Chapter fourty-seven

A groan leaves Becky's lips as she sits on the sofa, resting her head in her hands behind her. "Are you ready if you so desperately need to come?" She whines, closing her eyes as Louis suddenly bounces behind her with a squish of her cheeks.

"Yes" he says simply, skipping off to the door as Becky rolls her eyes, standing up slowly. She was still recovering slightly so she was a little wobbly, hence the reason Louis wanted to accompany her to the office today. Louis grabbed his car keys, opening the door for her as she smiles, stepping down the steps of his flat as he locks the door.

Her hand opened the handle of the door, shutting it closed once she was sat in the seat. "I don't know why you need to come with me" Becky mumbles, looking out of the window as Louis shifts the car into gear. "I'm perfectly fine" she huffs as Louis scoffs with a smirk on his face.

"You had to sit down in the shower, I don't think you're completely ready to be let back into the wild on your own" he teases as she rolls her eyes at him.

"I'm not an animal... besides, I was tired so it seemed logical" she shrugs, watching him drive down the familiar streets. Becky hadn't been this way for a little while, and wouldn't be except she had important paperwork she needed to fill in and send off regarding my Victoria's Secret project.

Louis shook with head with a chuckle, patting her knee before pulling into the large office block. Becky's office block for her company. It was still crazy to her that she owned this place, and that her own company resides in this building. This had been a dream of hers for so many years, and now it was a reality.

A smile was sent to the lady on the reception desk as Becky walked through the corridor, stepping into a lift beside Louis. Becky was suitable for work, wearing a black wrap around blazer-dress with a pair of black slip on heels. Louis on the other hand had his jeans and a hoodie on, giving a totally different vibe. The elevator moved, stopping at the top floor where her office was situated.

A squeal left her assistants lips as Becky stepped through the first door. "You're back!" She shouts, standing up as Becky smiles widely, hugging her tightly with a raised eyebrow.

"Mel, i'd like you to meet Louis" Becky smiles as Louis shakes Mel's hand politely. "He's the one putting me up since dickhead" Becky smirks, looking at Louis who's eyes were wide at the language between Becky and her assistant.

"Pleasure" Mel smiles before coming out from around the desk and walking into the office with Becky. "So you've had phone calls from Victoria's Secret, Hugo Boss and Calvin Klein" she says, counting on her fingers. "There's letters for you in your rack, you've had a couple of deliveries too and that paperwork you needed posting has been sent" she smiles as Becky nods.

"This is why you're the best" Becky smiles, sitting down in her desk with a huff sound. "Go and take a break Mel, I'm here for a while now" Becky states as Mel nods, walking out of the room and closing the door. "Have a seat Lou, make a coffee, do as you please, I need to make a couple of phone calls" Becky mumbles, picking up the phone with a groan.

~~~~~~~

A knock was heard on Becky's door as she placed the phone down, raising her eyebrow. "Louis you don't have to-" she starts before her eyebrows raise. It wasn't Louis. Her eyes widened at the sight of the man stood before her with a small smile on his lips, and his hands stuffed into his pockets. "Taylor?" She asks as he nods slowly, "what are you doing here?".

Taylor sighs softly, stepping inside the room and closing the door. "I heard you had been ill, I just wanted to check you were okay" he says softly as she nods with a small smile. "I still care about you..." he whispers as she sighs.