Chapter twenty-six

I click the buckle on Ariella's car seat, tickling her in the process as she laughs loudly, wiggling in her seat. "I've got you now!" I tease as she giggles, screwing her eyes closed as she wiggles about. I stop, press a kiss to her forehead and step back to close the door, stopping when my phone begins to ring. It was Niall. The sight of his name popping up on my phone made my heart skip a beat. I answer the call, lifting the phone to my ear as I hear his melodic voice. "Hey you" I breath hearing a chuckle leave his lips.

"Hey darlin', I just wanted to call you to hear your voice" he says softly as I bite my lip, leaning against the boot of the car with a smile. My heart fluttered and my lower lip fell between my teeth as I closed my eyes. His words always made me feel giddy and like I was on cloud nine. "I've missed you" he says softly, the sound of shuffling feet were heard before hearing his feet begin to pad across his hallway and into the kitchen.

"I've missed you too" I say softly as I hear him chuckle, switching on the kettle. "We're just off to grab Becky to go swimming and then grab some ice cream, a little treat for little miss while I'm not working today" I say softly as I turn my head to see Ariella playing with her dolls in the back seat.

"She's a good kid isn't she? She'll enjoy that I'm sure" he hums, moving the drink in his mug which I knew would be tea, something he always had when he woke up in the morning.

"She's the best" I say softly with a smile, looking down at my lap. "Did you know it's been nearly three months we've been together?" I say softly as he sighs happily.

"The best time of my life" he says quietly, thinking I didn't hear him which I almost didn't, his accent was so thick this morning I almost missed what he said. "Darlin' I'll let you get going okay?" He says softly as I sigh sadly.

"When will I see you next?" I ask quietly as he chuckles, telling me about the album release party coming up in a few days. "Okay, I guess that will do" I tease as he hums in response. "I love you Ni" I say softly, closing my eyes in bliss as I say the three words that had so much more meaning now.

"I love you too" he breaths out, knowing they had the same effect on him.

~~~~~~~

"Go on baby!" I giggle, holding Ariellas stomach in the water as she kicked her legs happily. "That's it, you've got it!" I smile as she continues practising to swim in the learning pool. I smile widely at how big my daughter was getting now, especially since she was now four and heading to school next year. I stand her back up as she heads to the other pool, climbing up the slide happily. She had never had a fear of anything, especially when it came to water.

Becky seemed unusually quiet today, giving me a fake smile now and then. I turn my head to look at her as she looked sadly at everybody around us. She turned her head, giving me a wide and very fake smile. I sigh softly, nudging her with my shoulder as I smile softly. "When we've finished, we'll go and grab a huge ice cream sundae and you can tell me everything that's on your mind okay?" I say softly as she nods slowly.

I laugh softly as Ariella reappears, stepping down the steps and making her way slowly to Becky. "Auntie Becky! Come with me!" She grins as Becky shakes her head quickly, looking at me for help.

"Why does everyone look at me for help" I laugh as she groans, stepping out of the pool with Ariella, making her way slowly to the slide before her, stepping up the steps and sitting down at the top. She slid down, closing her eyes tightly before splashing at the bottom. She slowly stood up, rubbing the water away from her face as she glares playfully at me.

"You owe me" she huffs as I hold my stomach, laughing more than I thought I would. Ariella followed her suit, giggling happily as the water splashed in her face, instantly getting out and rushing back to the top of the slide to go again. "She has no fear has she?" Becky laughs when she finally made her way back to me.

I shake my head quickly with a smile, "none at all".

~~~~~~~

"So can we get one of the rocky road, one banoffee and one of the three scoop children's ones" I smile to the lady at the till who nodded putting them into the till. I turn my head with a soft smile, seeing Ariella and Becky playing with her dolls at the table we were sat at. I put my card in, pushing the buttons for my PIN number before grabbing my receipt.

I make my way back to the table, sitting down and grabbing my phone. I unlock it, opening the message from Harry which made me feel nothing like Niall did. I scanned the message of 'I'll pick her up from nursery on Thursday to have her for the weekend.", I simple replied with okay before locking it and putting it in my bag.

The ice cream arrived, Ariella getting really excited at her sundae. I thank the lady, taking a photograph of Ari and her large ice cream sundae before she started to tuck into it. I change my position, looking at Becky with a small sigh as she looks at her sundae sadly. "Becky, what's the matter" I say softly as she shakes her head with that familiar fake smile I'd seen all day.

"Nothing, nothing I'm fine" she says softly, taking a mouthful of ice cream into her mouth. I sigh softly, taking some into my own before reaching out and touching her hand slightly.

"Becky, tell me" I say quietly as she sighs softly, squeezing my hand before letting go.

"I don't know what to do Soph... you know how Taylor isn't the biggest fan of Louis?" She asks as I nod slowly, raising my eyebrows at her. "Well, he told me that at Niall's birthday the other day he was trying it on with me, simply because he was talking to me, and he said about me trying to impress people in my dress when I wore it to impress him" she sighs as I touch her hand again.

"Becky, I'm sure it'll be okay and that he's just being silly?" I ask quietly as she shakes her head.

"A the worst bit is Soph, is that he doesn't want me to speak to Louis anymore... he's my best friend?" She says quietly with pleading eyes as I give her sad ones back. "What do I do Soph?" She asks as I sigh quietly.

For once, I didn't know what to say or how to help her. All I knew is that something about Taylor did not sit right with me at all.