Chapter 5. Emergency

Mia's POV

When I wake up, I'm confused. I'm lying on something or someone. It takes me a moment to remember how the hell I got here. My arms around his neck. My head in the crook of his neck, and my leg around his waist.

My head is pounding. It's hard to even register what is going on. That is until I realize I'm naked, with a boy who is also naked! Oh good god, what did I do?!

I'm no idiot I know damn well what I did! The area between my legs hurts like hell. He has a hand on my ass. He's so gorgeous, though. I, however, must be a trainwreck. My head and heart both pounding as I slowly slip out of bed. My head fuzzy, I'm not even sure if I can walk. When I stand off the bed, my legs shake. My legs feel rubbery. To my surprise, Jesse doesn't stir at all.

Last night is a blur. I quietly get dressed and quickly leave his bedroom, heading down the stairs. The girls are downstairs, cleaning up the mess. I start throwing bottles and cans into trash bags. My head still pounding.

"Did you have a good time?" Kelly chuckles.

I look at her in surprise. Do they know what we did?

"What did you and Jesse do?" Chrissy asks bluntly, smiling from ear to ear.

"Oh, nothing really. We just talked and fell asleep." I bite my lip, blushing, totally giving myself away.

"mhm, sure," Kelly says, laughing, calling me out. I ignore them as I continue to clean, knowing I'm not the greatest liar.

"Do you want a ride home?" Chrissy asks Lily, Kelly, and me.

"Um yeah sure," I say as the other two girls nod.

"I'll go let Opie know we're leaving then," Chrissy says.

With that, we head out to Chrissy's traverse. We all climb in and wait for her. Once we get back into town, they drop me off first. I thank them all for a good night and tell Lily I will see her later. I head into the house. As I shut the front door, my mom is in the kitchen. I can hear her shutting cupboards.

"Mia, is that you?" she asks.

I slowly walk into the kitchen, wondering how I explain how I look to my mom. She looks at me and looks as if she is trying to hold back a fit of laughter.

"Did you have a rough night?" she asks.

"Hey, mom yeah, we were up all night. We all stayed at Chrissy's talked about boys and school and just girl stuff," I say quietly. She doesn't look as though she believed a word that came out of my mouth. "I think I'm just going to go sleep it off. We were up super late watching movies and talking."

"Mmk," she says, smiling. I get upstairs and go to my bathroom, taking some Tylenol. I lay there for a while before last night's memories begin to flood back to me. All of it, the dance with Jesse, the fight with some guy, the bathroom where Jesse kissed me. The sex, I lost my virginity to a boy I know almost nothing about. I don't even know his last name. After we had sex, we just fell asleep.

The more I think about it, regret and doubt fill my head. He was so perfect, though, and I was so badly attracted to him. I've never lost control of my own thoughts with Marcus like that, but somehow with Jesse, my mind was very clouded. Then I realize that Jesse never put a condom on last night. Shit. Quickly I grab my phone off my end table.

Me: I need you here like right now.

Lily: I just got home.

Me: Emergency!

Lily: Fine, but I have to bring Lucas with me.

She told me last night she had to babysit Lucas today for her parents. My mom comes walking into my bedroom, and I look up at her.

"Honey, I have to head to the hospital." She says.

"Okay, mom see ya later," I tell her.

"Love you," She says.

"Love you too," I tell her. I wait for my mom to leave, then head downstairs. I pour a glass of water sipping at it slowly as my headache lets up. There's a knock on the door, and I head into the hall to answer it. It's Lily and Lucas.

"Hey, Lucas." I smile at my 8-year-old cousin.

"Hi, Mia," He says and hugs me.

"You can go in and watch T.V. if you want too," I tell him.

He nods and heads into the living room. I tightly grip Lily's forearm and yank her to the kitchen.

"What the hell is the matter with you?" She asks when I let her go, and she rubs her arm.

"I'm sorry, it's just that-um-I-we-" I cut off in a panic. My breathing erratic, and my heart pounding. How am I supposed to tell her?! This isn't even like me. I'm never this irresponsible!

"Oh my god, spill it already!" She yells at me.

"I think I need plan B or birth control like right now," I squeak.

Her mouth drops into an "O" shape. "Who-what-how?" She asks, confused, and shocked.

"Jesse," I mumble.

She gasps in shock. "You-he-what?!" She screeches.

"It just sorta happened," I whisper.

"Oh my god, Mia!" She gasps in shock. "I'm going to kill Jesse!"

"Lily, it's not his fault," I tell her. She stares at me in confusion. "I wanted too," I admit. "Sort of anyway. I did, I don't know I kind of regret it now. I can't believe I gave it up on a one night stand."

She stares at me in surprise. "You made Marcus wait nine months, and you gave it to a guy you hardly know on a one night stand? That makes no sense." She says, shaking her head.

"I was angry at Marcus! I just-I wanted-I don't know." I mumbled and then take a few deep breaths and start over. "I can't explain it. It may sound crazy to you, but the second he touched me, it was like my entire body exploded. Every cell in my body was telling me to touch him. I just-I couldn't stop it."

She shakes her head, angrily. "Watch Lucas I'll be right back," She says. Lily leaves me alone with Lucas, and I decide to go into the living room.

When I sit beside Lucas, he asks me. "Mia, what's a one night stand?"

Oh my god!

"It's just a sort of bed stand that goes by your bed," I tell him in shock. He overheard some of what we said.

When Lily gets back, we go into the kitchen, and she hand's me a package of pills. "This is Plan B, won't work if you're already pregnant just to warn you," She says.

I swallow hard at what she says and quickly throw the pill into my mouth and taking a drink of water to swallow it with. Lily and Lucas both leave. I stand there in the kitchen, trying to wrap my head around what happened last night. My head is full of doubt, at the same time, I wish I could spend another night with Jesse.

Lily: Be smart. I love you, and don't want you to get hurt. I like Jesse, but I know what kind of guy he is. He would only hurt you in the long run. Jesse doesn't do relationships.

Me: I just got out of a horrible relationship. No worries, I'm not out after a boyfriend, okay? I just wanted to see what sex was like, I guess, or what the big fuss is. Marcus certainly couldn't handle being without it. It made me curious.

That's not entirely true, and of course, I know that. If I'm being honest, I had sex with Jesse because of Jesse, not Marcus. For such a gorgeous boy to show such a strong interest in me, I couldn't help myself. Maybe it's easier losing your virginity with no strings attached, this way nobody gets hurt. Right?