Chapter 40. Halloween

Mia's POV

It's finally Halloween I'm so excited. The school in Atlanta doesn't allow you to dress out. I talked Jesse into throwing a Halloween Party. People in school have warmed up to me quite a bit. They realized I wasn't mean or stuck up. 

A lot of them have asked me questions and I tell them the truth. I give them a short version that Marcus was my ex-boyfriend who found out that I was with Jess. He got jealous pulled a gun on us and that Jesse had his concealed carry. He shot Marcus right as Marcus shot him. 

I tell people Jesse isn't half as bad as he looks. Some kids have even been brave enough to actually speak to him. Damon has left Jesse alone as he was told to by the police, or he would be the one getting in trouble. Jesse and I went shopping for our Halloween costumes already after I told him my idea he agreed to it. 

At first, I'll admit I tried getting him to go as Wendy and Peter Pan. I should have known better there is no way in hell you are getting a bad boy in tights no matter how much he loves you. We're in 3rd-hour Algebra and as usual, he is behind me mindlessly playing with my hair. My phone buzzes it's Jess of course.

Jesse: I love you <3

Me: I love you too.

Jesse: Algebra is boring.

Me: you know for once I agree with you. I learned all of this crap last year, so I'm having no problems with this class.

Jesse: You aren't having problems with any classes. I've seen your grades you got all A's.

Me: Because I got a smart and sexy ass tutor :P

Jesse: lol damn right you do.

The bell rings and we head for the fourth period. The rest of the day seems to drag probably because its Friday and it is October 31st. I can't wait for the party it's obviously a costume party and we are all really excited. We mainly only invited seniors because there is going to be drinking.

All costumes are a surprise. None of us have told each other what our costumes are. Frank and Noah even have dates. A couple of new girls that they just met in a couple of classes they have with them. I really like them both.

Noah is bringing Alyssa, and Frank is bringing Cammy. Her real name is Cameron but she prefers Cam or Cammy. We head back to the house, luckily we both manage to get today off of work. The boys are going to get things ready outside though most of the outside is done. Us girls are going to finish getting the inside ready.

The party doesn't start until seven o'clock tonight, so we have plenty of time. I even got Em and Carey to come. They worked out their issues and are now together. It's weird I admit seeing my two oldest friends together, but as long as they're happy I'm happy. We finished setting up by five o'clock so we decide to go get our costumes on. I really hope all my hair fits into the wig I bought.

Jesse and I finish getting dressed last because I can't get undressed in front of Jesse without causing at least a make-out session and vice versa. We make our way down the hall to the living room stairs as we're coming down all of our friends are laughing and whistling at us.

Good so they totally get the costume then. Our guns are fake, Jesse wanted to use real ones but I talked him out of it.  "Fucking genius." Noah laughs. "Who's brilliant idea was that?"

"Mine," I laugh. Jesse and I had to put our Bonnie and Clyde costumes together ourselves because there wasn't an actual costume for it at the stores.