Chapter 56. One Last Ride

Mia's POV

"Let's make a baby," He murmurs to me.

What?! My mind explodes with chaos. Is he joking? Did I hear him wrong? "Um, what?" I ask, making sure I heard right.

"I want to have a baby," He says softly. I lift my head to look at him.

"Have you lost your mind?" He's just watching me waiting to see my reaction. I see it in his eyes how serious he is. It's obviously something he put a lot of thought into.

"Jess..." I trail off. I choke on the words that want to come out. He waits. "A baby?" I squeak. He nods. I bite my lip and stare into his eyes, "Okay," I breathe.

"Yeah?" He asks, starting to smile.

"Yeah," I say. "But at least wait until after the wedding?"

He nods. "Okay." I kissed him and lay back across his chest and fall asleep in his arms. I've been thinking about a baby too. I'm not getting married while pregnant, though.

***

Jesse's POV

I wake up with her body, still lying across my chest. Her arms up around my neck and her legs tangled up in mine with my arms around her naked back. I crawl out of bed, careful not to wake her. I hop in the shower, cleaning up and letting the hot water run down my back. I dry off and get dressed. Mia's already out of bed. I go downstairs, and she's pouring coffee into the cups we bought each other at Christmas.

She starts making breakfast, Eggs, toast, and bacon. Just as she hands me my plate, I get a call. It's Jordy. "Hello?" I ask.

"Hey," Jordy says.

"What's up?" I ask him.

"Could you help me at Dad's shop today?" He asks me.

"Uh yeah, I guess," I tell him.

"Want me to pick you up?" He asks. 

"Nah, it's a nice day out I'd rather ride my bike," I tell him.

"Yeah, man sounds good," Jordy says. 

"What was that about?" Mia asks me.

"Jordy needs help at your dad's shop, so I told him I'd go with him. Going to ride our bikes," I explain to her. We finish eating. I help her with the dishes. We go in and sit and watch TV for a little bit. I hear Jordy's bike pull up. I get up stretch bend down Kiss Mia Just as Jordy walks in and snaps a picture of it. "ha you losers are so cute together," Jordy says.

"I love you, baby," I say.

"I love you too. See you later." She says. Jordy and I go out and get on our bikes and take off. I turn my radio on to listen to music as we drive. We don't get too far up the road when I notice the lace to my boot is stuck in the bike. I'm trying to wiggle it out when all a sudden, I hear Jordy scream."Jesse, watch out!"

I look up to see a red Chevy caviler headed straight for me. I swerve to miss the car, and before I can correct the bike, I start going down a steep incline. My last thoughts are Mia. It's like that moment where your life flashes before your eyes. I love you, baby.