Chapter thirty

"Where's this one going?" Niall mumbles, carrying a large brown box which causing the sweat to build on his forehead. He looked good to say the least. I point to the kitchen as he nods, placing it down gently before taking a large gulp of his drink on the side. Becky was collecting Ariella from nursery today so that I could unpack and get everything settled. She thought it was just me at least, Niall was here too, since it was our new house together.

I walk over to him, placing my hands to his chest as he looks down at me, resting his arms on my shoulders. "Thank you" I say softly as he cocks an eyebrow at me, a look that always made me smile.

"For what?" He hums, looking into my eyes with a cheeky smile, pressing a kiss to my forehead.

"For helping move everything over" I start as he nods, beginning to speak before catching him off guard. "Also, for making me extremely happy" I say softly as he chuckles, gently pressing a kiss to my lips.

"It's my pleasure, you're everything I've wanted" he shrugs, smiling down at me before kissing me again lightly. I move away from him with a smile, opening the box that had mugs inside.

"My favourite box" I grin, heading for the right cupboard as Niall smiles, taking another sip of his drink. Today's outfit simply consisted of a pair of leggings and Niall's button up shirt which was oversized on me. I place the mugs in the cupboard, standing on my tiptoes as I reach upwards.

"How did I make you mine" he says quietly, my heart flipping when I heard him, even though he wouldn't have wanted me to. So I said nothing, making it discreet that I'd never heard his words.

~~~~~~~

"Mummy, are we decorating for Halloween?" Ariella asks on our way home from Becky's. I had gone on my own so Becky didn't notice Niall was with me to go back to mine. I look in the rear view mirror, smiling softly as she sat clutching her picture of a ghost. It was later in the afternoon now and the rooms we needed unpacked had been, but we still had things to do yet.

"Yes baby we will, everything is at home," I start as she smiles happily. "I think Ni has started getting things ready for you to carve the pumpkin with him" I finish as she claps happily, looking out of the window.

"I'm excited mummy" she says happily, turning her head to look to me as I smile. "We can go trick or treating too! Is Nini coming too?" She asks as I nod causing her to shout happily. "I love nini mummy" she says softly as my heart melts at her sentence. A few moments later and we turned into the driveway, the wheels turning over the gravel as the gates closed behind us.

I climb out of the car, lifting Ariella out as we head to the front door with a smile. Her mouth dropped as we headed inside, looking around at everything around her. Some things old, some things new, but everything in perfect place. She walked to the kitchen, squealing when she saw Niall, running at him as he chuckles and lifts her up. "Hey squirt! Ready to do the pumpkin?" He chuckles as she nods quickly, sitting down on the bar stool as I lean on the worktop with a smile.

"I'll leave you guys to it" I say softly, Niall nodding at me with a smile as I head to the bedroom, looking around with a smile. I look at the bed, something so simple warming my heart, knowing I wouldn't be sleeping alone at the moment for a while now.

~~~~~~~

"Ready?" I grin, standing beside Niall and Ariella with a smile as the camera took the photo. We were dressed as a group for tonight's escapades, with Niall in a batman suit with a mask on his face and head so you had no idea who it was. Ariella was in a wonder woman dress with her hair in pigtails and I was in a superwoman dress with knee high red boots.

I move forward, looking at the photo with a grin, taking a few more with them both before posting to Instagram. 'The time is always right to do what is right' is what I posted at the caption, smiling softly at Niall as I did so. He was right for me and I knew everything was going to be perfect with him.

We had chosen to keep the public romances on the low tonight, just in case somebody recognised him. I smile softly, kissing him lightly before we walk out of the door. I take Ariella's hand as she walks beside me and Niall, her spare hand holding her bucket for sweets as we head out of the building to the houses down the street.

"Remember what to say squirt?" Niall asks, flicking her pigtail as she nods up at him.

"Trick or treat" she smiles as Niall gives her the thumbs up, looking over at me as my boots click across the pavement. I always went trick or treating when I was younger, and now to do this with my own daughter was everything to me. I hadn't been with Harry since he was always busy when we were together with her and I really did not want to go on my own.

"You've got it" he smiles, touching her arm as we get to the first house, her small body walking up the pavement with me as I crouch beside her when the door open revealing an old lady.

"Trick or treat!" She shouts happily as the lady chuckles, looking between the three of us as she gives Ariella her candy.

"Aren't you just a beautiful family" she smiles as we nod with a smile.

"What do you say baby?" I smile softly, touching her back as she waves goodbye to the lady.

"Thank you and goodbye!" She cheers, skipping off down the pavement leaving the lady chuckling to herself.

"See, we are good together" Niall mumbles in my ear with a smile. "You also look good in that dress... please keep it on later" he teases as I laugh softly, shoving him as Ariella appears, holding her hand up to Niall to hold onto.

Maybe we really were now a little family?

~~~~~~~

We arrived home later that evening, with Niall carrying a sleeping Ariella in his arms. Her head was laid on his shoulder with my arms around his neck and legs around his waist as I smile, unlocking the door to what was now our home. That still felt strange to say.

I walk into the kitchen, putting the kettle on and grabbing two mugs as Niall took Ariella to her room, helping her to out on her pyjamas before tucking her in. She didn't need a story tonight since she was back asleep in seconds when she got into her bed. Niall then appeared in the kitchen, leaning on the doubter beside me as I stir his tea, putting the teabags into the bin.

"Thanks darlin'" he says softly, taking a sip with a smile. "Can't believe this is ours" he says softly, he says looking around the room as I nod, leaning against the island opposite him with a smile. My eyes stayed on him as a soft smile formed on my red lips.

"I can't believe you're mine" I say softly as his eyes moved to me, wide as I sat on the counter. "I heard you earlier today Ni, it was cute" I say softly as he looks down and runs a hand through his hair.

"You weren't meant to hear it" he mumbles as I chuckle quietly.

"It really was lovely Ni, made me feel so much better" I say softly as he moves forward, resting his hands on my thighs after placing his mug down. "I can't believe it though" I say softly, holding his face in my hands as he looks up to me.

"You look beautiful" he says softly, running his hands up and down the skin with a smile. "The red lipstick looks good on you" he says softly as I blush, smiling softly as his hands stop moving. "Is it that shit that doesn't move or smear?" He says softly as I nod, raising my eyebrow. "I wanna test it" he teases, pressing his lips to mine, moving them slowly in sync. His tongue ran slowly along my bottom lip causing me to shiver slightly at the action. I gladly returned this, moving our mouths and tongues in sync.

"I love you" I whisper as we pull away out of breath. My eyes locking on his as he smirks softly.

"I love you too" he whispers, pressing his lips to mine again. We knew where this was going, especially when he gestured for me to jump down. My hand took his and led him to the bedroom, giggling as we did so. A laugh left my lips with a small groan when his hand made contact with my bum as we walk up the stairs and into the bedroom, closing the door behind us. "My god you're so beautiful" he whispers, laying on top of me on the bed as I giggle.

"You're not so bad yourself Horan" I say softly.

"I can't wait to make that your last name" he smirks as I raise my eyebrow.

"Is that so" I tease as he nods, peppering kisses down my neck.

"Why wouldn't I want somebody as beautiful as you on my arm forever" he smirks as I groan softly. Our cup of teas now long forgotten.