Chapter fifty-eight

I hum along to the sound of Ed Sheeran playing quietly in the background of the car as I watch the surrounding areas fly past. Tree after tree flew past the car as Niall drove down the motorway, a smile on his lips and his hand resting on my thigh. I could feel the skin of his thumb running over my jeans as I sigh contently, watching his eyes look in the rear view mirror to check on Ariella. Her head was dropping now and then, with her eyes trying to stay open as we drove. The fields had reminded me of my early childhood, having been born in a rural area.

"Thank you for suggesting this" I say softly, letting my eyes look at the brunette man sitting beside me, who's right hand was holding the steering wheel of his car. He nodded slowly, turning his head to briefly look at me before looking back at the road ahead of us.

His hand squeezed my thigh lightly, smiling lightly. "Anything to see you happy" he breathes out as I bite my lip lightly.

"Harry never even met them Niall" I smile softly, leaning my head back against the head rest as I look at him. The way the sun was shining in the window gave him such a glow, and made his hair look a little lighter than normal. His eyebrow raised, almost to question my answer as I shake my head. "He tried not to speak about them..." I say softly, running a hand through my hair.

"It does good to accept the reality and accept what you have" he smiles softly, continuing the relaxing movement of his thumb, keeping me calm.

"You're the most amazing man Niall" I say softly as he smirks a little.

"Clearly haven't met yourself darling" he breaths out as I roll my eyes playfully, feeling the blush rise on my cheeks as I look down at his hand. "Plus, I had to meet them at some point... it's polite" he nods slowly. His smile grew as he looked over once we had stopped at a set of traffic lights. The glisten in his eyes growing as I smile lightly, watching him leave over briefly to press a gentle kiss to my lips. His eyes then looked back at the road, pulling away at the green light. "They also haven't seen how big little Ari is now" he hums softly.

~~~~~~~

I smile softly as I climb out of the car, walking through the gardens that were silent. The flowers were in full bloom and were forming a pathway across the grass where many people had walked before. "She isn't hurting you is she?" I say softly to Niall who had a half asleep Ariella across his chest, with her legs around his waist and arms around his neck.

He shook his head with a soft smile, "she's alright" he says softly. His feet followed me, shifting his head when Ariella lifted her hand to rub her eyes from being so tired. "Hey squirt" he hummed softly as she looked around.

"Here we are" I breathe out quietly, stopping in my tracks. I crouch down to the floor, laying the bunch of flowers I had in my hand down with a soft smile on my lips. Niall had set Ariella down at this point. His arms slid around me, holding me close to his body as neither of us said a word. Our eyes focused on the bunch of blue and white daisies that lay on the grass. I take a deep breath as I look at the flowers still, never letting them out of my sight. "Hi mum... Hi dad..." I breathe out, feeling the comfort of Niall's thumb on my waist as he kisses my head lightly. I felt tears in my eyes, finding it more surreal I had Niall beside me than the fact I was talking to a bunch of flowers.

Niall stayed quiet, letting me have a moment to myself but staying close for that comfort I needed. We stayed for a while, giving them an update on everything, making sure they didn't miss out on anything in my life. I told them about the runway, I told them about Ariella starting school, and I told them about Niall from start to finish.

I slowly step back, taking Ariella's hand to walk back to the car, having said goodbye to them for now. I wipe my eyes lightly as Ariella skips along happily. She didn't quite understand what was going on, but had some idea around it. I turn my head when I don't hear the sound of Niall's keys, feeling my eyes well up at the sight I was met with. Niall was crouched by the headstone, talking quietly to it. His fingers lifted, touching the stone lightly before turning around and jogging after us.