Chapter fifty-nine

I grumble a little as I roll over in the bed, feeling the mattress move beside me. I had my hand on my stomach, rubbing it lightly with a pout. Niall was stood up, sliding on his light blue jeans and a jumper as I sigh. "Where are you going?" I whine, reaching my arm across the bed to him. My eyes were glossy from the lack of sleep I had been graced with during the night. I didn't want him to go anywhere, I wanted him to stay in bed with me all day.

Niall sighed, leaning down to press his lips to my forehead as I whine again. "I'm just going to pop out and get you some bits to make you feel better darling" he says softly as I shake my head, gesturing to the bed that was now half empty. "Anything in particular you want? Juice? Biscuits? Paracetamol?" he asks as I shake my head again.

I had one request and one request only. "Stay and cuddle, that's all I need" I huff as he shakes his head with a sigh. I pout, rolling over to my back was to him. "I just feel sick Niall that's all and I've got a little bit of a fever, otherwise I'm fine" I sigh, "just cuddle me dammit!" I huff. My lower lip was pouted as I look at him.

"I have errands to run, then I'll be back and we can cuddle all afternoon... deal?" he asks as I groan and nod. "Are you sure it's just a stomach ache? You slept like rubbish last night" he continues, stroking my hair back from my forehead.

"Yes it is" I pout, "Fine, but be quick" I continue as I feel his lips lightly press to my head, giving me that sense of comfort I needed when I felt this shitty. I had no idea what was going on but I couldn't stop the feeling of my stomach churning. I didn't feel like I wanted to be sick, it just felt- weird. I turn my head when I hear the door of the bedroom open, thinking Niall had forgotten something.

Seconds later I felt a body climb onto the bed with a wide grin. I place my pillow down beside me with a smile, holding my arms open. There beside me, was the only other person to make me feel better when I didn't feel well. My daughter who was clutching a dvd in her hand with hopeful eyes. I nod, climbing out of bed slowly to put it on, crawling underneath the covers with her to cuddle up.

~~~~~~~

Niall pulled up to the apartment he knew well. It was around a fifteen minute drive from our home but it was a drive he'd grown accustomed to making while I was at work. He jumped out of the drivers side, heading for the door and opting for the lift instead of the stairs for a change. His heart was racing as he neared level seven. The metal doors open, revealing the large wooden door ahead of him with the silver knocker.

His hand held the knocker, tapping it against the door before taking a step back with his hands in his pockets. His blue eyes lifted when it opened, revealing a friend of his. Someone he had known a long time. They weren't expecting to see him though, at all. In fact, it was one of the last people they expected to see, especially after this amount of time.

"Niall? What are you doing here?" Harry asked as he opened the door a little wider. Niall looked up from his feet with a soft smile.

"I uh- I thought maybe I'd come over to catch up properly? It's been a while since it's been just us" Niall responded, running a hand over his stubble covered chin. He kept it short, occasionally letting it grow out to be a bit fluffier but never completely shaved it anymore.

Harry nodded, moving back to let the Irishman he'd known for many many years, into his apartment. "Excuse the mess, I was in the middle of tidying for when Grace comes over" Harry stated with a smile, clearly happy about the relationship he was now in.

"How's that all going?" Niall smiled, walking into the kitchen with a hum. He was lucky, we were tidy people anyway with Niall homing a little OCD in his veins. "I mean, it must be a couple of months now?" Niall urged as he sat at the dining table while Harry made the tea.

He nodded, smiling as he poured the water into the mugs with a smile. "Yeah it's going good, I mean, I see this lasting" Harry hummed, walking over with the mugs and handing one to Niall. "How is it with you? How's Soph" he hummed as Niall nodded.

"Yeah everything's good" he stated slowly before taking a deep breath. "That's- that's actually who i'm here to talk to you about..." Niall said slowly, watching Harry's eyes lift to connect with his.

~~~~~~~

"Darling, I'm home" Niall calls through the door, turning into the living room. It was empty, and untouched. The cushions were still fluffed on the sofa and the lid still on the candle. The television remotes were still sitting side by side on the coffee table. His feet moved him to the kitchen, noticing nothing different except the plate Ariella uses sitting on the training board, air drying.

He opened the fridge to grab one of his many cans of water, placing the bag of item's he had picked up from the shop on the counter, running a hand through his hair. He was confused, not hearing anything at all. His feet continued to the stairs, walking up them slowly after checking to see if the bathroom door was locked.

His feet continued up the stairs, opening the bedroom door to find a sight that made his heart absolutely melt. The sound of Frozen was playing quietly in the room as the bed was totally occupied. The thought of why we were watching the film without him crossed hi mind, a little more than the sight of his girlfriend and her daughter led in bed.

My arm was over Ariella's waist, holding her close to me as she cuddled against my side. My face had brightened up now, enjoying this time with my daughter having a nap. We did this sometimes, but with the lack of sleep I had had last night, this was the perfect chance. The bed dipped, signaling Niall laying down with us. He never said a word, just simply wrapped his arm around and pulled both of his girls close to him.

Moments like this he cherished and made him excited to start his own family with the woman he was so heavily in love with that sometimes, it made his heart hurt.

~~~~~~~

"I still can't believe you watched Frozen without me" Niall sighed, placing the glass in front of me. I shake my head with a small chuckle as I hug my knees against my chest, looking at the sunset over London. "How are you feeling now beautiful?" he asked quietly as I nod slowly, turning my head to look at him with a smile on my lips.

"When you watch it five times in a row, it's not as fun as it looks" I laugh, running a hand through my hair. "I feel okay though, better than this morning" I hum as he tilts my head back to press a light kiss to my lips. "I love you" I hum happily, feeling him press multiple kisses to my lips.

He took a seat beside me with his spare hand finding mine that was dangling by the chair. "I love you too" he smiled, taking a sip of his glass of rose. "I'm happy you know? Like, really happy" he says softly. I simply nod, keeping my eyes focused on the the man who was now glowing in the sunset. His hair looked blonder than normal form the sun and his skin had a gorgeous glow to it that made his eyes pop and every feature look even more gorgeous, if that was even possible.

"I'm really happy to Ni" I breathe out, squeezing his hand lightly as he took a deep breath, placing his rose down to run a hand through his hair.

"I mean I'm really, really happy," he said quietly as his eyes watched the planes flying into London City airport. "I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you someday, and have our own little family to make Ariella a big sister" he said softly. "I just enjoy being a family man Soph and there's nobody else I would want to share that with" he hums as I look down at my knees against my stomach.

"Niall I want that too" I say softly, keeping my eyes on him as I feel tears fill them lightly. It was a perfect moment, one that led neither of us to say another word about it. We simply stayed holding hands for a while before spending some time playing games and enjoying each other's company.

He was definitely the man who had my heart, and he hadn't left any piece of it behind to be broken or shattered. It's like he'd taken it and bubble wrapped it, with a label on it to make sure nothing happened to it. He was a family man now, and he's heart and soul were invested in it.