Chapter eight

"Well this has ended up being one of the biggest campaigns our company has done to date, so thank you to everybody who was involved in making this happen," Becky starts as she holds her glass in her left hand, "and thank you to Soph for agreeing to do this at the last minute on that day" she smiles as I nod in her direction. Everybody cheers, putting their glasses in the air for the toast. We were celebrating the launch of the underwear shoot I had been involved in a few months ago at short notice, when Niall was brought into it at even shorter notice.

The sound of classes clinking together brought me back into the room after daydreaming about the photoshoot that everybody was talking about. I smile again, shaking my head to look like I was listening to the statements people were making about how good the photos looked. Everybody began to chat, meaning I was able to sneak away to the space by the window to check my phone. I smile softly at the notification of Harry's name, telling me how excited he was for later. I place my glass on the windowsill, replying too the message before seeing my best friend appear before me.

"So, what are your plans for the time over Christmas Soph, since today is your last day?" She smiles softly, sipping the champagne from her glass and leaving a nude coloured lipstick stain around the rim.

"Well I'm heading out with Harry shortly since he has Ariella, we're gonna go to the Christmas market together and go ice skating and just have a nice day as the three of us," I start with a gentle smile before continuing to talk. "I think Christmas Day is going to be a bit more of a quiet family day, we might head to see Anne too" I say softly with a smile. "He hasn't officially said he's spending the day with us but with what's happening today and bringing Ari into all of this I think he'll want to spend it altogether" I say softly as her eyes watch me carefully.

"You're going out altogether?" Becky asks slowly as I nod in response, sipping my drink. "Are you sure it's a good idea?" She says softly and quietly as I nod slowly.

"I think so" I say quietly and look at my hands. "We've been going out on dates since the summer and it's now December, Christmas is in a few weeks and I think it's all going to work out between us, I'm just waiting for him to ask" I say softly as she nods slowly. "He's here Beck, I'll give you a message and we can meet up before Christmas?" I say softly, sliding my winter jacket and hat on.

Becky nods slowly, her eyes lifting from her glass as she hugs me tightly. "Just be careful Soph" she says softly, "just remember me and Taylor will be over Christmas afternoon" she reminds as I nod, blowing a kiss to her. I hug a few more people goodbye, wishing them a happy Christmas as I turn back to Becky smirking. "ILY" I shout, something that had been a running thing between us for a few years now.

"ILY" she shouts back, smiling softly as she heads back to the crowd to mingle.

~~~~~~~

"Just a hot chocolate please" I smile to Harry as he nods with a smile, pressing a kiss to my cheek before heading to a booth to get a drink. Ariella day before me on the tall bench, swinging her legs happily. "So, what did you and daddy do this morning?" I smile as the three year old looks at me happily.

"We coloured and watched Beauty and the Beast" she smiles, looking up at the sky as she thinks. "Ooo and we baked chocolate chip cookies" she grins, her legs swinging a little faster in excitement. Her hair was curling down her back with a white bobble hat on her head to keep her small head warm. Her green eyes bright as she remembers the morning she had spend with her daddy having a large amount of fun.

"That sounds like fun!" I smile softly as she nods happily, clapping when she sees Harry walking back with three hot chocolates. "Thank you daddy" she smiles she's handed hers, one that was made a little milkier and cooler than the others to enable her to drink it sooner.