Chapter 34. End of Summer

Mia's POV

It's been a month since I moved in with Jesse, and nothing's really changed. It's finally the end of the summer and were throwing an end of the summer party. It's Saturday, and we start school on Monday. Jesse's picking his mom up at the airport, and I even invited my mom over. I warned her Bryan and Rachel would be here too and to be kind. After it's over Jesse and I are going into town to see a late movie.

"Need some help?" Kelly asks as her, Chrissy, and Lily walk into the kitchen.

"Hell yeah, you guys are awesome," I beam.

"We're here too." I watch as Emily and Carey walk through the door too.

"Hey guys," I smile brightly at them.

We get to work preparing the food for the cookout. After everything is pretty much ready Jesse walks in with his mom and Richard.

"Hey Mia," Maria smiles warmly at me. I smile at her and give her a hug.

"Hi Maria, how is Los Angeles?" I ask her.

"Couldn't be better." She smiles at me. "This is Richard, Richard this is Amelia Jesse's girlfriend."

"It's a pleasure to meet you," He says raising my hand and kissing the back of it.

"Oh um you too," I smile shyly at him.

Jesse rolls his eyes and huffs in irritation. Everyone heads outside besides Jesse, Carey, and I.

I go up to him and kiss him. "Behave," I whisper to him.

He snorts. "If he wasn't such a jackass-" I cut him off.

"Jesse," I say sternly. "You don't get to see her often, amuse her. Behave."

He sighs and nods. "Sure, sure." I shake my head and walk over to the fridge as Jesse walks outside.

"Mia, can we talk?" Carey asks.

"Yeah, sure," I smile at her. I grab Carey's hand, pulling her upstairs to Jesse and I's bedroom. She goes over to the bed and start's fidgeting. "What's wrong?" I ask her, confused.

"Mia I messed up so bad, and I know that now. You were right about Damon. I-" She cuts off and tears start rolling down her cheeks. She looks away from me toward's the window.

"Carey whatever it is I won't tell anyone if you don't want me too," I tell her.

"I'm sorry I ruined your birthday. I had no clue Damon and Marcus were cousins. Marcus pulled up in his car after we pulled in. I was scared of what others would think of me, but the truth is I didn't even like Damon because I'm in love with Emily," She cries. "Em is so much braver than I am about being gay."

"You and Em are together, though, right? I mean, you are working it out?" I ask, confused.

"Yeah, we are," She nods.

"As for my party Carey you are totally forgiven. You didn't even need to apologize," I tell her. The door swings open, and Jesse is standing in the frame of the door.

"Oh, sorry, baby, I was looking for you. Food is done," He says.

"We'll be down in a few minutes," I tell him. He nods and shuts the door. I turn back to Carey in confusion. "There's more, isn't there?" I ask her worriedly.

She nods. "I'm pregnant, Mia, and it's Damon's. I already told him, and he wants nothing to do with it, which is fine with me. I haven't told Emily yet. Mia, I don't know how." Carey's eyes are pleading with mine.

"Oh, Carey," I murmur, stunned. I go over to her and hug her tightly.

"I wanna keep it, Mia, but I'm scared that Em won't want me to. What if she-" I cut her off.

"Carey, shh, it's going to be fine. Em would never force you into a decision to get rid of your baby. She's the most supportive person I know. You need to tell her Carey very soon," I tell her.

"Tell me what?" Emily asks, standing in the frame of the door. I didn't realize the door had even opened. I look at Emily in surprise and back to Carey, who has apparent fear in her eyes.

"Tell her," I whisper to Carey.

"I'll give you two a moment," I say loud enough for both of them to hear. I go downstairs with my beer in hand and walk outside, down into the yard. Everyone's gathered around a huge table, Jesse, Maria, Richard, Bryan, Rachel, Mom, Bobby, which is Opie's dad, Jasmine, Jordy, Lily, Noah, Frank, Nicky, Kelly, Opie, and Chrissy. I go over and sit down on Jesse's lap, leaving the last two chairs for Emily and Carey.

I start picking at Jesse's food, and he chuckles. "Do you want me to make you a plate love?" He asks.

"Nah, I'm not that hungry," I tell him and eat his chips. He laughs. I throw an arm around his shoulder and kiss him.

"Hey, knock that off. If you two don't settle down, there are going to be babies running around in the yard in no time." Bobby says. Jesse and I pull apart and laugh at his uncle.

"That's not a terrible idea," Jesse chuckles.

Maria gives him a death glare. "High school first children."

"I'm too smart for high school," Jesse grumbles, and I laugh.

"I'm not even about to argue that," I say, nodding in agreement.

"To young to be a grandma," My mom says pointedly.

"I haven't got her pregnant, yet, folks don't worry," Jesse says and chuckles.

"Which is amazing, seriously. You two screw like rab-" Noah says, but Jesse grabs a hot dog and whips it at his head.

"There's an 8-year-old at the table dip shit," Jesse says sternly.

We all laugh when Noah goes red in the face. "Sorry, Bryan and Rachel."

"Not to mention her father and mother, let's so not have this conversation," My dad grumbles. I blush in embarrassment. Jesse chews his food glaring at Noah like he's going to kill him. Jordy has a disgusted look on his face, which Lily is laughing about. Em and Carey come out sitting by Jesse and me.

"Everything good?" I ask them.

"Good," Carey says and smiles. "Thanks, Mia."

"Anytime." I smile at her. Em smiles at me, too, and nods.

***

Jesse's POV

Mia and I come out of the movie. "That movie fucking sucked. Next time I pick it," I grumble at her.

She laughs and shrugs. "I didn't think it was too bad. I didn't care for the ending though."

I roll my eyes. "No love, the whole damn movie sucked," I mutter. She laughs. "Ice cream?" I ask her, pointing across the street to the shop. She nods excitedly. We go over to the shop, get our ice cream, and start walking back towards the Impala.

"Aren't you hot in that?" She tugs at my leather.

"Nah," I shake my head. I throw my ice cream container away.

"I can't believe you finished that already," She says, surprised. I burp, and she laughs, shaking her head. She continues eating hers.

All of a sudden, I feel a gun pointed into my back. I automatically put my hands up slightly.

"Walk into the alleyway, slowly don't be stupid," The voice warns. Mia drops her ice cream in shock. We slowly walk into the alleyway.