Chapter 47. Hostility

Jesse's POV

Dear Me,

She said yes to me. I still can't believe it. Opie got it all on recording and sent it to my mom, and Mia's dad and mom. I was scared she was going to say no. It's kind of funny most people wouldn't think of me as the kind of man who is intimidated by women. And I'm not; it's only one woman. She makes me feel things I've never felt before. A kind of passion that you can't describe. A love you can't explain. I fell for her so quickly, so easily. I've never been the kind of person to have very good luck. But I feel pretty god damn lucky right now. It's only December 22nd. We still have three days to Christmas. It's 5 A.M. I'm up early. I didn't sleep very well. All I can think about is her. She is all that even matters to me anymore. I can't stand the thought of being away from her for any extended length of time. I miss her just when I'm away from her during school and work, or when she walks into a different room. I asked my mother the other day if that kind of feeling ever let up. She told me it doesn't. She says she still misses my dad every single day, and that being with Richard hasn't changed her feelings about my dad. It's crazy to think no amount of time could truly heal my mother. It makes me wonder what it'd be like if I lost Mia. I can't stand the thought of that. I'd never be stupid enough to put myself into a position to lose her. Not ever.

Jesse Parker

I stand up and refill my coffee cup. At least we left an unopened container of coffee here. I'd die without coffee. Mia comes down the stairs as I'm turning the radio on to play music. She walks over and pours herself a cup of coffee. I walk up behind her, wrap my arms around her and kiss up the side of her neck.

"Good morning," I murmur in her ear right before I suck on her neck right below her jawline. She moans in response. I smile, knowing I do that to her.

"Good morning," She yawns. She bites her lip and turns around to face me, traveling her hands up my abs, chest, and around my neck. I think she knows she drives me crazy when she does that. Then again, everything this girl does drives me crazy. I lean down to kiss her, sucking her bottom lip into my mouth, nibbling on it lightly. It's not without difficulty, but I break the kiss.

"We have shopping to do," I point out.

She nods and yawns again. "I just want to go back to bed. When did you get up?" she asks.

"Like five," I tell her. She nods I grab her left arm and kiss the inside of her wrist and then her left finger. I let go of her so she can go sit down. Everyone begins to come into the kitchen, grabbing some coffee slowly.

Mia and I are going grocery shopping. I give Opie and Jordy money to buy a Christmas tree. We're going to come back here and then head back into town for last-minute Christmas shopping. Mia and I climb into my truck, Opie, Jordy, Chrissy, and Lily get into Opie's truck.

"Fuck, I'm glad these roads aren't as bad," I say.

"Me too," Mia says.

We park, climb out of the truck, and head into the store. I'll admit usually she can estimate really well on groceries and how much food to buy. I'm pretty sure it drives her crazy when I tell her she's buying too much, so I try saying it nicer this time. "I don't know, love. This is a lot of food for 13 days. You know we got to throw away whatever we don't eat pretty much." I point out.

"Jesse, there are twelve people in the house. I don't even know if this will be enough," She says. I think she is full of shit. I just laugh and shake my head.

"We should come up here after graduation," She says.

"Good idea," I tell her. We load up the groceries into the truck and head back to the cabin. Once we're back, the others are already back also. When we get inside, we see a huge Christmas tree in the middle of the big living room window.

"Ya'll mind helping us carry these groceries in?" I ask. Everyone begins to head out to my truck to grab the rest of the groceries. We still make a few trips. I seriously think we got more than we needed but then again... Women tend to be right about these things, so I guess we'll find out.

***

The girls are in the kitchen cooking supper while the guys are in the game room in the basement. It has a bar that is still fully stocked, a pool table, and a powerful sound system that I installed a year ago. In the other direction is a sitting area as well. Frank and I watch as Nicky and Noah play Opie and Jordy.

"Dude, I can't believe you popped the question," Nicky says.

"No shit, bro, I about pissed myself," Frank agrees.

I smile. "I'd marry her right now if she'd agree to it."

Opie shakes his head. "Yeah, man, I get it if it were Chrissy I'd be the same."

"What you think the girls are doing?" Noah asks curiously.

"Probably talking about us, like we're talking about them..." I trail off and chuckle.

"So how's shit going with Alyssa and Cammy?" I ask Frank and Noah.

"Good," they both say.

"Get your pickle tickled yet?" I ask, laughing. They used to give me shit about Mia.

"Yep," They both say at the same time with smirks on their faces. The girls call us up for dinner, and we walk up. We sit around the big dining room table, eat, and talk. We've all been drinking for a couple of hours now. I'm starting to get a buzz I've been slamming Jack Daniels.

The rest of the guys are feeling it to maybe not so much the girls. As we gather around in the living room after supper, we start drinking heavier. After hanging out in the living room playing poker and Yahtzee, I decide to step outside to get some air. I stand there, letting the cold air hit my face, it feels good.

All of a sudden, I'm not alone. I hear the door open. It's Alyssa Noah's girl. "It's cold out here," She shivers.

"You should probably go back in so you don't catch something," I tell her.

She shakes her head at me. "I needed some fresh air too."

I let it go and just stand there quietly. The quiet feels a bit awkward with her. The truth is, I hardly know her. She doesn't talk much to me, and I don't go out of my way to speak to her either. She begins to walk towards me. I just stand there confused, unsure of what she's doing.

"What are you doing-" I try saying, but she cuts me off. All of a sudden, she leaps up, throws her arms around me, and kisses me. If you can count it as a kiss. Her lips just barely brush mine before my brain leaps into action. I grab her waist and push her down. She looks at me with a naughty type smile playing at her lips. That's when I hear the last fucking thing I wanted to hear right at this particular second.

"What the fuck is going on?" Mia asks with such hostility in her voice that I'm afraid to turn and face her.