Chapter fourty-five

I hum softly, stretching my arms as I pull the covers over me a little more. I open my eyes slightly, feeling my heart flutter at the sight in front of me. There sat Niall on his side of the bed, completely nude with nothing but the sheets laid over his lap. His phone was in his hand and his thumb in his mouth as he concentrated on what was happening. He hadn't noticed me awake.

I cleaned my neck, trying to look at the screen and as I did, my heart melted and a smile formed on my lips. 'Set to all' was pressed and the photo of the two of us was replaced with a photo of me yesterday in Times Square, looking towards Niall with a smile. "Cute wallpaper" I mumble, seeing him jump with a soft smile on his lips.

"Oh, you're awake" he smiles, locking his phone and opening his arms. I giggle softly, slowly lifting up and sitting on his lap in my silky pyjamas. I lay forward, resting my head on his shoulder with my arms around his abdomen, closing my eyes at the comfort of him. "Hey beautiful" he mumbles, pressing multiple kisses to my head with a smile.

I hum in response, finally sitting up to look at him. His hand lifted, tucking a strand of my brunette hair behind my ear, ignoring the fact my bun had fallen and was messy from sleep. I smile softly, leaning against his hand as it rests on my cheek. His hands moved, resting on my thighs as he looks up at my face, smiling softly to himself.

"Come on babe, lets get you ready for the day... I want to take you to the Empire State" he mumbles, reaching up to press a soft kiss to my lips as I smile, nodding and clambering off his lap, padding slowly to the bathroom, scratching my head lightly as Niall smiles, admiring the girl he now shared his life with.

~~~~~~~

"Did you know that this place was built in a race to create the tallest building?" I mumble, lifting my eyes to look up from the map in my hands. We were currently stood on the top floor of the Empire State Building, looking out over New York City. I look at Niall, raising my eyebrow when he doesn't respond. "Are you listening to me?" I question, smirking as he shrugs with a half smile on his lips.

His eyes were staring at me, taking in every feature on my face. "Sorry, what did you say?" He questions, giving me a small half smile with a content sigh. "I was just lost in thought over how beautiful you are" he mumbles, stepping closer to look at the map I had in my hands.

I roll my eyes at his comment, smirking as I nudge him lightly. I repeat what I said as he smiles, walking to the glass surrounding us and folding his arms across his chest. I move to stand beside him, folding the map up and slipping it into my bag hanging off of my shoulder. "What are you thinking about?" I say softly, feeling his arm move to rest in my shoulders.

He sighs softly, pressing a kiss to my temple before looking back at the view ahead of us. "I've been to this city, so many times with the band and during the recording of my album and so many other times, but I've never seen it from here..." he mumbles. "I've never felt this way either about someone while I've been here" he says softly, turning his head to look at me again.

"I love you" I whisper, smiling at him with sparkling eyes as he chuckles lightly to himself.

His eyes glistened, looking deep into mine as he smiles happily. His entire face radiated love and happiness. "I love you too" he whispers, kissing my forehead.

~~~~~~~

"Central park!" I cheer, twirling as I walk through the world famous park, stopping to look at Niall with a grin as he chuckles, walking with his hands in his pockets. I wore a pair of latex material trousers with Niall's white T-shirt tied at the front, I had teamed this with a black and white aviator style jacket to give me a little warmth.

I stopped, holding my hands out towards him with a wide smile. "Yes?" He teases, raising his eyebrows with his hands still in his pockets.

"Come here!" I whine, making grabby hands at him as he laughs, catching up and holding his hands in mine. I let go of one, swinging our arms with a smile. "Thank you for bringing me here" I say softly, looking up at him with a smile.

"No problem darlin', we needed some time as just the two of us" he says softly, looking down at me with a kiss to my forehead. I stop at a coffee stand, ordering a soya cappuccino and a flat white for Niall. I thank the vendor, taking a sip as we sit on a bench watching the world fly by.

"I love it here" I say softly, smiling as he nods, sipping his coffee. "I hope Ariella's okay too" I say softly, looking down at my hands as he rests his hand on my knee.

"She'll be fine darlin', Harry's a good dad" he smiles as I look at him, biting my lower lip. "She'll be fine" he says softly.

"So are you" I say quietly as he nods with a small smile on his lips. He looked as though he was thinking about something, taking a slow sip of his coffee. "What are you thinking about now" I laugh softly, smirking at how out of it he was.

My heart melted this time though, biting my lower lip as my eyes glisten at him. I smile widely at his answer, telling me how "maybe we can have one of our own someday" with a smile.

~~~~~~~

"Ni?" I fall fixing my hair into a messy ponytail, "are you ready?" I hum. I sit down on the edge of the bed, sliding on my black heeled shoes to compliment my outfit choice. I had black holographic leather trousers on with a zip at the front, a red lace bodysuit that left little to the imagination and a black oversized blazer to keep me slightly warm.

I lift my head hearing breath caught in somebody's throat, seeing Niall stood with his eyes wide. "I uh- I am ready" he states, clearing his throat whilst trying to keep his cool. "Shall we go darlin'?" He mumbles, holding out his hand as I take it happily, slipping out of the door with him.

We climb into the taxi being taken to the most prestigious club in New York, walking in together with my hand held firmly in his. I stand at the bar, ordering myself a vodka and lemonade with a smile, turning to look at Niall who stood in front of me. His hand lifted to touch my cheek with a soft smirk on his lips.

"You look insane" he mumbles, biting his lower lip. His thumb rubbed my cheek lightly as I feel his breath against my lips, smiling to myself at how amazing this man was. Just before his lips pressed to mine I heard a voice that was familiar. I turned my head as Niall groaned, cheering loudly at the sight of one of my former good friends.

"If it's not Liam Payne" I smirk, hugging him tightly as he chuckles, patting Niall's shoulder as he nods with a wide grin.

"Hey strangers" he laughs, grabbing another beer from the barman. "What brings you to New York?" He laughs as I raise my eyebrow to Niall.

"Time away" I nod slowly as he smiles happily, looking between the two of us. "What about you?" I smirk as he nods slowly.

"New single promotion" Liam nods, turning to Niall with raised eyebrows. "I heard about you too... FAIR PLAY mate" he nods, sipping his pint. "You've been pining over this girl for years" he laughs as Niall makes a hand gesture as if to say 'shut up'. "Seriously though, his is the relationship? The media's been pretty shitty to you I see" he smiles sadly, taking another sip of his drink.

"I mean it's not been an easy ride, but then I knew it wouldn't be... I mean, with the history of us and that she's got a kid with Harry, it was never going to be an easy relationship" Niall smiles, running a hand through his hair. "To be fair though mate, it's fully worth it... have you seen her" Niall groans as I stand at the bar ordering a round of shots for us all. I hand them out, smirking at Niall as his eyes scan over my body, taking everything in.

After taking them I smirk, grabbing Niall's hand to dance as Liam comes with us, heading to the floor. Familiar came on, Liam's new single. I smirk, moving my hips against Niall's as he chuckles, holding my hip lightly. I sip my drink, smirking as we begin to dance.

The night ended with the three of us having a few drinks, laughing and catching up on everything they had missed between each other over the last few years. We had found out more about Liam's son, how he was writing an album and how he had bought a house in California. Liam learnt about what Harry had done to me, how Niall had whisked me up and how we were in our own place now as a little family.

Two different people, United by one thing. Their love for music.