Chapter 48. Betrayal

Mia's POV

My blood is boiling. The second Jesse sees me; he drops his hands from her hips. "Baby...this is not what it looks like...she...I didn't," He says as I walk towards them. He doesn't finish what he's saying.

I walk straight up to Alyssa and punch her in the nose. She falls to the ground. I have every intention to continue beating the shit out of her, but Jesse grabs me around the waist to stop me.

"You dumb blonde two timin' fuckin' bimbo!" I screech. Jesse throws me over his shoulder and starts walking into the house as I'm pointing and screaming at her. "I'm going to scratch your fuckin' face off, you nasty little fucking whore!" I scream as Jesse walks us through the door into the dining room and down a couple of steps into the living room. "Put me down right now!" I scream at him.

Jesse sets me down and looks back at me with worry in his eyes. I slap him across the face, and everyone gasps in shock. I shove past him and start walking through the living room toward the entrance.

"What the hell is going on?" Nicky asks in shock.

"Noah, go out there and deal with your girlfriend. I think Mia broke her nose," Jesse says calmly.

"What?! Why?" Noah explodes. I turn to face the boy who'd become one of my best friends. I look Noah dead in the eyes. Pure rage is boiling through me. Betrayal. What is worse is I don't care if it hurts Noah, I care that it hurt me. It's all I can think about. I can't pull out the image that is now burned into my skull.

"Why don't you ask your best friend, Noah," I mutter darkly to him.

"Damn it, Mia, I didn't kiss her! She kissed me! I was pushing her away when you walked out the god damn door!" Jesse booms. He finally lost his cool. I don't say anything. I watch as the color drains out of Noah's face. He turns to Jesse.

"Seriously, man? What the fuck happened?" Noah murmurs in confusion.

"I just went outside to get some fresh air," Jesse says, looking straight into Noah's eyes. "Alyssa came out. I told her she should go in because it's cold and then she throws her arms around me and kissed me. It was hardly even that. The second her lips touched mine; I pushed her away."

I don't want to hear anymore. I slowly make my way up the stairs. I've never felt so hurt and defeated in my entire life. How can he expect me to believe him? Should I believe him?

Jesse's POV

"Think about it, man," I plead with Noah. "Why would I cheat on the only woman I've ever been in love with. Mia and I have a great sex life. I don't need one with Alyssa. Mia's the only girl I'm even remotely attracted too. I just proposed to her! Why would I throw it away?!" I turn away from him, running my hands through my hair in frustration.

"I believe you, man," Noah sighs.

"You do?" I ask surprised, turning to face him.

"Yeah, man, I do. I've seen how she has looked at you before. I sort of accused her of having a thing for you before, but she denied it," Noah says, looking down.

"She does like Jesse. She has admitted it to me," Cammy speaks up. "I'm sorry I should have told you guys, but Alyssa is my best friend. I never thought she'd act on it."

I look at Noah. "She's gotta leave man soon. She may have just cost me my entire future." I point in the direction of the stairs to make it clear I am referring to Mia. I know it's the one thing she can't handle. She was cheated on before me. Mia is never going to believe me. I'm sick at the thought of losing her. I turn toward the stairs to go talk to her, but a hand grabs my arm.