Chapter nine

A groan leaves my lips as I stretch my arms above my head, turning my head with a sigh as I see the vacant spot beside me. The spot where Harry should be this morning to celebrate Christmas with his family. I slowly swing my legs over the side of the bed, wiggling my toes in the rug before standing up and walking across the hallway to Ariellas room. She was bound to be awake, full of excitement about whether Santa had been.

I slowly creak her door open and sure enough there she sat, in bed with her stocking in her hands and her pyjamas that matched mine. "Mummy! Look!" She states happily, lifting her stocking up to show me as I cheer and hold my arms out. She leaps out of bed, running over and tackling me in a large hug. This kid had been lucky enough to get her hugging ability from her dad, with Harry giving some of the best hugs I had ever received. She kissed my cheek softly as I look down at her.

"Shall we go and see if Santa has been" I smile as she grins happily, grabbing my hand and pulling me into the living room. An audible gasp left her lips at the large pile of presents under the tree. Most of them belonged to Ariella, Harry having bought most of them despite me telling him not too. He had needed to go to LA at very short notice, leaving a space empty in the room. He knew I wasn't happy about that, but I knew it was something that came alongside his job. "Go ahead baby, look for the ones with your name" I say softly as she grins and runs to the presents.

A soft sigh leaves my lips as she finds the ones for her, forming a pile beside her with a wide grin plastered on her face. I look at my phone, sighing softly when I see nothing from Harry to wish his daughter a Happy Christmas. I lift my eyes when I see Ariella stood before me with a present in her hands. "Go ahead baby, you open yours" I smile softly as she nods, heading to the carpet once again.

~~~~~~~

"Baby, we're going to have Auntie Becky over in a minute, come and get dressed" I call as Ariella wonders into my room with her hair a mess and her pyjamas on.. A yawn left her lips as she flopped onto the bed with a smile, looking up at the ceiling. I laugh softly, holding the dress up as she grabs it and slides it over her body, pulling her tights on too. A groan left her lips as I sat behind her, forming her hair into a ponytail as she huffed, hating her hair being done.

"Can I go play now?" She groans as I smile softly and nod, sending her out of the bedroom as she ran to the living room to play with her role play kitchen. I smile softly, sliding my own clothes on, sighing gently as I look in the mirror on my wardrobe, running my hand over the outfit I had chosen. I had opted for a cream ribbed bodycon style dress with a roll neck, hugging my figure as I pull my hair into a messy bun on the top of my head, heading out to find my daughter playing happily. I had already done my makeup, meaning I was able to begin cooking the dinner.

We were supposed to go to Anne's, but she had cancelled on us a few days ago because she was going to somebody else's in the end. It was okay, things between us had been a little awkward since the split from Harry so it came as a bit of relaxation not being stuck in a house with her on my own. I slide the turkey into the oven, humming softly as I pour a glass of wine for myself and Becky, ready for her arrival. A mere few seconds later and the door burst open, revealing Becky in her red tartan skirt and white polo neck top. "The party has arrived!" She cheers, holding gift bags in her hands as Taylor follows behind, holding even more presents in his arms. I run over, hugging her tightly and kissing her cheek before touching Taylor's arm with a smile, welcoming them.

"Wines in the kitchen for you ready Beck!" I call as I place the gifts under the tree, seeing Ariellas face eyeing them up. "Go on then" I tease as I sit on the sofa, smiling when she opens her first present from her favourite auntie. Becky proceeded to tell me that there were presents from the rest of the boys in there, to which I nodded and slipped my drink. Ariella continued to rip the presents open, receiving a One Direction T-shirt from Louis, Niall had brought her a children's guitar and Becky had gifted her a princess playhouse.

Ariella had been seriously spoilt this year, having so many new presents to play with to keep herself entertained throughout the day. I stand up, heading to the kitchen to check on the dinner. "Jesus" I mutter as a large puff of steam leaves the oven, almost taking my eyebrows with it. I begin cutting up the dinner, carving the turkey and setting everything out on the island with a smile. "Dinner, is served" I call as Taylor and Becky head to the kitchen, grabbing a plate and filling it with vegetables, turkey and gravy. The smile on everyone's faces made everything worthwhile, and made being without Harry a little more bearable.

~~~~~~~

"Soph, that was beautiful" Becky grins as she rubs her stomach, feeling completely bloated as she looks at her pudding bowl in front of her. "I haven't eaten that much in a crazy amount of time" she groans, leaning her head back to try and get more oxygen into her body. I smile softly, gathering the plates and bowls and taking them to the sink. I sit them down, smiling at Ariella who had fallen asleep on the sofa, walking over and touching her head gently. She looked so peaceful, so much like Harry.

I stood up, gesturing for Becky to sit on the other sofa and enjoy the Christmas movie playing before her on the television. I made my way slowly to the kitchen, running the hot water and put some liquid in the sink to clean up the bowls and plates. "Soph, I just need to go and get one more present from the car I just realised I left" Becky smiles as I nod, hearing the door close. I hum softly as I scrub the plates, swaying my hips slightly as the door closes again. I hear footsteps in the kitchen, taking no notice since Becky was probably heading in to grab some more wine now she was back.

I drop the plate in the sink, jumping as I feel a pair of hands slide around my waist, turning my head to see the familiar jaw line I had been near to many times, inhaling the familiar Chanel scent I was so used to having knitted into my clothing. My eyes tear up as I lower my head to the sink, placing my hands over my face as my body is turned, being pulled into the warmth of the person before me.

Harry.

"You- you-" I stutter as he nods, shushing me quietly as a tear slides down my cheek. He came home for Christmas, to spend time with his family. "I can't believe you're here" I whisper as his thumb rubs gentle circles into my side, a half smile on his lips as he kisses my forehead softly.

"How could I miss Christmas Day with my two favourite girls" he says softly. "Plus, I had to give you this" he says quietly, handing me a small box which was wrapped with a bow on the top. My breath stopped in my throat, knowing what box was this size. I slowly pull the ribbon, taking the paper off of the box and opening it slowly. Inside was something beautiful. It want what I thought it was going to be, considering the box resembled an endgame not ring box. This had more sentimental value though.

Inside laid a silver locket, with a photo of myself, Harry and Ariella when she was born. On the back engraved were the words "my favourite chapter". I wipe the tear falling from my eye, looking up at Harry and sliding my arms around his neck.

"Thank you" I whisper, pressing my lips to his tenderly. I look over hearing a shrill 'daddy' being yelled. Ariella was awake and running at Harry. He lifted her into the air, kissing her cheek and hugging her tightly. I smile softly, sliding the necklace around my neck, touching the heart gently.

How times had changed.