Chapter thirty-four

"This is going to be a long night away" I say softly as I lay my head back against the headrest of the car. Becky was inside of the petrol station to grab a drink since we were on the long drive to Doncaster to a log cabin for Louis' birthday tomorrow. "We won't be able to share a bed or anything... we'll just have to make the most of the moments alone we have, if we get any" I say softly feeling his hand squeeze my thigh lightly.

"I know babe, but it's one night... we can make it work" he says softly as I nod with a smile. "Just remember, tomorrow we can head home and finish getting ready for Christmas" he says softly as I nod with a smile. "Beck's coming back now so when we get there and we get a chance, you can have the biggest cuddle okay?" he says softly as I nod with a smile, feeling it falter slightly when he moves his hand away from my leg.

My hand rests on the now empty spot that felt cold, looking down at it as Becky climbed back into the backseat. "What are you talking about?" she smiles as Niall pulls away from the petrol station, my eyes looking out of the passenger side window.

"Just making sure Louis knows where he's going" Niall smiles as Becky nods at him. She had arranged it all in preparation for his birthday tomorrow. We had cancelled a boozy night out until the new year because of how much the boys had going on and what with having to drive home tomorrow so it just wasn't worth it. We had booked a cabin for the night though with a hot tub on the patio that had a restaurant at the top of the area and a few walks around the wooded area.

"I'm really excited" Becky smiles, looking out of the window as I turn to look at Niall, smiling softly as he briefly looks my way also. "I just hope he's surprised" Becky sighs softly as I nod, knowing he would be.

~~~~~~

"I still can't believe this guys, thank you so much for this" Louis smiles as he stands in the living room of the log cabin. Louis places his hand around his beer with a smile, looking at the three people standing before him. There were four bedrooms in this cabin, meaning we all had a bedroom each. "I'm going to go and put my bag away" he says softly as we nod, Louis heading into the bedroom to place his bag down.

"I'm thinking of ordering a pizza in, maybe we can have a couple of beers and jump in that hot tub?" Becky smiles as I nod, agreeing with the idea. "I bought a pack of cards with me so I thought maybe we could play that?" she continues as I nod again, sitting down on the sofa as Niall sits on the arm chair across from me.

"Beck, stop panicking, it's all going well" I say softly as she sighs with a nod. "I'll order the food now, you go and grab him a beer and we can get the night going" I say softly. By now it was five in the evening so we were all getting a little hungry. "I'm going to go and unpack some of my stuff, food will be here in about half an hour" I smirk as Becky smiles, putting some wood inside of the fire to warm us all up. I stand up, heading down the hall and into my bedroom, leaning against the door with a smile. This was going to be an amazing night away with my best friends and the greatest boyfriend I had ever had.

I began to put my clothes away, leaving my strapless white bikini out on the bed with a smile. I knew it was one that drove Niall mad, which is the whole reason I brought it with me. I turn my head when I hear a knock on the door, finding myself sat on the bed looking at a photo I had taken from my bag. A photo of myself and Ariella when she was born, something I always brought with me when I went away. My eyes met blue, being taken back by Niall's eyes for the millionth time. "Dinner's here" he says softly, stepping in the room slightly, "You've been in here a while" he says quietly as I step forward, ghosting my lips over his as he smiles, touching my cheek lightly.

My love.

~~~~~~~

"Bastard" Louis mumbles, taking another swig of his beer as he threw his cards on the floor having lost yet another hand. "You're cheating here" he mutters looking at Becky with a playful scowl. I laugh softly, sipping my own beer as I lean against the armchair behind me. My eyes glistened as they looked at Becky, seeing the wide smile on her lips as she laughed happily with us all. I hadn't seen her this happy in a long time and it made me beyond pleased to see that she was letting her hair down and having some fun.