Chapter 54. Ocean

Jesse's POV

Mia comes down the stairs wearing a white long button-up thin shirt with a white swim top and white short shorts. I'm wearing a pair of black shorts and a black muscle shirt. I put my hand out and lead her the rest of the way down the stairs.

"Ready to go, baby?" I ask her.

"I'm ready," She says. Mom is having dinner with my aunt. So Mia and I decided to take our trip to the beach it's already five o'clock, but the Ocean is only half an hour away. I watch her on and off as I drive. More looking at her than the scenery. Her hair is blowing out the window. Her shirt is blowing around too, and I can see her swim top more clearly because her shirt is all crooked and not buttoned all the way up.

She looks at me, curiously. "What?" She murmurs. She fixes her shirt being self-conscious, not that she needs to be because she is the sexiest woman on the planet.

"Nothing," I say and smirk.

"You know we aren't having sex on the beach, right?" She chuckles.

"Says who?" I ask her half-joking.

"Says me," She says sternly, pointing a finger at me. I reach over trail my fingers up her inner thigh, up her stomach, up her breast, up her neck until I reach her chin. I move her face to where she has to look at me.

I lick my lips. "I bet I can talk you into it," I tease. She shakes her head, but I can already sense that I won just by looking at her expression. Her breathing becomes erratic.

"We'll see, love," I murmur. It comes out husky, and she bites her lip in response. I keep my eyes on the road for the rest of the drive because she is very distracting. Once we arrive, we go sit down on a blanket first and just watch the waves roll in. I'm sitting up, and she is sitting in between my legs leaning into my chest. I run my fingers through her hair.

"We've been together almost a year," I say thoughtfully.

She looks at me and smiles. "I know," She smiles. I put my head down, kiss her on the nose then the lips. I'm about to release her lips, but she starts biting on my bottom lip. It triggers me to deepen the kiss. I slip my tongue into her mouth, massaging it. The beach isn't very busy. I lay her down on the blanket and continue kissing her.

She pulls away. "Jess, there are people around," She murmurs.

"The closes people are like a hundred yards away, Mia," I argue.

She gives me that 'really' look. I pick her up and carry her bridal style towards the water, and the sun is beginning to set. "Jesse, wait! I still have my clothes on!" She screams. I drop her in the water she stands up and slaps me. We have a water fight. We come back out of the water and begin walking along the beach, watching the sun go down.

"You know how big my love is for you?" I ask her as I stop walking and spin her back into my chest.

"How big?" she asks me, playing along.

"Bigger than this damn ocean," I tell her and chuckle. She laughs and reaches up to kiss me. We stand there for a while, not saying anything, just listening to the Ocean. "Ready to go?" I ask her.

"Yeah." We head back to the car, get in, and head home. As I'm driving, I watch headlights dance across her face. She looks tired.

"You can go to sleep," I say softly. "I'll carry you in when we get back."

"I'm okay," She looks up at me. "It's only half an hour." She goes quiet and rests her head against the seat. By the time we get home. I realize she did, in fact, fall asleep. I pick her up out of the car. She is so tired she doesn't even wake as I carry her inside. My mom is in the sitting room reading when I come in carrying Mia bridal style.

"What happened?" She asks worriedly.

"Shh, she's just asleep," I tell her quietly. I carry Mia up the stairs and to our bedroom. I move the blanket and lay her down on the sheets and cover her up. I go into the bathroom and shower. I let the hot water run down my back as I push my hands up against the tile. I walk into the room and sit in one of the chairs and grab my journal.

Dear me,

If she and I could stay this way forever, I'd be happy with that. Today was amazing. It's like those kinds of things you see in a movie. Except this isn't a movie. We laughed and wrestled around in the water. We talked about different things, the future being one of them. We agreed on a date to get married. I want to do it soon, and she wants to do it in the summer. So we are getting married this coming summer August 16th. I can't wait to be married to her. I want to know that she is mine only and forever. Mom is excited she and Mia are going to talk about wedding plans tomorrow. I'll be glad to get home. I don't think Molly likes it when we leave, and I don't think the horses do either. Molly is getting really big. Mia adores her, and Molly loves Mia, so I definitely did right by that. As I sit here and write, I look up watching her sleep. I have to admit I'm tired too. We walked a lot up and down the beach. We were there for about four hours. It's already eleven o'clock. The school year has gone by a lot quicker than I thought it would. I can't wait for it to be over. To graduate and go back to the cabin.

Jesse Parker