Chapter 9. Red Dress

Jesse's POV

I wake up to my phone dinging.

Opie: Hey, you sexy bitch! Birthday party at your house?

Jordy: Hey, birthday boy party tonight?

Noah: Happy belated birthday. Did you get your pickle tickled last night? Party?

I groan, "You got to be kidding."

Mia is lying on my chest and stirs, looking up at me in confusion. "Something wrong?" She asks.

"The guys are blowing my phone up," I say yawning.

"For what?" She asks, sitting up. My body already misses hers.

"They wanna throw me a birthday party," I tell her. I kinda just want to stay in bed with Mia.

"Well, maybe I should get out of your hair then," She says.

"You should come, or it won't be much of a party," I tell her, sitting up and tilting her chin towards me.

"I celebrated with you last night, though," She argues.

"So?" I ask.

"I got nothing to wear."

"I'll buy you something," I smile at her.

She laughs. "You got an answer for everything, don't you?"

"Usually," I admit.

"I'll think about it," She says and gives me a small smile.

"I'll take it," I chuckle.

We get out of bed, heading down the stairs. She grabs her clothes off of the living room floor where we'd left them and goes to the bathroom to change. I text all the guys back the same exact text.

Me: Give me a few. I got to take Mia home.

Noah: Oh, you did get some! Was it good?

Me: Get your own sex life and stay out of mine!

I run back upstairs and quickly get dressed, then come back down. "Ready?" She asks.

"Yeah," I nod and pull her through the dining room towards the back door. "We'll take my truck," I tell her. She nods. We climb into my Dodge and head toward's town.

It's quiet all the way back to her place. The silence doesn't feel awkward, though. Which is good, I think. I pull to the curb and throw the truck into park.

"Thanks for keeping me company last night," I smile at her. She just smiles at me. I lean over, resting a palm against her cheek and kissing her. "Let me know about it later?" I ask her.

"I will," She nods and climbs out of the truck shutting the door. I wait until she gets into the house and pull away.

***

MIA'S POV

I climb the steps to my bedroom, sneaking right past my mom. I decide to call Lily. As the phone rings, I open my medicine cabinet and quickly pop a plan B pill just in case.

"Hello?" She answers.

"Hey," I say to her.

"Hey, hon, what's up?" She asks me.

I sigh. "You know the boys are throwing Jesse a birthday party?" I ask her.

"Yep," She pops the P.