Chapter 38. Fight

Mia's POV

I've noticed everyone staring at Jesse and me all day. People definitely shy away from Jesse. I'm not exactly sure if it's because of what happened with Marcus or because Jesse is just intimidating. Jesse and I did things during lunch. If I even let myself go there, I'm going to want to do it again. I force myself to stop thinking about it, Jesse and I are now back at school.

We still have a class together, but after that, I won't be with him until the end of the day. Jesse and I head off to History class together, as people stare at us. I'm seriously beginning to think people need to get a life. They're whispering, talking about us. I can't hear what they're saying. I'm not so sure I even want to know.

Jesse doesn't seem bothered by it. Obviously, Jesse is used to people acting this way around him. I should be used to it by now, maybe. People that don't hang around him seem to act like this.

Just then, I heard a younger boy say, "I heard that he killed someone and got away with it."

Another boy whispers back to him, "I heard he killed his dad when he was a kid too."

"Maybe ya'll should take a fucking picture," I hiss stopping right in front of the two boys. They're mouths drop into an 'O' shape.

"Come on, baby. It's fine," Jesse speaks, pulling me away. The boys are scared now looking at Jesse like he's a serial killer. We head into our class, leaving the boys in shock behind us.

Jesse is sitting behind me again, playing with my hair again and, of course, not paying attention. It amazes me he is so smart and has never been held back. He almost acts as if there is nothing he can learn in class, so he just does as he pleases.

We head back to the lockers once history is done. I head off to my next class with Lily. It's just a computer class. Jesse has Shop class, and he is texting me again.

Jesse: Hey, baby, I'm bored.

Me: Jesse, you are in shop class. How are you bored?

Jesse: Because he is talking about is shit. I already know how to do, like welding.🙄

Me: You can weld?🤨

Jesse: Yes 😎

Me: Of course you can, you can do everything. I asked Lily if you've ever failed because you never pay attention in class. She tells me you have a 4.0 GPA. How in the fuck?🤨

Jesse: I do have a 4.0 GPA. I'm a smart guy. Don't be jealous boo. 🤣

Me: Clearly... Jerk.🙄

Jesse: Babe...💕

Me: Yes?🤨

Jesse: Your breasts remind me of Mount Rushmore; my face should be among them.

Me: JESSE STOP! LOL

Jesse: Let's play carpenter, first we'll get hammered, and then I'll nail you.

Me: You are a freak.

Jesse: Are you a cowgirl? because I can see you riding me ;) lol

Me: can we have this conversation after school? lol

Jesse: do you work at subway? cause you just gave me a foot-long

I've had it with his pick up lines. I'm trying so hard not to laugh in class. Lily is wondering what is going on, and I tell her the crap Jesse is texting me.

Me: I may not go down in history, but I'll go down on you.

Jesse: promise? ;)

Me: I wish you were soap so I could feel you all over me.

Jesse: Alright, that's it. Knock it off. You are making me hard for real. 😲

After that, I stop messaging him. I'm chuckling as I show Lily what I'd said to him. She started laughing with me. After that, I paid attention the rest of the class. I went straight over to the Gym after that because I knew where it was. We don't dress out for gym for the day, but we're told what we need to bring. We get told to get into groups of four. So I go over to Jordy, Noah, and Frank. People stare at me as I walk my way over to them.

"Why the hell are people staring at me?" I ask the boys.

"You are Parker's girl, and it is all over the school," Frank explains to me.

"Why is it such a big deal?" I arch a brow.

"Come on, Mia, you already know if you think about it. You are Jesse's first actual girlfriend," Jordy tells me.

"Not to mention he did kill Marcus, and everyone knows about it," Frank adds.

Oh yeah, I guess that is sort of a good reason, but still..."I still don't see how that matters?" I ask.

"Mia, Jesse is legendary in this high school. People don't fuck with him and the ones that do wish they hadn't," Noah explains.

"Not to mention that everybody sees you hanging around us as well. Now know that we clearly are your friends too," Jordy says.

"Actually," Frank starts. "Everyone also seems to know that Jordy is your brother too."

"Really?" Jordy and I ask together. Frank and Noah nod.

"Mia, you've seen him fight. The guy is like a fucking bulldozer. He takes men on three times his size and doesn't break a sweat," Frank says.

"Some of the rumors aren't true, though," Jordy says.

"I just think it's stupid-" I get cut off by someone yelling in the hall right outside the gym. Then we hear a bunch of voices gathering around chanting "fight fight fight." The boys and I look at each other confused. We run into the hallway. I make my way through the noisy crowd.

It's Jesse and Damon in the middle of the hallway fighting. As far as I can tell, Jesse is winning, as usual. I run into the middle of the fight. Jesse has Damon on the ground punching him over and over again. I grab onto his arm and start pulling at him.

"Jesse!" The second he hears my voice, he stops midswing. "Jesse, please stop! You're going to get into trouble!" I beg him. He sighs and climbs off of Damon, but it's too late. The principal is standing there.

Somebody says, "Whoa, she got him to stop."

"You three my office now," The principal says.

"Sir, she didn't do anything," Jesse tells him.

"Come on now!" The principal growls.

So we all head to the office, even Damon. Though he is having a hard time walking. We sit down in three chairs across from the principal. I'm in between the boys, which is probably better. It's incredibly awkward, though.

"What is going on?" Principal Jenkins asks.

"Damon is angry with me," Jesse says."He said things out of anger. It pissed me off, so I hit him."

"Why is he angry with you, Jesse?" Jenkins asks.

"Because I killed his cousin Marcus," Jesse says. Jenkins looks completely blown away. Clearly, he hadn't known about it or maybe didn't know the connection.

"The situation with the teenager on the news?" Jenkins asks.

"Yes," Jesse says.

"I see, well, I am sorry for your loss Damon, but you can not harass Jesse over the situation. He was found innocent. He had to shoot the other boy in self-defense. He hasn't done anything wrong," Jenkins explains.

"Why were you standing in the middle of it?" Jenkins asks me.

"Um..." I trail off.

"She's my girlfriend, she was just trying to stop the fight," Jesse mutters.

"I see. Well, all three of you go back to class and stop fighting. Next time I will suspend you," Jenkins says.