Chapter 31. Bet

Jesse's POV

Chrissy, Opie, Emily, Mia, and I climb into the Challenger. Jordy, Lily, Nicky, Kelly, Noah, and Frank take my Dodge, and we head to the Tracks. We pull up to the tracks, and I notice a vehicle I'd never seen before, but I try not to overthink it. I got a pretty good idea that it's Marcus's car. I know there is going to be a lot of races tonight, Damon and Joey are going to race whoever wins that round I race.

Rob and Caleb are going to race, and whoever wins that round, I am also going to race, so I have to race twice tonight. If Marcus shows, then I race him. And there might be more I have to talk to Rick and see what is up.

We walk towards where Rick is standing. They turn around to face us. Of course, Marcus and Damon are there talking to Rick. "Well, I give you props you got balls showing up here," I tell Marcus.

"We gonna race or you to chicken shit?" He asks, arrogantly.

I laugh and shake my head. "Dude, I already told you, you don't scare me."

"We'll see," He retorts.

"Yeah, put your money where your mouth is and your on!" I growl. Mia is holding my arm, trying to pull me back as I get closer to the scumbag.

"Not money, I wanna race you..." He trails off. "For her." He points at Mia.

Before I can stop myself, I burst into hysterics. Mia looks more scared that I'm laughing than she did when I was yelling."W-what?" I choke between laughter. "Are you out of your fucking mind?! I ain't going to bet you, my girl!" I roar.

"Why? scared you're going to lose?" He smirks.

I can't take it anymore. I punch him in the jaw, Opie, Jordy, Nick, Noah, and Frank all grab hold of me. Mia places herself in front of me with her hands on my chest.

"Jess, calm down. It's okay." She says to me it doesn't work. I'm livid.

"She isn't a piece of property, asshole! If she wanted you, she'd be with you! You had your chance with her you fucked it up..." I trail off. An evil grin spreads across my face. "And I'm really glad you did." I lick my lips.

The realization hits him, and he is pissed. He's got guys trying to hold him back. I've got guys trying to hold me back.

"Do it!" Mia yells out of nowhere.

We all stop and look at her. "Take the fucking bet. You know you're going to win anyway." She looks at me. "Take the bet," she says stubbornly.

"Hell, no!" I say, "Over my dead fucking body."

She spins and walks toward Marcus. He reaches out to grab her, but she hisses and slaps his hand away.

"You are going to look like a complete idiot, so you know. Besides, rather you win or lose, I would never give you what I gave him." She says, clarifying that we've had sex.

Oh, damn this girl. Here I am being all subtle about it and shit. Marcus is now looking at me. I smirk at him and lick my lips. He tries pulling away from the guys that are holding him back, and I laugh.

She walks up to me, putting both her hands on each side of my face. She stands up on her toes and kisses me as the guys continue to hold me back. When we break apart, Marcus is gritting his teeth. Mia's looking at me with confidence.

"Take the bet. Maybe when he loses, he'll finally leave me the hell alone." She says only loud enough for the boys and me to hear.

"Fine, I'll take that bet, but not just for her, you got to have something else. Either the car or money," I mutter.