Chapter 2. Want My Number?

Jesse's POV

I wake up at 4:00 A.m.. As usual. I sit up in bed and rub my eyes, trying to pull myself out of the nightmare I just had. "Fuck," I groan. I jump out of bed and head for the shower. The hot water spills over my back as I press my hands to the tile. Thank god this is the last day of school.

The guys are planning to throw a party at my place tonight. My mother is going to California to stay with her boyfriend for two weeks.

Richard is an okay guy she met him through my aunt Laurie she worked with him on a couple of building sites. Richard is an Architect like my aunt Laurie who is a lesbian. Her wife, Jackie, is a real estate agent.

After cleaning up, I get out of the shower to dry off and get dressed. Its already 4:30 A.M. The last thing I put on is my cross necklace that was my father's, and my two rings. One of them, my grandfather's and the other my father's.

Once downstairs, I start a pot of coffee, and I'm not a morning person. As I lean against the kitchen island waiting for the coffee to get done, I hear someone behind me. I jump in surprise and turn around. "Oh, it's just you. Scared the shit out of me ma," I say, looking at my mother, who is smirking at me.

"Good morning Mi Hijo (my son)," She says.

"What time does your flight leave?" I ask.

"Noon. I ask that you keep up with the place, dear. I'm sure Opie and Jordy will help you, yeah?" She asks, sounding worried. I know she hates leaving me alone. Not because she doesn't think I can handle it, I'm nearly eighteen. She worries about my social habits. I don't date. I've never had a girlfriend. I just have sex. My mom doesn't know I've had sex, though. It's not something I feel the need to share with her. However, she thinks she messed up raising me because I'm so closed off.

"Yeah, ma, don't worry. I got it covered," I tell her as I lean over to kiss her on the cheek.

"You are up early, aren't you? Bad dreams again?" She asks worriedly.

"No, I'm fine. I just wanted to get out and feed the horses before school." I sigh as I lean back against the counter. My mother knows I have nightmares. I've been having them since I was eight years old. I pour my mom's coffee, hand it to her, pour my own, and head for the door. "Have a safe flight, mom. I love you. Shoot me a text when you make it to L.A."

"I will, honey, you stay out of trouble." She says sternly, I chuckle and nod. Like that is possible. I've been getting into trouble since I could walk and talk. Trouble also seems to find me very easily. People are always picking fights with me. It's like people have something to prove.

Everyone in Atlanta knows who I am. I've earned a bit of a reputation for the fights I've been in. I have taken guys down twice my size with no problems. I've been jumped by several guys at once and come out on top. The undefeated Jesse James Parker Junior. Just like his father, a badass, not one to fuck with.

The whole sleeping with whoever I feel like isn't helping my bad reputation either, but the problem is I don't give a fuck what people think of me.

By the time I get done feeding the horses and checking the fences where the beef cattle are It's time to leave. I head for the shed where my bike is. It was my father's bike before me. A 1989 Harley Davidson black in color. I love this bike. I've been riding since I was fourteen. Not that I was supposed to be, but I don't care.

Once I kick the bike to life, I back it out of the shed. I put the kickstand down and go close the shed door.

When I reach the end of my driveway, Jordy and Opie are there on their bikes also.