Chapter 8. Scary Movies

Mia's POV

We go through the front door that leads into the living room. He hangs his jacket up, and I copy him, kicking our shoes off too. He begins to walk to the couch with me right behind him. We sit down he turns the TV on. He gets on Netflix. "What do you want to watch?" He asks.

"How about the Conjuring? I haven't seen it yet," I say as I sit down on the couch beside him.

He looks at me, his face full of doubt. "You like scary movies?" I smile and nod in response.

"You ain't gonna scream and jump into my lap?" He chuckles. I shake my head, still smiling.

He frowns at me. "Well, what is the fun in that?" He teases.

I blush, biting my lip and looking down. "I guess I walked into that one," I mutter, and he starts laughing.

He starts the movie and says, "I like scary movies too, but I haven't seen this one yet." He turns the lights off. He has one hand on his leg and the other resting on the back of the couch. So I scoot closer to him and rest my head on the crook of his neck. I inhale the smell of him. He smells like cologne and leather. I immediately begin to feel the heat rushing up my thighs into the pit of my stomach.

He puts his hand on my head and begins playing with my hair. I think I am going to have to re-watch this movie. It's not possible to pay any attention to it with how he is making me feel. He continues playing with my hair. I pull my knees up to my chest and rest my arms between my legs.

"You smell so good," He says softly to me. A shiver rolls down my spine at his words. He moves his arm from around my shoulder and puts it between my legs lower than where my hands are. He begins to rub my thigh with his thumb as he slouches further into the couch. My heart pounds against my chest. All I can think about is what his hands are doing. He throws his other hand behind his head. I feel like I am on the verge of combustion.

We sit there for an hour, and I'm trying to figure out how it took me so long to get comfortable with Marcus, and in no time at all, I'm entirely at ease with Jesse. I had debated so long on giving Marcus my virginity and wound up, giving it to Jesse when he wasn't even trying. What is the matter with me? What the hell is it with this boy?

It feels like an electrical current every time he touches me. My mind and body reacts to it so quickly. I ask Jesse to pause the movie so I can get up and use the bathroom.

"Do you want a drink or something to eat?" He asks me.

"No, thanks," I tell him as I head toward the dining room. After I come back to the living room, Jesse isn't in here, so I sit down where he was sitting.

Except I put my legs up on the couch, laying down with my head against the armrest. He comes back, notices me in his spot, tilts his head at me, shrugs, lifts my legs, and sits. He puts my legs over his, and his thigh pressed against my ass. He pushes play with only about a half-hour left in the movie.

He holds one of my hands and begins to rub it. Then he manages to snake his arm through my thighs again. This time he begins to rub much closer to my heat than before. I guess I should have thought it through when I decided to take his seat. I thought if I do this, he won't be able to touch me so easily, and I was wrong. A strong part of me wants him to touch me, so I'm not going to say no. I don't think I could say no to him if I tried.

When the movie ends, he looks over at me tiredly. "Wanna watch another movie?" He asks.

"What time is it?" I ask.

He reaches into his pocket, freeing my thigh, and grabs his phone. "It's midnight," He yawns.

Holy shit, it's midnight already. I hurry up and grab my phone off, then end table beside the couch and check my texts. There is one from mom.