Chapter 49. Family

MIA'S POV

We go back downstairs, where Alyssa sits in the kitchen. I go in there and grab another beer from the fridge, walking right past her. When I turn around, she is right in my face. She's just about to punch me, but someone catches her arm mid-swing.

It's Chrissy. "You listen to me you stupid bitch, if you lay a fucking hand on her I swear to god it'll be the last thing you do!" Chrissy shouts.

"Are you threatening me?" Alyssa asks.

Chrissy grabs Alyssa by the throat, slamming her into the fridge, and chuckles."Oh, no sweetheart, I am promising you." Alyssa now looks petrified. Chrissy lets go of Alyssa. Alyssa quickly walks out of the house. Chrissy turns around and smiles at me.

"Thanks," I whisper. Chrissy hugs me and laughs.

"Anytime, that's what family is for," She smiles.

For the first time, I realized, these guys aren't just friends. They are family. Now they're my family too. I didn't realize until after all the drama tonight just how close I'd become with all of them. Not just Jesse, but I do love all of them. Not just Jordy because he is my brother and not just Lily because she is my cousin. I love Opie, Chrissy, Noah, Frank, Kelly, and Nicky.

I'd never fit in that well with most people. I fit in with these guys, all of them. As different as we are in some ways, we're similar in the most important ways. Noah walks into the kitchen, just now looking around confused and then looks at our evil little faces.

"Ah shit, you two ladies didn't kill her, did you? I mean Jesus, I leave ya'll alone for two minutes," Noah says.

Chrissy and I burst into laughter. "She's on the back porch," Chrissy says through a fit of laughter.

"I got her booked to fly out tomorrow at seven in the morning," Noah says. "Could you guys let her live until then?" Noah asks.

"Chill Noah, it's fine, you know as long as she quits fucking with us," Chrissy says.

"What happened now?" Noah asks in confusion.

"She almost punched Mia in the face. Mia walked in to get a beer from the fridge. Mia didn't say shit. Mia didn't even look at her, and Alyssa walked up behind her. I caught Alyssa mid-swing and told her I'd fuck her up," Chrissy explains.

Noah shakes his head. "Sorry, Mia," Noah says as he heads for the side porch where Alyssa is at.

***

Noah's POV

I walk out onto the porch where Alyssa is. I just don't get it. I thought things between us were solid and good. I can't believe she treated my family like this. She has a lot of nerve because every single one of them girls in there have each other's backs, and they will fuck her up. "Alyssa, I think you should come inside it's cold. I got you a flight home tomorrow at seven in the morning, so we're going to have to be up early." My voice is careless.

She spins around, and she is crying. "Noah I made a mistake, please forgive me." She steps forward, pleading with me. She runs her hands up my chest, but I catch both her hands in one of mine and push them away. I've been with Alyssa for about two months now. I was really starting to like her. She had the same sense of humor as me, but I wasn't in love with her, and she doesn't blow me away.

I've talked to Jesse before. How he talks about Mia ever since the very first night he saw her, she blew him away. He said it was like being paralyzed. I don't feel that way over Alyssa.

"It's over, Alyssa. We're not right for each other. I forgive you, but I will never take you back. My family hates you. You tried to come between all of us... Did you really think that was going to work?" I ask her. My voice is full of disbelief and disgust.

"They aren't even your family, Noah!" She yells at me.

"Yes, they are. I grew up with most of the people in that house, Alyssa! Did you really think I'd believe that Jesse would go after you?" I ask her and laugh.

She stares at me in confusion and steps away from me slowly. I stalk toward her as I speak. I'm just letting my anger flow freely now. I hope it hurts her to hear it, but it is still true. "Jesse would never do that to me or any of his friends. Not to mention..." I trail off with an evil smirk. "I mean really have you seen Amelia? She's a better-looking girl than you are Alyssa, sorry to say..." I trail off, trying not to laugh. I watch the anger, jealousy, and hatred spread across her face.

"She is not prettier than me. She's fucking fat!" she screams, and I laugh.

"You are a stick, Alyssa. Mia is curvy...like Model curvy." I chuckle. That did it. She comes up and slaps me across the face. I look back at her with a clenched jaw. "Pack your shit Alyssa you are leaving. Do you know what I find pathetic? When you realized that you couldn't have Jesse, you ran right back to me. I have to admit I never really took you for a slut," I say, shrugging and putting my hands into my pockets.

"I'm not a slut! I was attracted to him! I couldn't help it, but I'm attracted to you too Noah, I just-" She says, but I cut her off.

"God Alyssa just shut up that's gross. You can have the bedroom tonight, and I'll crash on the couch because there is no way in hell I'm sleeping beside you tonight," I growl.

"You are such an asshole," She mutters.

"Hell, I thought I was being rather nice, considering you just cheated on me," I grunt.

"It was just a peck," She argues.

"It was just a peck because Jesse shoved you off of him." I don't even want to hear it anymore. I go back into the cabin, slamming the door shut. I turn around, and all the girls are staring at me worriedly, including Cammy. Alyssa walks into the house, and Cammy walks up to her. Cammy does the last thing I expect. She slaps her best friend across the face.

"I can't believe you whore'd around on him like that! You can stay the fuck away from me! You promised me you wouldn't try breaking up anyone! You said that you liked Noah!" She turns around and storms out of the kitchen. The girls and I all watch Cammy in surprise.

"Similar where it counts," Mia says, tilting her beer to me and then taking a sip of it.

I smile at her. "You good?"

"Yeah, I'm good." She smiles back at me. She comes up and kisses my cheek. "You can do better anyways," She says and gives Alyssa a dirty grin. Mia turns around and walks away. I laugh. Alyssa tries going after Mia, but I grab hold of her.

"I don't think so," I say to her, as she looks back at me pure rage in her eyes. I just grin wider at her.