, feeling my entire mood shift as I scroll through the photos, only making everything feel worse. There were photos of them holding hands, laughing together and one of her wearing his hoodie. I looked closer, zooming in on the screen before me as I instantly lock my phone, putting it away and looking out of the window. It was the hoodie I had brought him for our first Christmas as a couple.

Niall looked over, placing his hand gently on my thigh as I give him a small smile. He returned this, squeezing my thigh gently as he pulled into the car park by my flat, parking in the space and jumping out of the car. He grabbed Ariella, having more strength than me as he carried her up the stairs. She woke, rubbing her eyes and looking for me as we arrived in the flat. I smile softly, walking to her bedroom with her and helping her get ready for bedtime, leaving Niall to fend for himself in the living room.

~~~~~~~

"So the princess became really sad, because the prince had only wanted the princess for her precious jewelry, he didn't really love her" I say softly, my eyes pricking with tears as I read the book to my daughter, who lay half asleep beside me in her bed. "But the princess wasn't alone, because she was surrounded by an amazing family who bought her even better jewelry so she forgot about the prince and made herself happy" I end, looking down to find Ariella about to fall asleep beside me.

Her eyes stayed closed as she rolled over onto her side, laying a hand on my lap as she breathed out. "I love you mumma" she says softly, her eyes closed and her breaths soft as she drifted off to sleep. I smile softly, leaning down to kiss her head before running my hands through her hair, finding myself sat here playing with it.

"I love you too baby" I say quietly, making sure she was asleep. "You're going to grow up to be the most beautiful woman ever princess, you're going to be happy, you're going to be intelligent, you're going to be everything you want to be in life" I say quietly as a tear slides down my cheek. "You're going to make sure your more confident than me, that you know how amazing you are" I whisper, kissing her head softly before tucking her teddy in beside her. I sigh quietly, standing up slowly before heading out of the door.

I close it quietly behind me, turning around to find Niall stood there with his arms folded across his chest. "Your mood shifted earlier and I know why" he says quietly as I look down at my hands, ashamed to admit that what I had seen had upset me. "It's okay to be sad, shit Soph you had a life with him, you guys had a baby and were everything each other wanted" he says softly as I look down still. His thumb gently lifted my chin to look at me.

I shake my head softly, looking away from him. "It's silly Ni, I've got a beautiful little girl in there and the most amazing life now but, I can't help wondering if he used me to have a child" I say quietly as I feel the tears build once again. He sighs softly, pulling me into his body with his hands in my hair.

"Soph you are the most beautiful girl I have ever met, you don't know this but," he starts before taking a deep breath. "When I first met you, I wanted to make a move, I was about to say something but Harry jumped in and then I never had a chance" he says softly as my eyes close against his chest. "You're funny, you're kind, you're an amazing mum" he says softly as he places a kiss to my head.

I smile gently, sliding my hands under his top and onto his bare back. I keep my eyes closed, feeling safe and wanted for once, feeling my confidence in myself shifting slightly. The biggest issue I had with myself was that I could accept myself, and I couldn't love myself. "Thank you" I finally whisper as he smiles softly, taking my hand in his.

"Let me show you, just how beautiful you are" he says quietly, guiding me to my bedroom with a soft smile on those plump, pink, Irish lips.

~~~~~~~

"You're so beautiful" Niall mumbles, standing me in front of him in my baby blue lace underwear set. "So, so beautiful" he whispered, placing a gentle kiss on my stomach as his hands ran up the outside of my thighs. "Every single inch is perfect" he says softly, kissing my hip as I giggle softly, moving from his grip as he stands up. I smirk softly, dropping to my knees as I slide his white Calvin Klein briefs down his legs, looking up into his eyes as his length slapped against his stomach earning a low groan from him. His lower lip between his teeth to keep quiet when I took him between my lips, looking up at him innocently. "Shit don't give me those eyes, you look even more beautiful doing that" he groans as I giggle softly.

A short while later and I was laid beneath him, gripping onto his thighs as my head rolled back. "Niall" I whisper as he smiles softly, kissing my forehead gently. "Please" I breath out as his eyes looked down into mine. His body tensed as he bit his lower lip, groaning lowly as our bodies moved together, feeling every inch of him, our bodies moulded into one as his hands gripped my thighs, bringing them around his waist. His face landed in the crook of my neck as he groaned, finishing as I whimper softly against his cheek, feeling him roll beside me.

His hand grabbed the duvet, sliding it over both of us as he lay face me, his fingers trailing gently up my arm as he sleepily smiles at me. His eyes searching every millimeter of mine as I sigh happily. "You Soph, are the most beautiful girl I have ever seen" he whispers, sliding his fingers gently over my shoulder, causing me to shiver slightly at his touch. "The way your eyes glisten when you see Ari, the way your hair falls in your face when you laugh, when you look in a mirror and fix your outfit a hundred times before you leave to go anywhere" he says softly as I blush. His fingers lifted my chin, pressing his lips softly to mine. I hadn't said much, but he knew to give me a moment.

"You make me feel so special" I say quietly as his lip curves into a sleepy half smile. His fingers gripping mine gently as he looks deep into my eyes.

"You are special Soph, you deserve to be happy" he whispers softly, making my heart flutter.