Chapter fourty-nine

A grumble left Becky's lips as she sat at her desk, spinning around on her chair. She was bored, frustrated and lonely in the large room with windows reaching from floor to ceiling and a large desk in the centre of the room. This was her office, but somehow she had been working so much lately that it became almost like her second home. Her eyebrow raised as she heard a knock at the door, having no meetings booked and no appointments today. "Come in?" she calls, almost questioning the person on the other side of the door.

She span her chair back around, now with her back to the London skyline and her eyes on the wooden door. They widened when she saw the man she didn't want to see walking through the door with a bunch of tulips and a small smile on their lips. A smile fell to Becky's lips at the gesture, biting her lower lip as she walked around the table to receive the bunch.

"They're beautiful, thank you... you didn't have to" she smiles, looking at the man before her. His smile widens at her response to the flowers, running a hand through his hair.

"You looked stressed the other day so I thought you needed it" he smiles before rolling his eyes. "Louis didn't seem to be doing you any favours either" he sighs as Becky raises her eyebrows.

"Look Taylor, it's lovely that you care about me but I'm really busy today and I have a lot to do for Soph's big day that's very soon" Becky sighs. Taylor ignored this though, jumping straight to asking if anything was happening with Louis. "Nothing, I told you this when we were together and even now you don't believe me" she sighs, "Louis is just helping me get to work since I can't drive until my wounds heal" she mumbles.

"Why didn't you ask me?" Taylor sighs as Becky shakes her head quickly.

"Because we aren't together anymore" she mumbles, "Plus, you insulted my friends and controlled me so that I wasn't able to see them" she snaps as he goes to speak. Becky was on a rant though, letting nothing stop her. "I run my own company, I think I know how to live my own life and I'm fed up of men trying to take control of what I can and cannot do" she snaps as Taylor struggles to find his wording.

"I promise I can change, I was just so jealous of him" he says almost in a whisper as Becky shakes her head quickly.

"No, you shouldn't keep coming to see me Taylor... I need to move on with my life, now please, I need to get on with some work" she says softly, sitting at her desk and grabbing her pen as Taylor sighs defeated, walking out of the room. A groan left Becky as she grabbed her phone, texting me a simple 'i'll be there'.

~~~~~~~

I hum softly as I lay my phone down on the shelf in the bathroom, blotting my foundation into my skin. I'd just read a message from Becky to say that she was coming tonight, which had really cheered me up knowing you were going to have some fun. I turn my head when I hear noises in the bedroom. I place my makeup brush down once I had finished what I was doing, walking out of the room.

"Niall?" I ask as I walk out of the room, messaging you about how I didn't know what on earth I was going wear since I hadn't had a chance to go out and find something. I look away from my phone when I catch sight of material on the bed, feeling my eyes tear up at the beautiful navy, silk dress on the bed. Beside it was a navy pair of lace panties and a note.

I giggle softly at the simple words on the piece of paper; 'wear this tonight, please and thanks, love you x'. I place the paper down, slipping on the clothing and sighing happily at my reflection. For once I felt beautiful and like I looked good. I step out of the room and begin walking down the stairs. I bite my lip when I look at Niall who's eyes were wide, his lower lip between his teeth.

"Fuck Soph, I'd have bent you over the island in the kitchen if the taxi wasn't here" he mumbles, pressing a kiss to my lips as he takes my hand. "Come on... lets go" he smiles, holding my hand in his. We head to the taxi, his eyes looking me over multiple times during the ride.