Chapter 24. All I Need

Mia's POV

I'm halfway across the lawn with Jordy and Lily trailing behind me as Jesse runs out the front door with a look of panic on his face. He stops and stares at us, confusion, anger, and fear, all twisting his features.

"Jess?" I ask worriedly.

"What the fuck?!" He booms.

"Jesse, calm down. I called Jordy and Lily to come get me. I just wanted out of the house. I've been up since eight o'clock. I needed to get away from the house, so I went up to Jordy's," I explain, feeling guilty. I didn't even think he'd wake up he was up later than me.

He slowly begins to walk towards me as I walk towards him.

He embraces me, "How could you do that to me? You could have left me a note or a text or something, Mia! I mean, come on, what the hell were you thinking? Especially after what happened last night," He says breathlessly.

"I'm sorry," I tell him. "Your right, I should have left you a note letting you know. I didn't mean to scare you," I apologize.

He sighs, running a hand through his hair. "Is everyone up to date on what happened then?"

"Yes."

"Okay, let's go inside," Jesse says.

Jordy and Lily follow us into the house. As we sit down in the living room, Lily speaks first. "God, I knew that fucking bitch was crazy but, damn! How are you feeling?" She asks Jesse.

"I'm fine," He mutters. "I'm still dumbfounded about what happened. I can't believe it was her who set the fire. I figure Damon to be capable of something like that, but not Ashley."

"Well, Damon is still a problem too, man. I wouldn't take that threat lightly by any means," Jordy tells Jesse.

"I know." Jesse throws his head in his hands, rubbing his face. It's something he does when he gets overwhelmed. "But Jesus Christ, I can't turn around every time I step forward. You know?"

"I hear ya, man," Jordy says.

"So I got a check from dad for you, Mia. It's for seven thousand. He wants you to take it and get a vehicle with it. Plus, whatever you have saved. He said he isn't taking no for an answer anymore. You should take it. He doesn't back down easy," Jordy chuckles.

"Really?" I sighed, shaking my head. "He's more persistent than I thought."

Jordy laughs. "Just take it. It's not nearly as much as he has spent on me over the years."

"Your probably right. I need to stop putting it off, let's go car shopping."

***

We get to the dealership, and I find exactly what I want. After the paperwork is all done up, Jordy and Lily head back toward's Jordy's. Jesse and I head to the car. As we drive to Jordy's, Jesse plays with the radio.

I'm getting less nervous about driving through Atlanta now, and it was pretty easy to find my way back towards Jesse's. We pull up, and I see my dad walking outside. He whistles, smiling at my car. I laugh at my dad's reaction. Jesse and I walked toward my dad. I walk straight into his arms.

"Thanks, Dad," I hug him.

"That is a pretty nice car you got," he smiles at me.

"I love it. It drives good too. Radio is really loud, too," I inform him. My dad laughs when I look back at Jesse and roll my eyes.

"I don't know, I think it could use some subs," Jesse jokes.

We don't stay long at my dad's. I figured I better take Jesse home and go spend some time with my mom. Besides, I have to work tomorrow from eight in the morning to four in the afternoon.

After we get back to Jesse's I, turn the car off. When I turn to kiss him goodbye, I stop because he is looking at me worriedly. "What's wrong?" I ask him.

He sighs in frustration, runs his hand through his hair a few times.

"I don't know," He pauses and looks at me. "It's just after everything that has happened, I'm kind of afraid to be away from you."

"Jesse, you'll be fine. Just keep the doors loc-" He interrupts me.

He's staring at me in disbelief. "Damn it, Mia, stop it! It isn't me I am worried about! I've been through enough fucking shit in my life that, to be honest, I'm not scared of dying. I know that when time is up, then time is up. I'm scared something is going to happen to you. I also know that god forbid if something does it is going to be my fault!" He growls, balling his fist up.

"Jesse, I will be fine. I mean seriously all I'm doing is driving straight home. What's the worst that can happen? Besides, I know your level of driving expertise. I'm sure if something goes wrong, I can text you and you could be there in like 3 minutes," I tease. Trying to lighten the mood might not have been the right choice.

He scoffs. "You're full of shit woman, and even if I could a lot can happen in three minutes."

I lean over to kiss him. He grips the back of my neck, tangling his fingers into my hair. He smashes his lips forcefully to mine. If the center council weren't in the way, I'd be pressed against him. I'm almost debating on climbing into his lap. I don't want to break the kiss.

Jesse pulls away first. His gaze meets mine as he rubs his thumb over my bottom lip. "You're all I need," He breathes. "Nothing is more important to me than you." What he says takes my breath away, and he knows it.

He smirks at me, jumps out of the car, and walks toward the front door I wait till he goes in to pull out of his driveway. When I get back to town, I notice a vehicle sitting in the driveway and someone on my steps. I quickly text Jesse first.

Me: I made it home.

Jesse: Okay, baby. 😘

I get out of my car and approach my house. When I reach the stairs, the person looks up at me. I gasp in shock and stumble backward's. "W-what are you doing here?" I stutter. 

(Mia's Car)