Chapter 28. Happy Birthday Mia

Jesse's POV

"Don't forget the shovels," I say through the phone.

"On my way out," Jordy says and hangs up. Jordy comes out of his garage several minutes later. He throws the shovels and gas can into the backseat. The clock reads two in the morning. "Damn, man. You could have warned me."

"I wasn't even sure how it'd happen, Jordy," I mutter.

"You sure you got the right guy?" Jordy raises his eyebrows questioningly as I back out of the drive.

"I'm sure," I mutter darkly. We drive out toward the woods further up our road. There is an old abandon farm house way at the top where Nine Mile Road ends. I back my car into a wooded area.

We pop the trunk of my car. "You better plan to get this shit detailed," Jordy grunts as he helps me lift the body out of the trunk. We carry him further into the woods off the path. We head back to the car to get the gasoline and shovel.

"Man, you best pray like hell nobody finds out. Nobody saw you, right?" Jordy asks worriedly.

"Dude, chill. Nobody saw me," I mutter.

"How the fuck do you take down a guy twice your size?"

"The bigger they are, the harder they fall."

"I hope you're sure about what we're doing," Jordy huffs.

"I'm not sure of anything right now, Jordy. I've never committed murder before. Look, I did a bit of research on the guy. He's nothing but a junkie biker. I'm pretty sure the world isn't going to miss his ass."

"Are you going after the others?"

"No, I don't think so," I mutter. "What he did to Mia was worse than what any of the others did." We begin digging a hole between a couple of trees. "This has to stay between us, Jordy."

"Obviously. You better hope Mia doesn't wonder where the fuck you went tonight," Jordy chuckles. Only your best friend would help you bury a body.

"She's a heavy sleeper, usually."

Digging the hole takes us a while, we dig it at least six feet deep. We roll the body that is covered in a bloody sheet into the hole. Jordy and I straighten up. Our gazes meet for a moment. Jordy shrugs and grabs the gas can. He empties the gasoline onto the body as I light a cigarette with a match. I throw the still lit match down onto the body. Fire spreads quickly over the body. "Committing murder for her?" Jordy looks at me and smirks. "You must really love her."

My gaze leaves his, and I look down at the body. "I'd give her my last breath," I murmur. "Come on, let's bury this asshole," I mutter as I hand Jordy a shovel.

***

"Don't forget to burn the clothes you're wearing," I say sternly. Jordy nods as he opens up the car door. He gets into the backseat to grab the shovels and gas can. "Clean the shovels off too."

"Will do," He yawns tiredly.

"Jordy?"

"Yeah?"

"Thanks, man."

Jordy chuckles. "What kind of friend would I be if I didn't help you dig a grave at least once? Besides, when I need help burying a body, I don't want to hear any bitching from you."

When I decided I was going to do this, I took every precaution. I had layered my trunk in plastic to get as little blood in my trunk as possible. When I get home, I pull the plastic from my trunk and look around it. Even though I don't see anything, I'm still going to get the car detailed, as Jordy said, but first, I'll clean it thoroughly myself.