Hiding It

Jenni Hermoso leaving FC Barcelona to join PSG.

September 2017

Jenni's POV:

"That's it." I sighed as I finished packing. "All done."

Vicky nodded. "Just like that." 

"Just like that." I mumbled. 

"How's Alexia taking it?"

"She hasn't talked to me. I tried to tell her before the news broke but, I couldn't get to her in time."

"She'll come around."

"I hope so." I put my hands in my pockets. "You know how much she means to me."

"I know." She nodded. "And you mean a lot to her too. So much that seeing you leave is painful."

The next morning I was ready to leave for Paris.

Please talk to me.

Alexia come on.

I wanted to tell you.

I never got a response. I locked my phone and boarded the flight. 

Alexia's POV:

I walked outside to my car and stopped. I turned and looked back at the house.

Leaving for practice and not having Jenni with me. It's going to take some getting used to.

I shook my head and drove to practice. 

"Hey!" Leila met me outside. "You ready for another great season?"

I nodded.

"Alexia. It's been 3 weeks. Don't you want to talk to her?"

"If Mariona signed for a new club and you had to find out from other people how would you feel?"

"I'd be upset,"

"Thank you!"

"Let me finish." I sighed. "I'd be upset BUT I'd still talk to her. Come on we both know Jenni would never do that. She always tells you everything first."

"Yeah well," I got my bag. "Not everything." 

Jenni's POV:

"She hasn't talked to me. She's read all the texts I sent but nothing."

"Give it time." Irene said passing me the ball. "You played for Barcelona since 2013. You have a good opportunity and you took it. She'll talk to you soon enough." I nodded. "Besides, we have games next month with the national team. She can't ignore you then."

October 2017

Alexia's POV:

"Alexia!" I saw Virginia running toward me.

"Yeah?" I laughed. 

"It's been a while."

"I saw you like," I thought about it. "a few weeks ago."

"A few weeks too many!" I laughed. "What's going on in the world of Alexia? The queen of Barcelona!"

"Not much. You know me."

"Love life?"

"Not much. You know me." 

"Alex!" She hit me. "That's a lie and you know it! You and Jenni think you're great at hiding it but we all know."

"We all know what?" Mapi walked over with Leila and Mariona.

"That Alexia and Jenni are a thing." Virginia answered. Leila took a breathe and held it. "What?"

"Breath." Mariona hit Leila. "Breath before you pass out." 

Leila listened and gasped for air. 

"What was that?" I asked her.

"I didn't want to breathe in the awkward air. Hey, look other people that AREN'T you two." She dragged Mapi and Mariona away.

"What awkward air?"

"Jenni and I aren't,"

"We aren't what?" Jenni walked over.

"We aren't doing this right now." I walked away.

"We have to do it sometime!"

"See! Not good at hiding it!"