Chapter thirty-five

"How you doing love?" Louis sighs as he hands Becky a steaming mug of tea. He lifts her legs up, plopping on the sofa as her legs lay over his lap. His hand rested on her shin lightly, whilst his other hand held his mug as he learnt his head against the back of the sofa, looking over at the girl beside him. He took in every aspect of her, from the fact her hair had a small curl forming at the end of each individual strand, to the small bits of sleepy dust on the tear ducts of her eyes.

Becky sighed, her eyes falling to look at the bubbles in her mug of tea as she gave a sad smile, trying to convince the Yorkshire man that she was okay. She wasn't though. The man she thought she was in love with had broken her heart and she needed fixing. "I'm okay" she lied, looking up and smiling a little wider at him. It was a common lie told by thousands of people every single day, but also the biggest lie that could be seen through.

"I'm glad he's out of your hair now though" he says softly, playing with a stray string on her pyjama trousers as she looks at his hands. Her eyes locking on them as she smiles slightly.

"Me too I guess... I never saw who he really was at the start," she begins, lifting her eyes to look at Louis. "I should have listened to you all when you told me to be careful, you're my best friends for a reason" she says softly as he smiles sadly at her. Her mug was brought to her lips as he took a sip of his own.

"Thank you for this" Louis stared, gesturing to the cabin we were located in with a smile. "You really didn't have to do anything, especially on Christmas Eve" he says softly with a smile. Becky smiled at him, instantly feeling her heart flutter.

"It's your birthday, you deserve it" she says softly before her smiled faltered. "I've just realised... I have nowhere to be for Christmas" she says softly as she looks at her tea. Louis sighed slightly, running a hand through his messy bed hair.

"Come and spend it with me, I'm alone too this year" he says softly with a smile as she nods quickly, thanking him over and over. Louis and Becky lifts their heads as I walk down the hallway, seeming to of come out of Niall's room. I smile softly, walking over and hugging Louis around his shoulders, placing a kiss to his cheek.

"Happy birthday boyo" I tease as he laughs, rubbing my arm lightly. His hands were warm from being wrapped around his mug.

"Thanks woman" he teases as I pat his cheek, walking to the kitchen, during this time Niall had appeared out of the same door I came from, ruffling Louis' heat and shouting happy birthday to him. I smile, turning my body away to walk to the kitchen to make the fry up I had planned for breakfast.

I turn my head when I hear somebody walking into the room beside me. There stood Becky with her eyebrow raised and her arms folded across her jumper covered chest. "Why did you come from Niall's room?" She asks as I smile sweetly at her.

"I was returning his charger" I smile as her eyebrow lowers, looking at me with a nod, seeming to understand what was being said. "Since I have you here... I need a favour" I start as she sighs, rolling her eyes with a small smirk on her lips.

"What now" she groans as I slap her arm lightly, turning the sausages over. "If it involves time off then no, we need to pick this work back up soon" she sighs with a smile as I shake my head.

I look at the hob before turning back to her. "I actually need to know if you could pick Ariella up for me later? I need to whip back sooner than expected to finish the wrapping and hide everything so Niall is going to give me a lift home" I begin as she nods slowly. "I also cannot bear to see Harry, I'm still not happy with him and I'll end up arguing is I have to speak to him" I sigh as Becky nods slowly.

"Fine, when do you need to go?" She sighs as she looks over at Louis who was laughing with Niall. I felt my heart flutter when I catch eye contact with the Irishman, whos eyes were distinctly more blue after enduring morning sex this morning.