Chapter 43. Spanish

Jesse's POV

"Good morning baby," I murmur as she stretches and yawns.

"Good morning," She sighs. She pulls herself up onto my chest to kiss me. It is the day before Thanksgiving Mom and Rich are flying in today.

"What time is your mom gonna be at the airport?" she asks glancing at the clock it's 5 A.M.

"Plane lands at 11:15 A.M. You know what that means?" I ask her. My voice and expression not giving anything away. 

"What?" She asks completely oblivious. I flip us so I'm laying between her legs. We're both already naked from the night before. She is giggling as I throw the blanket over us.

***

"I'll be right back baby," I tell her as I kiss her goodbye. I have to head off to the airport to pick my mom and Rich up.

"I love you," She says to me.

"Love you too," I call over my shoulder as I head out the door. Once in my truck, I pull out of the driveway and head for Atlanta. The traffic is pretty busy. People are probably out getting things they need for tomorrow since a lot of places will be closed tomorrow. When I reach the airport I climb out of my truck and head inside.  I see mom and Rich making their way towards me.

"Hi, baby!" She squeals the second she sees me and then she is all over me kissing my face.

"Whoa, Mom, it's good to see you too," I kiss her on the cheek and hug her. We walk towards my truck my mom climbs into the middle and Richard in the passenger seat.

As I start to pull away from the airport Mom asks me. "How is Amelia?"

"She's good," I tell her. "She is waiting back at the house."

"That's good. So things are going good between the two of you?" She asks curiously. She obviously wants some details. My mom worries about me a lot. Especially before Mia. I've never had a real relationship before. 

I laugh. "Yes mom things are great between us," I tell her. "I asked her if she wanted to get hitched but she said we should wait until after high school," I tell her half-joking. I mean truthfully if Mia said to me lets elope I'd be game.

Mom smacks me upside the head. "Ow damn it ma I'm driving!" I say getting sassy with her, big mistake. My mom may be small but she is fast and tough as hell. She scares me a little bit. 

"You listen to me Mi Hijo you two better not elope! If you two are going to really get married one day I want to be there!" She fires at me. She starts cursing me in Spanish which I know Rich poor guy is clueless as to what she is saying. I start arguing back with her in Spanish. I try to calm her down and tell her I was just kidding. I also tell her maybe Mia doesn't want a big wedding some people don't. She begins going on about dad dying and I'm her only baby. It works it makes me feel guilty.

I sigh. "Look ma it doesn't even matter I didn't exactly propose. It just sort of got brought up casually not seriously," I explain to her.

"Okay," she says calming down a bit.

As I pull into the driveway up towards the back door. Mia comes running out. She is excited to see my mom. The two of them have been talking quite a bit since the party we had at the end of the summer.

Hi, Maria!" She greets my mother as we hop out of the truck.

"Hi, sweetheart." She pulls Mia in for a hug. Richard and I grab the bags and take them inside while the girls fuss over each other. As I walk back into the kitchen I hear my mom saying "I hope he has been being good to you," She says.